What the Delays Mean for Divinity Schools

Thanks4Downvoting

So far, I've seen three of the divinity schools that I'm applying move their dates back. Yale - January 18th; Candler - February 1st; Harvard - February 1st. I know that weather and office closings have been cited for the reasons, but I'm curious whether or not this means that they haven't received as many applications as in years past, and are giving extra time to try and get more. Hey, a guy can dream, right? :crosses fingers:

Also, how do you plan to utilize the delays? I've already submitted to all of these institutions, so I can't really take advantage of it, but I'm sure some of you will be using the extra time to fine tune your applications

I remember HDS did the same thing last year, although I wasn't in Boston, so I don't know if the weather was equally terrible last year. I wouldn't read too much into it. They likely have plenty of applications. I hope you're right, though :).

I know it's wishful thinking but I can't help it.

I know it's wishful thinking but I can't help it.

The delay last year at HDS was because of the new GRE requirements. It was the first year it was required at HDS and I guess some people were confused. I was cranky because I submitted for the first deadline.

Also, how do you plan to utilize the delays? I've already submitted to all of these institutions, so I can't really take advantage of it, but I'm sure some of you will be using the extra time to fine tune your applications

I'm using the delay to relax some about my apps. I was having some issues with an error in my transcript and my recommendations not being in yet; now I don't have to worry about either of those things.

The delay last year at HDS was because of the new GRE requirements. It was the first year it was required at HDS and I guess some people were confused. I was cranky because I submitted for the first deadline.

I'm kinda cranky right now, since I submitted those about two weeks ago. I don't want my submissions to seem last minute.