MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

I appled for printmaking to a few of those schools ( Tyler and Rutgers and UCLA for a different one) and I have yeat to hear a single word from any school. Have you heard anything either? I am so scared of not getting into Tyler, it is the one that would truely hurt if rejected. Do you know anything about Rutger and Tyler's acceptance rate for printmaking specifically?

Best of luck to ya! Hope to hear soon!

Ok so im freaking out!

is anyone applying to these schools for the printmaking program, and have you heard anything

UCLA

Cornell

COLUMBIA

RISD

TYLER

RUTGUR

thank you

Also applied to Rutgers and Cornell and haven't heard anything. Wouldn't freak out quite yet. I think Rutgers has a later timeline from what I've seen from previous years.

I appled for printmaking to a few of those schools ( Tyler and Rutgers and UCLA for a different one) and I have yeat to hear a single word from any school. Have you heard anything either? I am so scared of not getting into Tyler, it is the one that would truely hurt if rejected. Do you know anything about Rutger and Tyler's acceptance rate for printmaking specifically?

no i havent heard anything either.

my top choice is cornell, and tyler.

i have already been rejected from yale. but im ok with that cuz its mainly for painters.

but ive been reading that lots of ppl have gotten an acceptance phone call from UCLA.

but im not sure about RISD =/

ME TOO!!!

I applied to Otis and just checked my application and it says the same thing. Does that mean we got accepted?

Is anyone applying to OTIS? I just checked my online application summary and it says "Decision Made" and "Administrative Accept" -- but I'm not sure if that means that they have accepted me on one level and now waiting for the MFA program? Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I want it to mean that :), but I'm not sure. I guess I will call on Tuesday (if they are closed for Presidents Day). I wish there was more of an explanation. Did you apply anywhere else? And do you like Otis?

Thanks and best of luck!

ME TOO!!!

I applied to Otis and just checked my application and it says the same thing. Does that mean we got accepted?

Maybe this is an odd question, but do interviewers ever ask you where else you've applied?

I've collected/created 40 may-be-asked-questions at admission interview and trying to prepare for the answers, and this just crossed my mind.

I don't know if they ever ask candidates where else they've applied,

but if they ever did, what would be the best answer?

Do you think we can be honest about it?

I've been asked and gave an honest answer.

Maybe this is an odd question, but do interviewers ever ask you where else you've applied?

I've collected/created 40 may-be-asked-questions at admission interview and trying to prepare for the answers, and this just crossed my mind.

May I ask what questions you have come up with? I haven't gotten an interview yet, but I'm really hoping I will, and if/when that happens I was thinking I would try to do the same kind of thing of making a list...Of questions about my work, art historical references, etc., but also even just of questions that are kind of trivial but still find me stumbling to answer them (broad questions like...what do u do in your free time besides paint? i was asked that one last year, and I had a hard time with it because, I mean, where to start? :blink: I'm not exactly the best at thinking on-the-spot, especially when i'm nerrrvous)

Just curious about which ones you've come up with.

ahhh i'm freaking out

so far:

rejected: yale, wustl, u of wisconsin at madison

interview: purchase

waiting to hear from: iu, u. of calif. at irvine, columbia, hunter, buffalo, u. of arizona, u. of washington at seattle, upenn, penn state, vcu

i'm an international student too, so does that make a difference in hearing back??

i mean, i do live in the u.s.

i've read that people have heard back from upenn, but upenn emailed me

two weeks ago, saying that decisions will be posted online on march 14th.

and that i should fill out an international financial aid blah blah something or other.

so no interview process at all for me.

i'm confused!!

AHHHH. I JUST WANT TO GO TO GRAD SCHOOL.

congrats ECM!

thanks! very excited. anyone heard anything else from SAIC? last i check they were mailing more letters last week. i was really hoping to hear from them soon. :unsure:

For those with a Purchase interview on the 9th, are you planning on bringing any work? The email said we could, if we wanted, but no space to hang it...I'm undecided. I emailed the coordinator and she said that most people don't, but it's up to us.

I've been asked and gave an honest answer.

Oh you've been asked.

I mean they should know we apply more than one school,

but I dont want them to think I have back-ups or anything (want them to think they are my 1st choice), so was just wondering...

May I ask what questions you have come up with? I haven't gotten an interview yet, but I'm really hoping I will, and if/when that happens I was thinking I would try to do the same kind of thing of making a list...Of questions about my work, art historical references, etc., but also even just of questions that are kind of trivial but still find me stumbling to answer them (broad questions like...what do u do in your free time besides paint? i was asked that one last year, and I had a hard time with it because, I mean, where to start? :blink: I'm not exactly the best at thinking on-the-spot, especially when i'm nerrrvous)

Just curious about which ones you've come up with.

I got most of the question from the forum here (I forgot who posted them for us), so I'd be repeating same thing.

But here are the questions I gathered. Some of the questions are specifically related to my practice.

Why do you want to go to Slade?

Why do you want to go to grad school? Why now?

How do you think your work will change if you move to thislocation?

What resources of this program will be the biggest benefitto your development as an artist?

What are your influences?

If your workwas not about this, what would it be?

