MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

hey

i got a call about acceptance on the 8th and received the official letter with funding info on the 21st

hope this helps

hello everyone!

has anyone accepted to RISD received an official letter via mail with funding information, or who has been accepted to SAIC received their award letter? they were supposed to come in weeks ago, but nothing. perhaps they're behind. thanks!

how did you find out??

Thanks! got into SVA's MFA Fine Arts program. also I should add I got a merit scholarship to SMFA so that will help with the cost factor for tuition. but neither New York or Boston are cheap cities to live in.

um YES

got into SAIC with a 50% tuition trustee scholarship. printmedia department. i was so not expecting to get in anywhere. should i do it? is 40 grand worth an MFA at SAIC?? in this economy??

Found out I am waitlisted at SVA (MFA Fine Arts) and accepted to Art Center College of Design. Anyone have any thoughts about Art Center or think I have a chance of getting into SVA?

I was also accepted to Otis College and I really like that school.

Thanks!

Were you notified of funding at the same time as notification of admission? I received my admission to printmedia on Monday, but have been on vacation ever since so I don't know what to expect in the mail when I get home

got into SAIC with a 50% tuition trustee scholarship. printmedia department. i was so not expecting to get in anywhere. should i do it? is 40 grand worth an MFA at SAIC?? in this economy??

Were you notified of funding at the same time as notification of admission? I received my admission to printmedia on Monday, but have been on vacation ever since so I don't know what to expect in the mail when I get home

Funding and admission notice for me came together.

Hi! Congratulations on your acceptances! How long after your interview did you get your acceptance phone call from MassArt? I had a phone interview with them 2 days ago (not sure how it went? phone interviews are hard to judge) They told me I'd hear in the next couple of weeks. Aaaahhh! Waiting is the hardest part!

Just got accepted into RIT!!

With Merit-based scholarship!! - snailmail

---------------------------------------------

SMFA - accepted via e-mail (merit-based scholarship)

MassArt- accepted snailmail/phone call

ICP- accepted (waiting for funding info)

SVA - accepted (GSAL student)

RIT - accepted (merit-based scholarship)

RISD- wait list

PARSONS- wait list

YALE- rejected

COLUMBIA- waiting

NYU- interview last week (waiting)

I feel for you. My future doesn't look much brighter. Are you even going to try for 2012?

Yay, rejected from SVA today via snail mail...I was waiting for it. One more rejection letter to go and I'm done with this.

At the moment I can't even imagine going through this all again, but deep down I know I will try for 2012. I know I really want this, it's just so discouraging at the moment. I'm sorry you have a bleak outlook for your future, as well. Have you been accepted to any schools? I hope so. Good luck!!!

I feel for you. My future doesn't look much brighter. Are you even going to try for 2012?

Hi, thanks!

I got an email & phone call a week and a half after my interview. Are you applying to the Photo program? Good luck!!

Hi! Congratulations on your acceptances! How long after your interview did you get your acceptance phone call from MassArt? I had a phone interview with them 2 days ago (not sure how it went? phone interviews are hard to judge) They told me I'd hear in the next couple of weeks. Aaaahhh! Waiting is the hardest part!

Congratulations, this is a good result. You should count yourself as extremely fortunate to have been offered this scholarship, particularly at one of the top schools. If you have been following this forum, you'd know that many many applicants have received little or no offers of funding support, so I'd say looking down at 40K debt is better than 80K if you're really serious about doing your MFA.

I got offered a graduate assistantship for MFA sculpture. It covers tuition and comes with a stipend. I received notice via e-mail March 16th, and a paper copy came in the mail a few days later. Have you heard if you've been accepted yet? I know two other painting MFA applicants and they've heard nothing so far. Good luck!

PAFA- accepted

University of Washington (Seattle)- rejected

CSU- accepted

Temple- rejected

Indiana University- accepted

Has anyone been offered first year funding from Indiana University - Bloomington?

Has anyone heard back from Columbia University's MFA in Visual Studies?

I havent heard from Columbia's MFA either.

It's really frustrating when you get all the results from all the other schools except Columbia