2023-2024 Application Thread

Theory007

1 minute ago, Cagmadhige said:

I think we may hear more results from Northwestern today, though they have the worst application portal.

the worst is either University of Texas, MIT, or George Washington though. Wisconsin gets an honorable mention.

1 minute ago, barthestow said:

the worst is either University of Texas, MIT, or George Washington though. Wisconsin gets an honorable mention.

I was shocked at Wisconsin's portal. Ohio States' application portal wasn't great but the buckeye link is much better 

1 minute ago, Greg_app said:

What do you mean? You think the Northwestern post on the results page was real and not a troll? 

It definitely was a troll. It was one, standalone post that doesn’t line up with northwestern’s typical timeline in the past 

1 minute ago, Politicallyincorrect said:

What is the usual timeline?

based on the results page, start of feb at the earliest

incidentally, I'm so surprised we haven't heard from Wisconsin yet! holding out hope for the rest of today, currently my top choice

Not claiming for myself, but can confirm northwestern. Not a troll indeed. But they don't release at the same time and don't have an official waitlist as far as I know. Edit: I know of CP people admitted, not sure if it is a subfield thing.

Edited by anonymousvulture

26 minutes ago, anonymousvulture said:

Not claiming for myself, but can confirm northwestern. Not a troll indeed. But they don't release at the same time and don't have an official waitlist as far as I know. Edit: I know of CP people admitted, not sure if it is a subfield thing.

do you know if they received the news via phone call, email, portal update, etc.?

Just now, abrdff12 said:

Does Wisconsin Madison have a waitlist?

I don't believe so, all the results from previous years have been acceptances or rejections - the rejections usually a day or two later 

Edited by fizzan