Counselling Psychology 2023-2024 Apps (CANADA)

djungelskog

On 2/24/2024 at 5:39 AM, psyched123 said:

Does UBC offer all their acceptances together? 

Probably. Waitlisted candidates may hear back next week, and the rejection may be the week or a few weeks after. I applied in 2021 and received their rejection on March 24.

On 2/26/2024 at 4:43 AM, fjiang said:

Probably. Waitlisted candidates may hear back next week, and the rejection may be the week or a few weeks after. I applied in 2021 and received their rejection on March 24.

Everyone who has not heard back it is unfortunately a rejection. All offers have been sent! they will send out rejections in early march.

12 minutes ago, SHAs said:

Everyone who has not heard back it is unfortunately a rejection. All offers have been sent! they will send out rejections in early march.

Wow okay, that’s really unfortunate. How did you get to know that the offers are out though?

Just now, psyched123 said:

Wow okay, that’s really unfortunate. How did you get to know that the offers are out though?

I reached out to the department and this was the msg:

We have already informed successful MED applicants, and we will be sending out rejection later in early March.

6 hours ago, psyched123 said:

That's unfortunate. I guess if we don't hear back about the waitlist by the end of this week, it's a rejection for sure. This is the message I got last Thursday:

"We will inform successful applicants tomorrow, and we will inform the people on the waitlist later."

16 hours ago, Bellabug said:

If anybody is waiting to hear from Calgary for counselling psych, I got a rejection today on the applicant portal, I did not receive an email notification for it though. 

Just checked my portal and also saw I was rejected

On 2/28/2024 at 3:23 PM, Bellabug said:

If anybody is waiting to hear from Calgary for counselling psych, I got a rejection today on the applicant portal, I did not receive an email notification for it though. 

10 hours ago, vl5050 said:

Just checked my portal and also saw I was rejected

Mine still says application submitted. No change. This is so stressful. 

On 2/18/2024 at 9:17 AM, psyched123 said:

hey! Has anyone heard back from western or UBC yet?

when does western usually let us know if we’ve been selected for an interview?

I got my western interview invite around the 1st week of February. Interviews are taking place next week.

Just now, PsychQueen222 said:

I got my western interview invite around the 1st week of February. Interviews are taking place next week.

Omg? Wow I haven’t heard from them at all. Did you get an email with an interview invite?

8 minutes ago, psyched123 said:

Omg? Wow I haven’t heard from them at all. Did you get an email with an interview invite?

Yeah, they sent out a formal email invite on February 9th and they just sent out the zoom info this past week. I’m pretty sure they sent out all invites at the same time because it not an interview with a specific PI, but rather with some kind of committee with 3 faculty members. I think they’re holding all interviews over the span of 2-3 days?

Sorry to hear you haven’t heard back, it honestly sucks that grad schools are so bad at communicating updates. We pay so much money and have to exist as balls of anxiety for months on end, the least they can do is update the frickin application portal…

12 minutes ago, rexandmatcha said:

Anyone here get accepted into MEd Counselling Psychology at Uottawa? 

Still waiting to hear back…. I saw last year they seemed to have three « rounds » where they sent out batches of acceptances so fingers crossed to hear back soon 

On 2/27/2024 at 12:20 PM, SHAs said:

Is that for UBC?

1 hour ago, psyched123 said:

Anyone heard back from McMaster?? 

I know someone who has got their offer and accepted it. This was end of Feb, if you have had your interview maybe directly reach out to the department they will be able to tell you the outcome of the application.

Yes yes I’m aware of this. But I was wondering if anyones heard after that? I’ve just emailed the uni- let’s see. Kinda nervous cos I had my interview in the 2nd week of feb. But then there’s radio silence since 😕 

1 minute ago, SHAs said:

I know someone who has got their offer and accepted it. This was end of Feb, if you have had your interview maybe directly reach out to the department they will be able to tell you the outcome of the application.