MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

Score board:

CCA - Accepted, TA (1st year only), but found out today no funding :( ouch!

SFAI - Accepted, waiting on funding outcome

SAIC - Interviewed 3/5, waiting

I feel a bit flat from my news today about CCA as this was the favoured choice. AAHHHHHH!!

Score board:

CCA - Accepted, TA (1st year only), but found out today no funding :( ouch!

SFAI - Accepted, waiting on funding outcome

SAIC - Interviewed 3/5, waiting

I feel a bit flat from my news today about CCA as this was the favoured choice. AAHHHHHH!!

How did you (already) hear about the CCA TA deal? I got an email today just saying I was accepted and that I'd get more info in the mail regarding funding.

accepted for rit photo - with scholarship and assistantship - dont know if that is a tuition waiver though............

waitlisted U of arizona photo

waitlisted Cornell mfa

How did you hear you were waitlisted for Cornell? I haven't heard a peep from them. Were you already interviewed?

How did you hear you were waitlisted for Cornell? I haven't heard a peep from them. Were you already interviewed?

I'm too far away to interview and not a painter/sculptor/intermedia etc - so they emailed the waitlist notification, someone else here has an interview.

rit funding is pretty poor, no tuition waiver - scad gave me a complete tuition waiver last year and i still couldnt do it, so i'm not too sure about rit.

You heard back from UCLA New Genres?

I've only heard back from a couple schools. Still waiting to hear back from RISD, UCLA, USC, Parsons, and Columbia. I know RISD and Columbia can't beat that package...and I'm fairly certain the rest can't either since UCLA said that I'd get a full ride, but no TAships my first year and multiple people at RISD said that funding wasn't their strong point, I don't know what Parsons funding looks like but if I had the choice, I'd still take UCSB. I've been rejected by UCD, UCSD, and Yale. I guess it really doesn't matter where I get in now since I'm lined up for UCSB.

How did you (already) hear about the CCA TA deal? I got an email today just saying I was accepted and that I'd get more info in the mail regarding funding.

Hi Cobalt, was offered the TA by the Chair of my department via email.

I hope you snag some funding - good luck ! :)

Hi Cobalt, was offered the TA by the Chair of my department via email.

I hope you snag some funding - good luck ! :)

Thanks, Jinnee Spell! Keeping my fingers crossed that I can afford something!

Good luck to you too! And, Congratulations!!!

Edited by Cobalt

I'm too far away to interview and not a painter/sculptor/intermedia etc - so they emailed the waitlist notification, someone else here has an interview.

rit funding is pretty poor, no tuition waiver - scad gave me a complete tuition waiver last year and i still couldnt do it, so i'm not too sure about rit.

Well, congratulations on both! Waiting is hard though! ugh! and the funding even harder to figure out and make work! Good luck!

Thanks, Jinnee Spell! Keeping my fingers crossed that I can afford something!

Good luck to you too! And, Congratulations!!!

Yup, fingers, toes and everything else crossed to be able to afford to go - it'd be a shame to get this far and have to bow out.

Congrats to you and maybe we'll cross paths in California if we make it :)

Yeah.. I talked to CCA this morning about funding, etc... and they said to wait for a packet in the mail that will give you info if you received anything, as far as merit based funding.. and then following that we should receive funding info for "need based" scholarships and loans.

Edited by designr

Wow! Amazing package, I'm envious! What does it mean that you are getting a 27k$ fellowship? They give you $27k?

I committed to UCSB couple days ago, I'm 100% positive that no one can even come close to the package they offered (tuition, fees, health + $27K fellowship). On top of that the faculty is stellar and the location can't be beat...I'll take sand over snow any day of the week.

That really is quite something. Good for you! Has anyone heard of any other programs giving that much? I haven't...

Ya, throughout the year...its called the regents central fellowship or something like that

Dude, where is my junk mailbox? I don;t think i have one. Would i have one if my email is on gmail? Feeling a little techno stupid...

Also, does anyone know if pratt interviews ALL their candidates? That was pretty much the only other possibility left for me, but maybe not anymore...For some reason I thought Pratt didnt interview

Aghh, you're freakin' me out man. I just searched my junk mailbox.. nothing. Did the interview request come today? And congratulations!

To those considering Cranbrook, please be aware of the situation in Michigan. Here is a pretty clear run down. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=AUpO1QFMDtM

Things are not swell.

Hey! Thanks for sharing the clip- I am actually visiting Cranbrook the weekend.

Although this is really outrageous, I will say that the shit is hitting the fan in pretty much every state, Wisconsin as well...didn't Rhode Island just fire a bunch of teachers??...state governments are broke...I'm not sure is it a reason to choose to not study at a particular school, especially one that has such a great reputation. Still, food for thought for sure.

I was just really amped up after seeing that clip that morning, being from Detroit. It just put a lot of things in perspective, and into a digestable package. Cranbrook is a beautiful school and campus. I am friends, exhibit, and critique with a lot of prior Cranbrook grads that have stuck around the hood and they are great artists and great people. FYI, Cranbrook is way out in the burbs, in an affluent area. Most of the students there never even venture into the city.

Hey! Thanks for sharing the clip- I am actually visiting Cranbrook the weekend.

Although this is really outrageous, I will say that the shit is hitting the fan in pretty much every state, Wisconsin as well...didn't Rhode Island just fire a bunch of teachers??...state governments are broke...I'm not sure is it a reason to choose to not study at a particular school, especially one that has such a great reputation. Still, food for thought for sure.

unfotunately the issues with funding and budget cuts are quite serious in almost every state and it will, for many schools, diminish the amount of money they have availible to students, facilities and faculty. I do think it is something to consider when choosing a school... how deep are the cuts and how with that impact your ability to work with quality faculty and recieve TA positions. The more monetary allocation a school recieves the better... typically reputation and prestige help to protect some of the funds, but in this economy I can imagine everyone will be hit! Private schools may see less of am impact but also tuition may increase??????? It would be our luck that the time we are ready for grad school is the time that schools are in trouble...... UUUGGGHHHHHH

Dude, where is my junk mailbox? I don;t think i have one. Would i have one if my email is on gmail? Feeling a little techno stupid...

Also, does anyone know if pratt interviews ALL their candidates? That was pretty much the only other possibility left for me, but maybe not anymore...For some reason I thought Pratt didnt interview

On GMail, junkmail is called "spam."

Congrats Kimpusity!

what discipline did you apply for at SAIC?

all the best!

Last update: I've just received a phone call from CMU offering me a position in their MFA program. What do you guys think about CMU?

Good luck to all!