MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

HOOK!

dude, my lil bro and i were OBSESSED with that movie when it came out! we watched it over and over and over and over....

:P

Here I am if I get accepted to the rest of the programs I'm waiting on.....

The old man is me, Robin Williams is the school(s), the marbles are my acceptance letter(s).

Have your checked your slideroom? Under "program' on the 'dashboard' page, mine said "2011 Eliminated"

If yours doesn't say that, you might still be in the running!!

L333makes, so u checked the slideroom status and make sure u were rejected by CMU!? I applied CMU, but got nothing yet.

I got the the computer this morning and I was SO HAPPY after reading all the funny post!! That did the most to illeviate the irritation for not hearing from any schools this week! Thanks for all of that and I ditto RUFIO, RUFIO, RUFFFFFIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOO! I had the biggest crush on him when that came out. I HOPE we hear something today tomorrow, SSSSSSSOOOOOOOONNNNN!! I think I have reached the point of complete and toal obession with this whole thing.

Have your checked your slideroom? Under "program' on the 'dashboard' page, mine said "2011 Eliminated"

If yours doesn't say that, you might still be in the running!!

Hi, I just want to tell that I applied for both CMU and Columbia, and I saw both "2011 Eliminated" and "2011 Painting RJs" so far,

but since yesterday, those statues have changed to"2011 Applicants"(CMU) and "2011 Painting"(Columbia). Weird :huh:

Hey,

Yeah, I saw that too, and emailed the coordinator at CMU to ask. Haven't heard back, but assume that maybe they figured out that we can see, or they're starting to process letters now and no longer need that designator to help them 'sort' things in slideroom...my hopes are not high, but I'll let you know what I hear back from CMU.

Hi, I just want to tell that I applied for both CMU and Columbia, and I saw both "2011 Eliminated" and "2011 Painting RJs" so far,

but since yesterday, those statues have changed to"2011 Applicants"(CMU) and "2011 Painting"(Columbia). Weird :huh:

I second that emotion. I need to find something better to do than sit on my computer all day. I want to paint, but I can't concentrate.

agreed. i've got a show coming up in a week and this knot in my stomach is keeping me from doing the work i need to do.

agreed. i've got a show coming up in a week and this knot in my stomach is keeping me from doing the work i need to do.

lpayne23,

When did you hear from Concordia and how (mail versus e.mail)? Still waiting to hear from them myself...

Edited by hullo

Hi,

My status at Columbia slideroom also was "2011 Painting RJs". So yesterday morning I called the admissions office and asked. The guy was a bit surprised but went online and checked. He murmured smth like" Oh these admissions people.. " and confirmed that apparently it means rejection. Maybe we were not supposed to see it, and it's only for their internal use.

yeah, my columbia slideroom info switched back to "2011 Painting" from "2011 Painting Rj's"

maybe the schools are paying attention to us (on these forums). and i also agree with gucci mayne and we all should be making stuff instead of worrying eachother to death..

but then again these forums are so addictive !

I wouldn't be surprised if the slideroom phenomena we've discovered is really for internal use and perhaps they don't realize we can see or don't care that we can? Although none of my slideroom apps/statuses have changed....Also I asked my sisters friend if his admissions team reads any of the Grad forums and he said yes everyone knows about GradCafe....It definetly makes me want to be more careful on listing the schools I've applied to, even though nothing on here is negative...it just goes back to that subjective factor? One little thing or one small push in either direction. Or perhaps I've now reached a level of paranoia? hahaunsure.gif...This of course now means I'm a true artist.

Edited by HopeDreamPaint

It looks like they changed it: mine (and several other people's on the forum) said 'eliminated 2011' under 'program' when you log in. it now says '2011 applicant' or something like that...

Hi, How can you tell via slideroom if you have been rejected from Carnegie Mellon? I see more information before log in than afterwards. Any advice? Thanks!

Where are you seeing this status change thing in slideroom?

PS the forum causes me less anxiety because I kind of expect whether or not I am rejected. It made opening my two rejection letters much easier since I already kinda knew.

yeah, my columbia slideroom info switched back to "2011 Painting" from "2011 Painting Rj's"

maybe the schools are paying attention to us (on these forums). and i also agree with gucci mayne and we all should be making stuff instead of worrying eachother to death..

but then again these forums are so addictive !