Fall 2024 Sociology Applications

mikayah02

3 hours ago, ayitao said:

One Berkeley acceptance on GradCafe with GRE scores being 143 and 157. I know they aren't asking for GRE any more but could this be fake?

Only time will tell! Rejections from Berkeley have tended to come no later than a few days after acceptances in previous years.

So, if we were not accepted by Berkeley yesterday, should we consider it a rejection? It seems they reject a few days later based on previous years.

Does anyone know how their acceptance process rolls out/looks like?

21 hours ago, ayitao said:

One Berkeley acceptance on GradCafe with GRE scores being 143 and 157. I know they aren't asking for GRE any more but could this be fake?

Probably real, they commented that they're an undergrad there - might have had extremely strong recommenders/application otherwise (speaking from what I have generally seen with GRE scores)

9 hours ago, mediokra said:

So, if we were not accepted by Berkeley yesterday, should we consider it a rejection? It seems they reject a few days later based on previous years.

Does anyone know how their acceptance process rolls out/looks like?

previous years are looking like that esp with the small accepted cohort size, might be a bit diff this year but unsure. I'm gonna take it as a rejection tbh, but who knows, maybe they'll surprise me for valentine's day! lol

I haven't received any rejection from yale and I wasn't interviewed. Why is that happened? They didn't look at my application?

On 2/11/2024 at 9:59 AM, Marypmn said:

I haven't received any rejection from yale and I wasn't interviewed. Why is that happened? They didn't look at my application?

I've already asked the coordinator of the program and they told me it would take longer if we chose a combined program. So keep refreshing :))))

19 hours ago, bigafrodacademic said:

just got rejections from Berkeley and Penn 💔 I was browsing through past results and it looks like we might be getting a lot of decisions this week

Ahh I'm sorry to hear that! 

I also got a rejection from Berkeley, it's a tough programme to get into and I know we're more than qualified!

Currently still waiting to see decisions from UW and BU - expecting BU acceptances this week so fingers crossed.

14 hours ago, CrockPotKin said:

Ahh I'm sorry to hear that! 

I also got a rejection from Berkeley, it's a tough programme to get into and I know we're more than qualified!

Currently still waiting to see decisions from UW and BU - expecting BU acceptances this week so fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for you w/ BU, and for both of us w/ UW!

4 hours ago, CrockPotKin said:

Well - rejection from BU and waitlist from UW!

I've officially heard back from all programs now so just hoping that I can get off the waitlist for UW. Best of luck to everyone and maybe see you around next year!

Good luck on the waitlist - fingers crossed for you! Haven't heard anything from them so I'll take it as a rejection ☹️ 

20 hours ago, 1qaz2wsx said:

If I am too anxious regarding the results of a school, should I email profs/graduate affairs? Or will it be inappropriate to do so

I mean you can and might be able to the grad program itself just to ask timeline of decisionmaking in order to make a timely decision on your part. I wouldn't recommend emailing professors, that might not exactly be the best idea haha.

I have been helping my anxiety by looking at past decision timelines and then giving myself a week or so past that because of just how many apps are in this cycle! Not sure if that helps you as well, but just remember the timeline isnt a reflection on your performance, just the sheer number of applications they have!

On 2/23/2024 at 12:09 PM, GradSchoolTony3 said:

Haven't heard anything from Columbia. No acceptances here or on Reddit, so I suppose they're just taking their time? Is definitely curious that (from what I can tell) no one has heard anything yet. 

Its the same with Pitt right now. I think Columbia just started sending theirs out.

Honestly, I am assuming that because this is technically the COVID year (undergrads graduating 2024 started college in 2020), there is an influx of apps as compared to previous years. I might be just dead wrong, but it has helped my anxiety at least, lol

8 hours ago, hgemini said:

Its the same with Pitt right now. I think Columbia just started sending theirs out.

Honestly, I am assuming that because this is technically the COVID year (undergrads graduating 2024 started college in 2020), there is an influx of apps as compared to previous years. I might be just dead wrong, but it has helped my anxiety at least, lol

I know about two top 10 schools; they had more applicants than last year, although not radically more.

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, CrockPotKin said:

How is everyone getting on? - Confirming Acceptances yet?

Currently deciding between UMD and OSU! I know that "silence is not a no" but for my mental sake i am assuming a rejection/waitlist from schools that haven't responded (UW/Pitt/Northeastern). Either way - I am going somewhere!!

How is everything for you! My fingers have been crossed for you getting off waitlist on UW!

On 3/14/2024 at 4:02 PM, hgemini said:

Currently deciding between UMD and OSU! I know that "silence is not a no" but for my mental sake i am assuming a rejection/waitlist from schools that haven't responded (UW/Pitt/Northeastern). Either way - I am going somewhere!!

How is everything for you! My fingers have been crossed for you getting off waitlist on UW!

Congratulations, that's awesome! 

Super exciting that you're going to be kicking the journey off in September - I hope you have a fantastic time!

Still waiting on UW and know the odds aren't great but happy to at least know my app wasn't 100% wide of the mark. Hoping it works out though, I'd be overjoyed to get in!