MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

No artists wears a suit on a normal occasion, I think its perfectly acceptable tot be clean, ironed, and without paint/etc. on you. They dont expect us to dress up too much I wouldnt imagine.

I am so glad someone brought this up. The SMFA interview on Saturday's an all day thing. My grown up shoes hurt my feet if I wear them that long, so would sneaks be acceptable, do you think?

My first impulse was to on a sport coat over my ironic t-shirt, but I want them looking me in the face instead the the chest*, so I'm going with a blank t-shirt and hipster glasses.

So look around for me, I'm the tall dude in the grey sport coat, blue t-shirt, hipster glasses, and look on my face like I'm worried that any minute they'll figure out I don't belong there and kick me out.

*girls do not have this option

I am so glad someone brought this up. The SMFA interview on Saturday's an all day thing. My grown up shoes hurt my feet if I wear them that long, so would sneaks be acceptable, do you think?

I have been following this forum since last night, I share everybody's pain/anxiety. I got a weird interview from the MFA in Graphic Design at CCA, it was supposed to be to check up on my english skills (I am not a english native speaker), but nothing else aside from that. I emailed them today and it seems like they haven't sent any acceptance letters yet. Anybody else that has been interviewed about their english skills?

I applied to 6 schools for the MFA in Graphic Design and CCA is the only one that did that.

I know this is WAY off topic but I figure you guys mught have some good advice. I need a new laptop, mine is shot. I am thinking I want t a Mac butI will have to buy used/refurbished. I can only spend at most 550, so I'm pretty limited. any advice on whereI could get a good deal, or an other options on PC brands that are good for around that price or less if possible... please help if anyone has any insight ot offer

I know this is WAY off topic but I figure you guys mught have some good advice. I need a new laptop, mine is shot. I am thinking I want t a Mac butI will have to buy used/refurbished. I can only spend at most 550, so I'm pretty limited. any advice on whereI could get a good deal, or an other options on PC brands that are good for around that price or less if possible... please help if anyone has any insight ot offer

I have one of these: http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-m11x/pd?refid=alienware-m11x&cs=19&s=dhs&~ck=mn

Granted my fiance chose all the specs and I admit I'm not sure exactly what's in mine, but it's by far the best laptop I've ever had. I can run photoshop, premiere etc on it for hours, very fast... never overheats... very portable. :)

Not unless you are Jeff Koons. Then you wear a suit.

No artists wears a suit on a normal occasion, I think its perfectly acceptable tot be clean, ironed, and without paint/etc. on you. They dont expect us to dress up too much I wouldnt imagine.

oh I thought it went really well.. they asked me about my personal life and my travels and then the standard questions they asked everyone else like why grad school, why Penn and why now. they also asked who I would like to see as a visiting artist. It wasnt terribly long but I really enjoyed talking with them and I really like that program so I am hopeful. I spoke with Terry adkins, who is a big part of why I was initially attracted to the school, and Matt freedman, whom I l;iked very much. they were both very relaxed and easy to talk with. Did you interview there also?

@Wannaknow

How was your interview with penn?

OMG! I JUST CHECKED MY RUTGERS STATUS AND I HOPE IT ISN'T WRONG. It finally had something besides "No decision."

itsaysigotin.

One of my last two hopes.

Summary of today: woke up to UCSD rejection, came home to UC Berkeley rejection, checked online for my first acceptance.

Congrats!!! Rutgers is a great school. I just checked my status after I read this, and mine still says no decision.

OMG! I JUST CHECKED MY RUTGERS STATUS AND I HOPE IT ISN'T WRONG. It finally had something besides "No decision."

itsaysigotin.

One of my last two hopes.

Summary of today: woke up to UCSD rejection, came home to UC Berkeley rejection, checked online for my first acceptance.

I almost just had a heart attack. I was looking on the u. delaware art website, and checked out the admissions procedures/ requirements to see if I could see my status somewhere. I saw something about an ADDITIONAL essay, when I only wrote one....thank god I had been looking at the undergrad admissions, so I'm alright. That was a big scare.