SLP/Communication Disorders Masters Applicants

SJS

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone applied to Purdue. And if so, did you have all your transcripts sent to Purdue directly? (In addition to CSDCAS.)

I applied to Purdue, and yes they want transcripts sent to their graduate secretary in addition to what comes from CSDCAS.

I applied to Purdue, and yes they want transcripts sent to their graduate secretary in addition to what comes from CSDCAS.

It just never occurred to me that they'd want all the transcripts. I just assumed they wanted only the final semester transcript (probably coz CSDCAS wouldn't get those grades to them on time). So I only sent them my post-bacc transcript. And now they're missing all my other undergrad transcripts -- I got an email saying my application was incomplete. And now I'm in serious panic mode. I've no idea if they'll even consider my application if the other transcripts reach them late. Sucks.. considering all the money I spent on the Purdue application. It's a long shot for me, but still, I want them to consider my application instead of just throwing it out for missing transcripts. (Which CSDCAS already has! I hate how Purdue uses CSDCAS, but still wants us to pay an additional fee for their supplemental application, and also submit transcripts to them.)

Edited by trina

Did anyone here apply to University of Memphis? I got an email from graduate admissions a few days ago saying that they didn't have my "final college trancript" (they already got one that included my fall grades, so I assume that final means the one after this spring semester)...and the email says that my application will be given to my program once all items have been submitted to graduate admissions. I'm trying to get in contact with them about it, but I just don't get that, because obviously I can't give them my final college transcipt before the applications are due....

Did anyone here apply to University of Memphis? I got an email from graduate admissions a few days ago saying that they didn't have my "final college trancript" (they already got one that included my fall grades, so I assume that final means the one after this spring semester)...and the email says that my application will be given to my program once all items have been submitted to graduate admissions. I'm trying to get in contact with them about it, but I just don't get that, because obviously I can't give them my final college transcipt before the applications are due....

I am wondering the same thing. I got an e-mail like that a few months back after I sent my transcripts but haven't heard anything since. I didn't even send one that included my fall grades because I applied so early. I'm worried that probably wasn't the best idea. I'm going to try to contact them also.

Update on my CSDCAS Academic Update status: I submitted my information to CSDCAS on the 15th, my transcript arrived on the 25th, and my academic update was verified yesterday on the 30th. The turnaround time wasn't too bad!

Has anyone who has applied to Florida State University, East Carolina, West Virginia University, or the University of Central Florida already received any information/response (about interview appointments, etc.)?

I applied to FSU and UCF. I haven't heard anything yet from UCF, but I got an email from FSU just saying that they would be sending out all decisions by March 6. Did you get that?

@Audioenvy - I searched my email and there was something about decisions being sent by email by March 6th. Thanks... sometimes I overlook or forget about things.

btw, I talked to someone at WVU and although I am not sure when decisions will be sent... they have definitely not been sent yet :)

I did receive an email from the university of south carolina - columbia today. They said, "Decisions should be made around mid-March and at which time notification will be made by letter."

ECU or UCF anyone?

I applied to UCF as well and haven't heard anything about when decisions will be sent out yet or how they will be sent. However, I do know that last year they were sent around early to mid April for Summer and Fall sessions. Even for the Spring 2012 applicants, most didn't find out until late November and early December. I reallllly hope it's sooner this year, especially since I applied to begin in the Summer session. At least I live somewhat close by and moving wouldn't be much hassle if I happen to be accepted (UCF is my first choice btw)

Just received an email last Friday from UNC stating that an admission decision had been made. Accepted! I am ecstatic! Can't wait to start grad school.

Wow congrats!! Hopefully the first of many acceptances that'll be posted for this year :)

Just received an email last Friday from UNC stating that an admission decision had been made. Accepted! I am ecstatic! Can't wait to start grad school.

Decaf.... would that be UNC-Chapel Hill?

Edited by engrdad