everything bagel lover Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 University of Michigan (Helen Zell) poetry acceptance just dropped in the draft
Hjanep Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 2 minutes ago, everything bagel lover said: University of Michigan (Helen Zell) poetry acceptance just dropped in the draft I know. I audibly gasped.
Sumire11 Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 (edited) 30 minutes ago, frazzled said: Hi y'all -- longtime lurker. I just found out that I am on the University of Arizona's long list for fiction and they want to do a call. They said it's not an interview-- Honestly I thought this cycle was a wash so I am surprised and I wonder what my odds are now. So freaked out. Hi May I ask when the email came in. I honestly thought U of Arizona had sent out their notifications. Edited February 21, 2025 by Sumire11
Tuxedocat Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 GUYS I GOT INTO MICHIGAN FOR POETRY OMFG HalBear, epr, curfew and 25 others 27 1
MegHe Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 4 minutes ago, Tuxedocat said: GUYS I GOT INTO MICHIGAN FOR POETRY OMFG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! THAT'S AMAZING! Tuxedocat 1
everything bagel lover Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 2 minutes ago, Tuxedocat said: GUYS I GOT INTO MICHIGAN FOR POETRY OMFG HOLY SHIT LETS GOOOOOO CONGRATS Tuxedocat 1
Guest Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 4 minutes ago, MegHe said: CONGRATULATIONS!!!! THAT'S AMAZING! Congratulations!
Guest Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 19 minutes ago, Sumire11 said: Hi May I ask when the email came in. I honestly thought U of Arizona had sent out their notifications. Hi-- yes-- it came in around 9 pm MST, 11 PM EST. "I'm writing on behalf of the University of Arizona MFA admissions committee to share that we are very interested in your MFA application. It has made our long list in fiction. We are presently scheduling Zoom calls with applicants. The call (15-20 minutes or so) will be a chance for us to share a few details about the UA MFA Program with you and to learn more about your journey in fiction and your interest in the study and practice of fiction in a serious academic community. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about what we do here. This isn’t an interview, to be clear. The MFA application process can be a bit impersonal and as a small, highly selective program like ours (with a 1.3% acceptance rate in fiction this year), we find it helpful for everyone to meet before we make final admissions decisions. "
vilum Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 21 minutes ago, Tuxedocat said: GUYS I GOT INTO MICHIGAN FOR POETRY OMFG that’s amazing i am so happy for u 🙏🏻❤️ Tuxedocat 1
Sumire11 Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 2 minutes ago, frazzled said: Hi-- yes-- it came in around 9 pm MST, 11 PM EST. "I'm writing on behalf of the University of Arizona MFA admissions committee to share that we are very interested in your MFA application. It has made our long list in fiction. We are presently scheduling Zoom calls with applicants. The call (15-20 minutes or so) will be a chance for us to share a few details about the UA MFA Program with you and to learn more about your journey in fiction and your interest in the study and practice of fiction in a serious academic community. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about what we do here. This isn’t an interview, to be clear. The MFA application process can be a bit impersonal and as a small, highly selective program like ours (with a 1.3% acceptance rate in fiction this year), we find it helpful for everyone to meet before we make final admissions decisions. " This came today? Also, congrats on making the longlist dude. Arizona looks like a stellar program.
Tinky C. Clown Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 michigan fiction acceptance has appeared. Hjanep 1
exvat Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 28 minutes ago, Tuxedocat said: GUYS I GOT INTO MICHIGAN FOR POETRY OMFG YEAH YA DID 🎉 Tuxedocat 1
everything bagel lover Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 9 minutes ago, frazzled said: Hi-- yes-- it came in around 9 pm MST, 11 PM EST. "I'm writing on behalf of the University of Arizona MFA admissions committee to share that we are very interested in your MFA application. It has made our long list in fiction. We are presently scheduling Zoom calls with applicants. The call (15-20 minutes or so) will be a chance for us to share a few details about the UA MFA Program with you and to learn more about your journey in fiction and your interest in the study and practice of fiction in a serious academic community. It’s also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about what we do here. This isn’t an interview, to be clear. The MFA application process can be a bit impersonal and as a small, highly selective program like ours (with a 1.3% acceptance rate in fiction this year), we find it helpful for everyone to meet before we make final admissions decisions. " That's huge!!! Congratulations and I hope it goes well!! ❤️
Tinky C. Clown Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 i just got random email from a sender beginning with M and i jumped when i flipped my phone over and saw it.
DJ Lambchop Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 2 minutes ago, Tinky C. Clown said: i just got random email from a sender beginning with M and i jumped when i flipped my phone over and saw it. I went to Michigan for undergrad and all their alumni emails have been making me jump out of my skin the past couple weeks
Chex Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 39 minutes ago, Tuxedocat said: GUYS I GOT INTO MICHIGAN FOR POETRY OMFG OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 🎉 Tuxedocat 1
Nauna Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 8 hours ago, Mr. Scribblo said: their deadline was jan 21 this year. last year, it was earlier. we might still--i'm hoping--get an update next week. Oh that makes sense. Thanks! Fingers crossed for the both of us! Mr. Scribblo 1
jinny-r Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 Congrats to carly rae jepsen for getting into Michigan. I hope you release another album this year! Love, ur #1 fan AyvaM and exvat 2
DJ Lambchop Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 Can we assume all Michigan acceptances are already out? Can't imagine why they would stagger 18 emails by too much a margin. Basically as soon as I see an acceptance I assume it's over for me.
Tinky C. Clown Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 5 minutes ago, DJ Lambchop said: Can we assume all Michigan acceptances are already out? Can't imagine why they would stagger 18 emails by too much a margin. Basically as soon as I see an acceptance I assume it's over for me. waitlists are still possible!
Sumire11 Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 Any Arkansas fiction acceptances here? Saw a waitlist so I don't know what to think. Sucks really, that was my top program. Congrats to whoever got in. Cherish these 4 years!
womanonline Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 i was really hoping that UTK would release decisions today based on last year’s results in the draft but the doom is already setting in and i’m just going to assume i must suffer for another week HalBear 1
isabella swan Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 i wanna know firsthand how it feels to get an acceptance email😭 rhaenyra, Nauna, Prosaic Ioniser and 1 other 4
stonecoldslytherin Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 2 hours ago, Tuxedocat said: You only needed to submit unofficial transcripts. Only accepted students need to submit official transcripts after they have been accepted. I just checked their website again to be sure. So your transcripts had nothing to do with getting rejected (from what I can see). I didn’t apply to Vanderbilt this year because I mostly focused on 2 year programs. But I understand your sadness at a rejection; however, saying this as kindly as I can, knowing who got in won’t help you. This is meant to be an anonymous space so you would only know that some other anonymous person got in. And if you’re feeling so down or at risk of harm, please talk to someone. There are helplines and text lines depending on where you are located. This is not something to take lightly. Something else to think about: you want to go to a place that knows your worth. If a school doesn’t see that in your application, that is their loss. Prove it by writing anyway, and reapplying next year with even stronger work if you choose. words heard and understood. thank you for your honesty. I apologize if my words were triggering or upsetting to anyone. you're right. be better next time AyvaM 1
Mystic_Sunshine Posted February 21, 2025 Posted February 21, 2025 1 hour ago, Tuxedocat said: GUYS I GOT INTO MICHIGAN FOR POETRY OMFG Huge congrats!!! Tuxedocat 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now