MFA 2024 Freak Out Forum

CactusWren22

32 minutes ago, californiagirlll said:

Got an email earlier today inviting me for an interview. (painting and printmaking)

Nice, congratulations! Hope sculpture is just slower 

On 2/6/2024 at 2:24 PM, lilguy1998 said:

got an interview with pratt photo !!!! yayayayayayay! 

Did you do your interview yet ?? For Pratt. I am waiting for updates on Fine arts interview. ? What did they ask 

37 minutes ago, Copperpot said:

Just got an interview request from Pratt for integrated practices. 

I applied for  Pratt for integrated practices but did not get a email 

do they send them in bunches or individually  throughout the day 

should i consider this no interview 

ucsb just invited me to their campus for a finalist interview and to see their studios, tour facilities, meet other faculty and grad students. they said they could cover some, if not all, of my expenses and they also invited me to their graduate critique seminar the night before. trying not to get too excited because it's not an acceptance letter, but feels good 

3 hours ago, Craftjunkie said:

Received RISD furniture interview invite yesterday! So nervous any advice would be super appreciated! 

Honesty, you will get in! The best advice is to treat it like an artist talk; be yourself. Pose questions back and remember if they select you for an interview, it's because they see something special in you. 

Hi there! I've been a lurker on this forum for a while now and already drafted a post yesterday asking if people have gotten interview invites for RISD's Illustration MFA or not. I was super doubtful because I saw that two years ago people got invited even before February for this department... But fortunately, I just got an email back from them to have an interview next week!

Super nervous! I see that people already posted some tips (and I'm already taking note of all of them!) but if anyone has more pieces of advice, whether it is general questions that might be asked or your experience through it, that'll be so incredibly helpful! Thank you :)

Hey everyone, I've also been lurking for a while and decided to post. This is how my application process is going:

- UCLA / Sculpture (nothing)

- RISD / Sculpture (invited for an interview)

- Yale / Sculpture (invited for an interview)

- Hunter / Studio Art (nothing)

- Royal Academy of Arts, UK (Had an interview last week, thought it went well but you never know... I've heard so little about this school though it's one of my top choices, given it's a 3 year studio based, tuition free program and the work from previous graduates really blew my mind. Anybody here who applied as well? They said they'd inform the finalists in April, don't think I'll be able to survive the wait.)

- Staedelschule, Germany (nothing) 

If anybody has any advice or experience regarding interviews with RISD and/or Yale (Sculpture department) it'd be so helpful! Thank you and good luck everyone 🙂

31 minutes ago, Goody2choos said:

Received my acceptance for Tyler!!! 

Does anybody know if fellowship, scholarship, etc information comes out after or if I should've received it at once? 

Congratulations! It's going to come out after. I was told it'll be in the next week or two. 

Edited by btwnthetides

9 minutes ago, Gradboriss said:

I don't think it went too badly... My interview lasted 20 minutes, and the vibe was quite friendly.

How about yours?

Good! Same vibe, very friendly and I thought it went well! I really like the program but I don't want to get my hopes up.

2 hours ago, darkrat88 said:

Hey everyone, I've also been lurking for a while and decided to post. This is how my application process is going:

- UCLA / Sculpture (nothing)

- RISD / Sculpture (invited for an interview)

- Yale / Sculpture (invited for an interview)

- Hunter / Studio Art (nothing)

- Royal Academy of Arts, UK (Had an interview last week, thought it went well but you never know... I've heard so little about this school though it's one of my top choices, given it's a 3 year studio based, tuition free program and the work from previous graduates really blew my mind. Anybody here who applied as well? They said they'd inform the finalists in April, don't think I'll be able to survive the wait.)

- Staedelschule, Germany (nothing) 

If anybody has any advice or experience regarding interviews with RISD and/or Yale (Sculpture department) it'd be so helpful! Thank you and good luck everyone 🙂

congrats, is this your frist year applying to yale? I also got a interview