MFA 2011 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

wannaknow

If you get into Bowling Green will you try and spend a year at SACI in Florence? I spent a year at SACI and it was AWESOME and since I was there in 06 the grad program there has really grown... plus Florence is one of the most beautiful cites in the world, and fun too. I was really thinking of applying got bowling green just b/c of its association with SACI, bc it was such a good experience. Well, good luck!!!!!

I woke up to a rejection from UCLA this morning. I'm really wondering if grad school will be the path I take in the near future or not.

I'm so happy to hear you had a good experience at SACI. I'm applying for the 1st year in Florence MFA program and I'm really hoping I get in. It seems there is no finer place to study art than the great city of Florence :P Thank you for sharing your experience! This makes my day a little brighter.

If you get into Bowling Green will you try and spend a year at SACI in Florence? I spent a year at SACI and it was AWESOME and since I was there in 06 the grad program there has really grown... plus Florence is one of the most beautiful cites in the world, and fun too. I was really thinking of applying got bowling green just b/c of its association with SACI, bc it was such a good experience. Well, good luck!!!!!

oh good thats greatI hope you get it!!! In fact I loved it so much that I want to move back to Florence permanently one day, and after my MFA I wan tot try and teach some at SACI!!!!! jealous of your choice to apply to that program!!!!!! GOOOD LUCK I hope you get in!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy to hear you had a good experience at SACI. I'm applying for the 1st year in Florence MFA program and I'm really hoping I get in. It seems there is no finer place to study art than the great city of Florence :P Thank you for sharing your experience! This makes my day a little brighter.

I got an email from Ellen Lupton, she said we will be getting notices in the mail soon tho, i was also told that they will be contacting people Friday and Monday, so it is possible that they will contact you on Monday. I went to Baltimore for my interview too, I loved their program, what day where you there?

thanks for the great info! it makes me feel a lot better to know that they will continue to notify people on monday! :) i went to interview on 3/4. it was a great experience! after my interview i was able to chat with some current grad students and also sightsee around baltimore a bit. the GD MFA space was also super impressive! i'm really anxious to hear back from them, it's my top choice. congrats again!

I ditto wannaknow: I also studied at SACI during undergrad, and also almost applied to BGSU just to spend a year at SACI.

I loved loved loved my experience in Florence and dream of going back. Good luck!

I want to be completely honest here. I don't think not getting in to UCLA should make you question grad school at all - in my opinion.

I live in Los Angeles and went several times to their open studios to look at the work. It didn't think it was good or interesting - except for one incredible painting student. I also thought the students were homogenous - similar ethnicity and age.

I woke up to a rejection from UCLA this morning. I'm really wondering if grad school will be the path I take in the near future or not.

Truth. I have a friend who is currently attending a grad school and got to see all of the applicant work Apparently I made it in the students' top 10 favorites, but I didn't even get an interview. I told her I didn't get in, and her response was something along the lines of "On the other end of this process, I really have no clue how the admissions decisions are made." The right fit will be found, and most of being a working artist is rejection so may as well get used to it now.

Not that I don't cry myself to sleep.

I want to be completely honest here. I don't think not getting in to UCLA should make you question grad school at all - in my opinion.

I live in Los Angeles and went several times to their open studios to look at the work. It didn't think it was good or interesting - except for one incredible painting student. I also thought the students were homogenous - similar ethnicity and age.

nothing to be embarrassed about, i am expecting my rejection from them any day now... sad.gif just part of the process. You have an acceptance and many people have to try several years before they get in... NO one gets accepted everywhere....

has everybody who applied to UCLA got a notice already?

MA Arts Administration

NYU

Accepted! 3/12 via snailmail to PA (letter dated 3/8), interviewed 3/2

Not sure if this helps anyone, Visual Arts Admin hasn't really come up here.

Other admissions results are in my signature...

has anyone ever blew the interview but have gotten in? i had an interview that just didn't go well. i was generalizing my answers. i rambled on and on. i asked an idiotic question. one of the interviewers was an artist i have seen give talks and whose show i am seeing in a couple of days (been eagerly waiting). i got star struck i think and terrified.

has anyone received any info about financial aid packages at SMFA yet? i've been accepted but have no clue whether or not i'm being considered for grants and scholarships.....

Nothing yet here. I talked to several other people on Thursday and nothing from them either.

@kimpusity

Via email?

I've just received a rejection letter from UCLA. New Media program.

Hope it helps.

Did anyone else apply to UCLA sculpture? Any word? I've not heard a peep and it seems all other departments have been in contact with applicants.

i have a question: what do you do if you are accepted by one program (U Mass Amherst) which has given you a deadline to accept in the next week...but are stil waiting for responses from 2 schools?

what would happen if i were to accept the first place, and then if i get into the other two schools and decided to go there instead, take BACK MY ACCEPTANCE??

i just don't want to be in a position where i jeopardize my acceptance because i'm waiting on two other schools who may not even accept me......

is anyone else in this position?

and U Mass has only told me there's a strong likelihood of giving me TAships for all 3 years, but cannot guarantee....what is that?? aren't they supposed to offer you some kind of guarantee/financial package when they give you an acceptance?

i have a question: what do you do if you are accepted by one program (U Mass Amherst) which has given you a deadline to accept in the next week...but are stil waiting for responses from 2 schools?

what would happen if i were to accept the first place, and then if i get into the other two schools and decided to go there instead, take BACK MY ACCEPTANCE??

i just don't want to be in a position where i jeopardize my acceptance because i'm waiting on two other schools who may not even accept me......

is anyone else in this position?

I feel like if I were you, I would accept...and yea I'm sure you can change your mind and take it back, but I would assume there is some kind of fee/ security deposit type of thing that could easily be like $500 that they won't refund you. I think that would be the worst case scenario. That really blows that they are making you decide so early