Fighting the urge

mookie03

Is anyone else here fighting the urge to e-mail the admissions office for updates?

Would it be totally awful to contact them for an update.

Even if it's bad news, I'd rather get it now than wait until April 15th (or later)!

I would not do that. It will not be totally awful but it won't be very good either. I mean, you can do it later, in March it will be fine, I guess, but now it is definetely too early.

Fight the urge! ;)

Edited by Strangefox

Yep. Waaaaaay too early for that. Once all your stuff has been received at the school then we really just have to wait. You don't want to irritate the admissions people at this time in the process. If later on in the process (say March) you see that other applicants have received decision and you have not, then you could ask.

I emailed the secretary to the DGS at one of my schools and politely asked for a rough idea of when they would be reviewing applications in that department. She sent a very nice email back and let me know the approximate timetable and wished me luck etc. It put my mind at ease (slightly!) and I don't think it came across as pestering. I think this is okay to do, as long as you keep it short, polite and non-pushy.

If you really can't sleep, how about sending an email asking if your application is complete? (As long as it is relatively close to the deadline). I did this a few weeks ago and got the unexpected response, "yes, and we are inviting you to interview." Perhaps the answer "yes" will be followed by "and the committee will be meeting next week, etc" Use your judgement, I guess.

Mo Jingly-

That is awesome you had such a positive feedback from them. Where are you interviewing.

I agree if it is close to the deadline and email like that could be appropriate. You don't want to come off as nosey and annoying. I would say hang tight for a couple more weeks, you can do it! You have made it this far through the process. Although your deadline was December or January, think about how long you have been preparing for this... see you have waited a long time, a couple more weeks wont kill you :)