Fall 2024 Sociology Applications

mikayah02

1 hour ago, mediokra said:

I am also waiting for Columbia in addition to Harvard, Berkeley, Cornell, and MIT (HASTS program). And even though Stanford has sent out a bunch of acceptances and rejections… I’m still waiting on them too. 😩

Only one I have heard from was UPenn, which I got accepted to! Very relieved and happy with Penn, but anxiously awaiting other results.

Congratulations!

Only heard back from one as well - rejection from Stanford. Waiting on Berkeley; University of Washington; and BU.

Starting to get the sinking feeling that I'm going to strike out this round!

4 minutes ago, bigafrodacademic said:

hey everyone! I applied to lowkey a lot of schools lol so no good listing them all lol, but I heard back from Stanford, UChicago, UNC, and UCLA. Does anyone know if UC Berkeley does interviews / interviews all accepted applicants? 

They usually don't

1 hour ago, sociodriw22 said:

Anyone here from Brown yet? The past 2 years they released decisions early February but I haven't seen anything yet.. 

I just saw a post from Brown. It seems that they are sending out all admissions today... Best luck everyone!

4 minutes ago, bigafrodacademic said:

yes, I j heard back from Brown! They sent an email from the portal and then I got an email from the grad admissions coordinator. I hope you hear good news!! 

Congrats to those of you who got admitted! I guess I am rejected since I haven't heard of anything from Brown. I will wait for Johns Hopkins then...

6 minutes ago, mole224 said:

Congrats to those of you who got admitted! I guess I am rejected since I haven't heard of anything from Brown. I will wait for Johns Hopkins then...

thanks! I wouldn’t give up hope— I read somewhere that typically rejections are sent first. Brown might send acceptances on a rolling basis?

On 2/1/2024 at 1:38 PM, CrockPotKin said:

Anyone heard from UW? I've seen one acceptance so far but surprised there aren't more? 

Haven't heard from them at ALL - their average timeline was late jan-early feb so I am rolling with anxiety right now tbh

Got to this post late but hi! I'm doing sociology for most of my schools so I applied to:

UC Berkeley - no word yet

Ohio State - accepted!

UW - no word yet

Northeastern - interview!

Pitt - no word yet

Very anxious about UW and Pitt, those are definitely up there in my rankings, but fingers crossed!! I have been trying SO hard to be optimistic but sometimes GC makes me get ansty, especially when looking at previous decision releases.

4 hours ago, hgemini said:

Haven't heard from them at ALL - their average timeline was late jan-early feb so I am rolling with anxiety right now tbh

Haha yeah me too - I'm an international applicant (UK) so I go through the entire working day knowing I won't hear anything then start jumping at every email after 5pm (9am PST).

4 hours ago, hgemini said:

Got to this post late but hi! I'm doing sociology for most of my schools so I applied to:

Ohio State - accepted!

UW - no word yet

Pitt - no word yet

Very anxious about UW and Pitt, those are definitely up there in my rankings, but fingers crossed!! I have been trying SO hard to be optimistic but sometimes GC makes me get ansty, especially when looking at previous decision releases.

Congrats on the admit! Fingers crossed for UW; Pitt; and Berkeley!

Feels like Berkeley could come any day now and based on previous years acceptances and rejections come only a few days apart so whatever the outcome hopefully we're not left in the dark for long. UW looks like it doesn't send rejections until quite late.

7 hours ago, hgemini said:

Ohio State - accepted!

UW - no word yet

Pitt - no word yet

omg congratulations on OSU! that’s such a good school!!

7 hours ago, CrockPotKin said:

Haha yeah me too - I'm an international applicant (UK) so I go through the entire working day knowing I won't hear anything then start jumping at every email after 5pm (9am PST).

Congrats on the admit! Fingers crossed for UW; Pitt; and Berkeley!

Feels like Berkeley could come any day now and based on previous years acceptances and rejections come only a few days apart so whatever the outcome hopefully we're not left in the dark for long. UW looks like it doesn't send rejections until quite late.

Thank you - fingers crossed for you as well! Stalking the portals has become so tiring, I have been getting my emails at the end of the work day in America - as late as 10pm so I can't even imagine timing in the UK 🙃

4 hours ago, bigafrodacademic said:

omg congratulations on OSU! that’s such a good school!!

Thank you! Congratulations to you as well on Brown!!

44 minutes ago, ayitao said:

I feel every other Soc department is moving faster this year while Berkeley is taking longer... such an agonising wait 

I can't blame them; probably, the applications doubled (or more) since the GRE requirement is now optional.

Just now, thirdoneisthewinner said:

I can't blame them; probably, the applications doubled (or more) since the GRE requirement is now optional.

I guess that's a factor yes. I am a re-applicant and my GRE scores from last year was automatically attached to my application for this year and I had no way of removing it. Unfortunately stuck with some average test scores 

On 1/26/2024 at 2:30 PM, thesecrethistory said:

Hi, I have seen one UIC acceptance so far, has anyone gotten rejections or any other notifications? Also, anything from CU Boulder?

Hi - if you're still waiting on UIC, I got accepted there on Monday (2/5). The portal hasn't updated yet, but I got an admission letter via email.

Hi everyone! I was accepted to UT Austin on Monday (Feb 5), but am still waiting on the following: UC Berkeley (it seems we’re all waiting on them lol), Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Princeton, and Northwestern. Has anyone heard anything about any of these programs? I don’t believe any of them do interviews, and, besides Northwestern (who said decisions will be released the week of 2/19), none of the other schools have given an exact date by which decisions will be made (at least I don’t think). 

9 hours ago, JDPhD said:

Hi everyone! I was accepted to UT Austin on Monday (Feb 5), but am still waiting on the following: UC Berkeley (it seems we’re all waiting on them lol), Harvard, Columbia, NYU, Princeton, and Northwestern. Has anyone heard anything about any of these programs? I don’t believe any of them do interviews, and, besides Northwestern (who said decisions will be released the week of 2/19), none of the other schools have given an exact date by which decisions will be made (at least I don’t think). 

oooo I don’t know but I applied to all the same schools and have not heard back 😭 hopefully we hear good news soon!

8 hours ago, bigafrodacademic said:

oooo I don’t know but I applied to all the same schools and have not heard back 😭 hopefully we hear good news soon!

Omg go us haha. This whole process is very anxiety-inducing! Fingers crossed for us!!

On 2/7/2024 at 10:48 AM, thirdoneisthewinner said:

Neither can I, but it won't stop me from doomscrolling and excessively checking my email/the portal!! haha

all of my pending programs have taken longer than their averages from previous years and it's definitely because of this as well, I do appreciate the time they are taking but my goodness am I anxious!!