MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

if you guys go to the 'submit' page (the last slideroom page) there's usually something on the right hand side about 'review'. that's where my carnegie mellon status said 'eliminated 2011' and 'deadline 2/18' which i think means that that's when they entered the decision.

i just checked mine too, it doesnt say anything

=/

Still just the "deadline" date. My Tyler Slideroom page says "2/25/11", but I did not receive any emails about being shortlisted or whatever, nor a rejection letter yet. Basically, I think all of these programs are joined together in an attempt to kill me. blink.gif

if you guys go to the 'submit' page (the last slideroom page) there's usually something on the right hand side about 'review'. that's where my carnegie mellon status said 'eliminated 2011' and 'deadline 2/18' which i think means that that's when they entered the decision.

I am starting to believe rejection is a rite of passage.

Still just the "deadline" date. My Tyler Slideroom page says "2/25/11", but I did not receive any emails about being shortlisted or whatever, nor a rejection letter yet. Basically, I think all of these programs are joined together in an attempt to kill me. blink.gif

oh my god i just checked my slidroom like 10 times to make sure i didnt miss anything.

so mine doesnt say anything. just the date i submitted my photos.

this is killing us!

It says on the first page.. i guess it s called dashboard or something... i forgot.. there are little icons on the top right and one icon looks like main page or something..

I submitted my portfolio via SlideRoom for SAIC and Columbia.

and I logged in via [saic.slideroom.com]

my first page looked something like this:

previously submitted:

organization-------------------------------------------------program

school of art institute of chicago-----------------------mfa painting/drawing fall 2011----------------------[view]

columbia university school of the arts----------------2011 painting RJs--------------------------------------[view]

RJ stands for rejection rejected rejects or something like that???

this is so stressful...

:-(

where do you see that? Mine just says "Deadline 2/22/11"

weird...

REJECTED from Tyler today!! :-(

BUT the good news is....ACCEPTED to PAFA!!!!!! Can't believe it!! Too bad they only offered me $8,000 scholarship money :-/ Yikes I don't wanna take out a $40,000 loan.

I am so happy for you!!! have been silently rooting for you b/c I can tell you want this so so so so so so badly! good for you!!!!

REJECTED from Tyler today!! :-(

BUT the good news is....ACCEPTED to PAFA!!!!!! Can't believe it!! Too bad they only offered me $8,000 scholarship money :-/ Yikes I don't wanna take out a $40,000 loan.

Thanks!! Now that I am in somewhere it feels good, but at the same time I wanna puke because I'm like holy sh** I have to move away from Virginia!! and I'm scared!!!!! LOL. I live at home with my mom and dad and I'll miss them...goodness I am such a child. And how do I afford this?! gaah! But congrats to u to, on having an acceptance. I'm disappointed about Tyler, but the acceptance makes the disappointment wash away a bit.

I am so happy for you!!! have been silently rooting for you b/c I can tell you want this so so so so so so badly! good for you!!!!

Congrats on PAFA! Philly is a very manageable city. I bet you'll really like it here.

Thanks!! Now that I am in somewhere it feels good, but at the same time I wanna puke because I'm like holy sh** I have to move away from Virginia!! and I'm scared!!!!! LOL. I live at home with my mom and dad and I'll miss them...goodness I am such a child. And how do I afford this?! gaah! But congrats to u to, on having an acceptance. I'm disappointed about Tyler, but the acceptance makes the disappointment wash away a bit.

You went to JMU?! What year did u graduate? I came in 06 I wonder if we knew each other. One of my professors said he was writing recommendations for someone who had graduated a few years back, I wonder if that was you.

Congratulations, Scolby!!! And I'm sorry to hear about Tyler (same news here). By the way, I went to JMU, too, but graduated a few years ago. :)

I applied to CCA, but mine doesn't say that.

It just has the program I applied to, submitted date and deadline date...Not sure if that helps?

Another SLIDEROOM Status Question:

On the REVIEW page, under CCA did anyone see "MFA CHOICES" ?

I am not sure what this means. I don't know if it was there when I submitted my application or not.

Yea kinda... I mean, I don't wanna jump to conclusions! and end up disappointed. My other programs say other odd things... but nothing simply says accepted or rejected.

Have you been accessing their webadvisor system? (for CCA)

I applied to CCA, but mine doesn't say that.

It just has the program I applied to, submitted date and deadline date...Not sure if that helps?

Hahah yes, it was Cole who told me that he was writing them for another person...that's so funny. I was there at JMU last semester. I guess back in 07 I was taking classes like drawing 2 instead of painting, but regardless, thats funny we were there in the studio building at the same time!

I graduated in 2007, we might have crossed paths! If it was Cole, then it was probably me. :P Though it could have been Ken or Susan, too, I guess!

Hahah yes, it was Cole who told me that he was writing them for another person...that's so funny. I was there at JMU last semester. I guess back in 07 I was taking classes like drawing 2 instead of painting, but regardless, thats funny we were there in the studio building at the same time!

Yep! :) Congratulations again on your acceptance! I'm sure Cole will be proud!