What for you constitutes a good work of art?

What draws you to a piece of work?

What motivates your work?

Who are your main influence? (make sure to name some of thedead artists from long ago, title of the work, quotes that artist has made,etc.)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

How does your work fit in with the contemporary art world/scene?

How do you fit into contemporary world?

Or describe your work in the context of contemporary artmovements?

What do you think is a good critique of your work/badcritique?

Why/how did you choose the people who wrote letters for you?

How will you contribute to this program?

What do you do for fun?

What artists who are no longer living influence you?

What book are you reading right now? What do you think aboutit? (It helps to remember specific quotes that you find meaningful.)

What are you working on right now?

Please explainthis work (xxxx03.jpg)

What have you seen that you can’t stand?

What is your favorite piece of art? Why? (Title, artist,year)

Have you done research about Slade, how much do you knowabout Slade’s teaching method?

Can you describe yourself, besides the fine art world, suchas personal habit, etc.

What is your work about?

What other aspects of culture influence your work besidesart/art history?

How do you see yourself taking advantage of Slade’s enviroment/program?

What exhibition have you been to last year?

What have you done since you’ve graduated?

What contemporary artists are you into, and why?

Tell us about the conceptual underpinnings of your work?

Talk about your process.

What are your indirect influences? (music, book, etc)

What do you think about Clement Greenberg’s essay onformalism?

How is your work related to Minimalism/ProcessArt/Formalism?

What made youinterested in the 1960s movements in particular?

Do you have anyquestion for us?

I feel ya!

i am an international student as well.

i got rejected from yale madison and saic

im still waiting for cornell ucla columbia risd tyler and rutgur.

i dont think it makes a diff that we are internationals. y would it?

ps i live in us too

ahhh i'm freaking out

so far:

rejected: yale, u. of washington at st. louis, u of wisconsin at madison

interview: purchase

waiting to hear from: iu, u. of calif. at irvine, columbia, hunter, buffalo, u. of arizona, u. of washington at seattle, upenn, penn state, vcu

i'm an international student too, so does that make a difference in hearing back??

i mean, i do live in the u.s.

i've read that people have heard back from upenn, but upenn emailed me

two weeks ago, saying that decisions will be posted online on march 14th.

and that i should fill out an international financial aid blah blah something or other.

so no interview process at all for me.

i'm confused!!

AHHHH. I JUST WANT TO GO TO GRAD SCHOOL.

I would think that they would think saying you've only applied to one school would be a blatant lie....my opinion. If they ask address it as briefly as possible.

Oh you've been asked.

I mean they should know we apply more than one school,

but I dont want them to think I have back-ups or anything (want them to think they are my 1st choice), so was just wondering...

Edited by HopeDreamPaint

My mentor told me to know any variation of this question inside and out and be prepared to elaborate in depth:

Nice set!

I got most of the question from the forum here (I forgot who posted them for us), so I'd be repeating same thing.

But here are the questions I gathered. Some of the questions are specifically related to my practice.

Why do you want to go to Slade?

Why do you want to go to grad school? Why now?

How do you think your work will change if you move to thislocation?

What resources of this program will be the biggest benefitto your development as an artist?

What are your influences?

If your workwas not about this, what would it be?

What for you constitutes a good work of art?

What draws you to a piece of work?

What motivates your work?

Who are your main influence? (make sure to name some of thedead artists from long ago, title of the work, quotes that artist has made,etc.)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

How do you fit into contemporary world?

Or describe your work in the context of contemporary artmovements?

What do you think is a good critique of your work/badcritique?

Why/how did you choose the people who wrote letters for you?

How will you contribute to this program?

What do you do for fun?

What artists who are no longer living influence you?

What book are you reading right now? What do you think aboutit? (It helps to remember specific quotes that you find meaningful.)

What are you working on right now?

Please explainthis work (xxxx03.jpg)

What have you seen that you can’t stand?

What is your favorite piece of art? Why? (Title, artist,year)

Have you done research about Slade, how much do you knowabout Slade’s teaching method?

Can you describe yourself, besides the fine art world, suchas personal habit, etc.

What is your work about?

What other aspects of culture influence your work besidesart/art history?

How do you see yourself taking advantage of Slade’s enviroment/program?

What exhibition have you been to last year?

What have you done since you’ve graduated?

What contemporary artists are you into, and why?

Tell us about the conceptual underpinnings of your work?

Talk about your process.

What are your indirect influences? (music, book, etc)

What do you think about Clement Greenberg’s essay onformalism?

How is your work related to Minimalism/ProcessArt/Formalism?

What made youinterested in the 1960s movements in particular?

Do you have anyquestion for us?

Ah man.. I'm totally bummed now. They would have emailed all of their accepted students roughly at the same time, especially since we are the same discipline. huh.gif

They emailed me directly today and said they'd be sending a snail mail later on. I was expecting interviews and such, nothing. Hopefully you'll hear back soon!

I would think that they would think saying you've only applied to one school would be a blatant lie....my opinion. If they ask address it as briefly as possible.

true true...maybe i should just say few of the schools i've applied. thanks for your opinion :)