MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

Hey 2nd year applying here. Actually figured out how to sign in to my account to let everyone know I got an email from Yale photo this morning basically saying not to freakout and that other disciplines were going to send out emails and decisions but photo would be done around the 13th. Sounds like they decided to do it department by department this year and NOT all at once. Hopefully this calms some nerves!

24 minutes ago, bunnie99 said:

How are you guys finding past interview/acceptance dates? I've been trying to look for a time frame for CU Boulder and UW Seattle, but I've been scrolling and scrolling in last years forum and cant seem to find anything. Is there a faster way I dont know about? 

I applied to UW Seattle and CU Boulder and haven't heard anything yet. 

Ceramics concentration. 

Refreshing. Refreshing. Refreshing. Refreshing. 

22 hours ago, Anxious Dreamer said:

Does anyone know if RISD sent out all the interviews? I saw someone got the email last week.

I applied for Photo but heard nothing yet. I guess it's a rejection.

Hey! I applied for RISD photo last year and photo took until the 16th of February to send out the first invites, it was like a month after some of the other disciplines. They do each department separately and photo took longer for everything. Waiting is the WORST but I definitely wouldn't take it as a rejection. 

3 hours ago, kjsdhl212 said:

What was the MassArt interview like? I have an upcoming one with them.

Pretty chill! They just asked a lot questions in a row, about what my goals were and why I wanted to go there. It was two people one from the 2D department and one from the 3D department. Good luck! 

6 minutes ago, chanu2v40 said:

I applied to UW Seattle and CU Boulder and haven't heard anything yet. 

Ceramics concentration. 

Refreshing. Refreshing. Refreshing. Refreshing. 

Haha, we're in this together then! Let me know if you hear anything 

2 hours ago, sweet dreams said:

I'm glad it went well, that way you don't have to worry as much haha, Mine is booked for a couple days from now (2D in painting) If you don't mind me asking, what kind of questions did they bring up?

Pretty chill! Took around 20 - 30 min. They just asked a lot questions in a row, about what my goals were for graduate school and why I wanted to go there. It was two people, one from the 2D department and one from the 3D department. Good luck! 

I think mine went well but this is actually my first interview so I have no idea... I have heard that getting invited to interview is usually a good sign. 

3 minutes ago, yesmaam said:

Where in the Yale application portal are people receiving emails? I don't see that in my user interface

also wondering this....my portal there doesn't even seem to be a place where it would say this...

19 minutes ago, greengrass said:

Hey! I applied for RISD photo last year and photo took until the 16th of February to send out the first invites, it was like a month after some of the other disciplines. They do each department separately and photo took longer for everything. Waiting is the WORST but I definitely wouldn't take it as a rejection. 

Thank u for the info!!! Almost lost my mind waiting for just a result of whether I am in or not. Fingers crossed for both of us.

2 minutes ago, hihihi123 said:

also wondering this....my portal there doesn't even seem to be a place where it would say this...

So if it's the same as last year it's not under application management (where it says like submitted under status) but when you actually click on "2024 MFA" there will be a paragraph near the top that says "There's a status update, View Update" and that will take you to a letter that will have an invite for an interview or a rejection letter. If you're not seeing any of this it means they haven't gotten to your account yet. You will get an email as soon as they change it though. I'm pretty sure last year invites were sent out like 20 minutes after rejections? Weird they're spaced out more this year. idk what they're doing.

28 minutes ago, greengrass said:

So if it's the same as last year it's not under application management (where it says like submitted under status) but when you actually click on "2024 MFA" there will be a paragraph near the top that says "There's a status update, View Update" and that will take you to a letter that will have an invite for an interview or a rejection letter. If you're not seeing any of this it means they haven't gotten to your account yet. You will get an email as soon as they change it though. I'm pretty sure last year invites were sent out like 20 minutes after rejections? Weird they're spaced out more this year. idk what they're doing.

I don't think I'll be able to wait anymore AGH!!!

41 minutes ago, yesmaam said:

Where in the Yale application portal are people receiving emails? I don't see that in my user interface

Someone says they received an email saying there is an update on the portal. And then they checked their portal and found the rejection decision. So they are separate. I also haven’t received any email (and no update on my portal), so I guess I just have to wait 

2 hours ago, HChcc said:

Has anyone heard back from Parsons D&T or NYU ITP? I see that people started interviewing for Parsons so I'm getting worried,,

I applied to both departments two years ago. I don't think ITP interviews anyone. They sent me my offer in early March and I did not hear anything from them until then.

DT interviews some of its applicants but not all (And if you are not invited for an interview, you can still get in) I personally did not get an interview. My observation is that they only invite those whom they are considering for high scholarship funding (75%+?) I am not at all sure if this is accurate & if this is still the case this year so don't quote me on this. They sent out decisions pretty late. I don't remember the exact date but it was the last decision I received that year and it was definitely after spring break.

Hope this helps.

3 hours ago, ohoh said:

I got that wording as well (from yale painting)--also curious if this is something everyone received

They rejected me in the final group of 20 last year and did NOT encourage me to re-apply, now I'm wondering if I just wasted an application fee on a school that was hoping I'd go away lol. I told myself not to log into this forum today too dammit. 

Edited by Gkrenz

20 minutes ago, looooneytoonie said:

Seeing a few rejections for Yale painting today, did anyone get offered an interview? I see someone did in sculpture. 
The wait continues! I feel like a lot of the decisions will be this week... we're in this together! Stay positive everyone! 

i think the only person offered an interview was sculpture. and there is 1 graphic design rejection and 2 painting/printmaking rejections in here. maybe this means there's a wave of painting/printmaking interview invites coming. i have a feeling we will not hear anything until tomorrow  

Edited by Gaara