MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I haven't received a confirmed time for printmedia yet, but painting is at 11:15am. I'm going to email printmedia again to let them know so my interviews don't conflict.

Congrats, Brooke. When are they doing the SAIC painting interviews? I'll probably see you on March 5th for printmedia. When is your interview? Mine is in the afternoon.

Thanks. No use in being a drag and killing any positive energy. I'll continue to work regularly regardless of any outcome.

I agree I dont think that they have made official rejections yet as they may have to reevaluate waitlist options after interviews, perhaps???????? but, still I am not hopeful, but I like your positive attitude and I think your work is incredible and I'm shocked you havent gotten an invite from them!!

thanks!! good luck to you as well... and i did a lot of research for schools that seem like a good fit for me, as opposed to just applying to the top ranked ones. it makes me really nervous that i won't get into any of them, and then i have to wait another whole year! ... i guess the good news is i probably saved a lot of money in application fees.

4 schools for me too. I'm a little worried- but pretty sure I found programs that were right for me- Here's to hoping I'm right for them... Good luck Amandapants!

I applied to Bu for painting and I am trying to remember why I talked myself out of Mass art or SMFA... I should have applied there, I feel so lame.

I've interviewed for Tyler's GAID program and received acceptance, but I haven't heard from anyone else who applied to there, so I'm not sure how they're structuring their process. I also know someone who has received an invitation to interview for MICA's GD program (maybe for this week or next...?) and I just interviewed there for Illustration Practice (also accepted)! That's all I've heard about from your list!

You can also check out the thread.

Best of luck and keep us posted!!

Yes this is my first acceptance, so yes I am thrilled to know that I have somehwere to go with funding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must admitt I'm still excited to see what happens with my other schools but it does take an enormous amount of preassure off of the rest of the process!

Hey congratulations! That is fantastic! and with funding!

Thanks! I will keep you posted as well! Interesting process and "structure" of the admissions process.

I've interviewed for Tyler's GAID program and received acceptance, but I haven't heard from anyone else who applied to there, so I'm not sure how they're structuring their process. I also know someone who has received an invitation to interview for MICA's GD program (maybe for this week or next...?) and I just interviewed there for Illustration Practice (also accepted)! That's all I've heard about from your list!

You can also check out the thread.

Best of luck and keep us posted!!

Edited by mfafingerscrossed

Got my rejection letter from SAIC but with acceptance into their Prior Degree BFA program.... has anyone heard about this/ been accepted into it??

Thanks everyone!

Hey, I think this is basically another undergraduate degree.

Got my rejection letter from SAIC but with acceptance into their Prior Degree BFA program.... has anyone heard about this/ been accepted into it??

Thanks everyone!

Is it their post-bac program? I've heard of SAIC accepting grad applicants into their post-bac programs.

I'm not sure about the prior degree BFA program unless they're just accepting you as an undergrad-but that seems a little odd to me.

Edited by Andi Bo Bandi

Did anyone have issue on your SAIC online thing? (mySAIC)

I've submitted all the materials but the status says I'm missing some stuff.

(even the portfolio hasn't been submitted it says, though i submitted the e-portfolio thing)

I've emailed the admission office but no reply whatsoever.

I just called the office and as soon as I said "regarding grad school application," they transferred my call to different extension,

apparently the person in charge is not there, and her voice mail was full so i couldn't even leave any message.

Apparently many of you already heard back from SAIC,

I was wondering if anyone was having same issue.

(I live in Chicago, so if they sent out the acceptance/rejection letter already, I should have received it already)

mySAIC says the same thing (my portfolio wasn't submitted). I asked about this a while ago and they said not to worry, they just didn't update it yet.

Did anyone have issue on your SAIC online thing? (mySAIC)

I've submitted all the materials but the status says I'm missing some stuff.

(even the portfolio hasn't been submitted it says, though i submitted the e-portfolio thing)

I've emailed the admission office but no reply whatsoever.

I just called the office and as soon as I said "regarding grad school application," they transferred my call to different extension,

apparently the person in charge is not there, and her voice mail was full so i couldn't even leave any message.

Apparently many of you already heard back from SAIC,

I was wondering if anyone was having same issue.

(I live in Chicago, so if they sent out the acceptance/rejection letter already, I should have received it already)