Fall 2024 PhD Religion!

survivedyesterday

1 minute ago, PonderingPerson400 said:

Maybe it’s based on sub-discipline? I had an interview with Columbia and no email yet

Same here! What area of study are you? I’m religion gender and sexuality. 

28 minutes ago, PonderingPerson400 said:

Does anyone know when UChicago Divinity School decisions come out?

My interviewer simply told me it would take weeks (and this was 2/7) and last year I believe Chicago didn't release results like until March. 

9 hours ago, Joey-Jawad said:

My interviewer simply told me it would take weeks (and this was 2/7) and last year I believe Chicago didn't release results like until March. 

Can I ask what area of study you are in?

On 2/15/2024 at 12:10 AM, Hesed2023 said:

Thank you! I know that Princeton will announce in the end of this month. Nor sure about UVA and Harvard.

hey can i ask how you found out? does anybody know if princeton is going to admit people this year and whether they are done interviewing?

1 hour ago, texaabirddd said:

hey can i ask how you found out? does anybody know if princeton is going to admit people this year and whether they are done interviewing?

I emailed my potential supervisor and the professor told me that the decisions will come out in the end of the month and interview is not an essential part for admission.  

2 minutes ago, Hesed2023 said:

I emailed my potential supervisor and the professor told me that the decisions will come out in the end of the month and interview is not an essential part for admission.  

Ah good to know! thankss!!

On 2/14/2024 at 11:33 AM, shoop980 said:

it's a no from Yalé, and a yes from Emory and BU.  the information is sloooow to trickle in...

Congratulations! May I know your area at BU and what your current priority is? I got waitlisted at BU for Track 3 (Practical Theology)

5 hours ago, Fnu95 said:

Congratulations! May I know your area at BU and what your current priority is? I got waitlisted at BU for Track 3 (Practical Theology)

I'm also track 3. I'm still waiting on a few schools, and BU is probably not my top choice out of those. So there's a good chance my spot will open up. Good luck @Fnu95!

On 2/14/2024 at 11:33 AM, shoop980 said:

it's a no from Yalé, and a yes from Emory and BU.  the information is sloooow to trickle in...

Congratulations! Similar to the other poster asking about BU, may I ask what track you interviewed for at Emory and if you're an international student? (I've noticed Emory has a pattern of notifying International students before American students)

6 hours ago, round-x-thecharm said:

Congratulations! Similar to the other poster asking about BU, may I ask what track you interviewed for at Emory and if you're an international student? (I've noticed Emory has a pattern of notifying International students before American students)

Sure, I interviewed (in-person at the recruitment weekend) for PCRL. I'm not an international student. 

21 minutes ago, shoop980 said:

Sure, I interviewed (in-person at the recruitment weekend) for PCRL. I'm not an international student. 

Huh, Wednesday is a such a weird day to hear back from Emory based on past decision-posts on here. Starting to doubt GradCafe as a good predictor for decision announcement predicting lol. And it was an update in your portal, or did your POI contact you?

57 minutes ago, round-x-thecharm said:

Huh, Wednesday is a such a weird day to hear back from Emory based on past decision-posts on here. Starting to doubt GradCafe as a good predictor for decision announcement predicting lol. And it was an update in your portal, or did your POI contact you?

I actually heard back from them on the Tuesday, I just didn't post until Wednesday. A professor emailed me in the morning, and the portal was updated later that day. And yeah, these things are hard to predict.