UC Davis?

I saw a result on the board last night from UC Davis. Does anyone want to claim it? The date seems to be consistent with previous years.

I am reminding myself that it is three hours earlier on the west coast....

I was going to ask the same thing! Judging from previous results, it looks like Davis accepts a bunch of people first and then does their rejections later.

still only one there - probably a fellowship candidate . They usually hear earlier. :)

Hey everyone,

I got a call this morning and was told I was admitted and would be funded up to six years. I am being understated when I say that this is beyond what I imagined in my wildest dreams. Good luck to everyone, and keep the hope up.

Hey everyone,

I got a call this morning and was told I was admitted and would be funded up to six years. I am being understated when I say that this is beyond what I imagined in my wildest dreams. Good luck to everyone, and keep the hope up.

Hey, Crae

Congrats! Would you mind telling us your field and which professor contacted you? I also applied to UCD, and I am very anxious now that people are starting to receive calls...

Hey everyone,

Congratulations!

Thanks! My field is Early Modern, and it was Gina Bloom who contacted me. She was very nice! What's your area, Crutch? I wouldn't be too worried yet, since, judging from the results board, not many people have been contacted at this point.

Thanks! My field is Early Modern, and it was Gina Bloom who contacted me. She was very nice! What's your area, Crutch? I wouldn't be too worried yet, since, judging from the results board, not many people have been contacted at this point.

Thanks for the info, and congrats once again!

My field is Restoration and 18th-century British lit. In my SoP, I mentioned Christopher Loar, as he's done some work on violence in literature (Defoe, in specific) that I like. I've got my fingers crossed that different professors were assigned different people to call, and that many of them just haven't gotten around to it yet! (Or any number of other theories that don't involve me being rejected!)

I'm trying to keep hope, but this is too reminiscent of last year, when I went 0/14. I imrpoved my writing sample and SoP, did much more research on schools and where I'd fit, etc., but I still worry that it's going to be another year of all rejects! :blink:

Crutch, if it makes you feel better, I was 0/6 two years ago. This year, I was actually AFRAID to apply, because I didn't think I could handle the unanimous rejections I got before. Since then, I took the GREs (the first time I only applied to schools that didn't require the tests), honed writing samples, did some school research, and basically matured in my desires and articulation of my area. It helped so much! Don't be anxious - I bet you've really improved since last year. :-)

Crutch, if it makes you feel better, I was 0/6 two years ago. This year, I was actually AFRAID to apply, because I didn't think I could handle the unanimous rejections I got before. Since then, I took the GREs (the first time I only applied to schools that didn't require the tests), honed writing samples, did some school research, and basically matured in my desires and articulation of my area. It helped so much! Don't be anxious - I bet you've really improved since last year. :-)

Thanks for the encouragement, Crae!

I actually just got a phone call that said I was admitted to UCD, so I didn't need to worry after all. :D

Thanks for the encouragement, Crae!

I actually just got a phone call that said I was admitted to UCD, so I didn't need to worry after all. :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting! What other school have you been accepted to?

Are you planning to go to the March 31/April 1 visiting session?

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting! What other school have you been accepted to?

Are you planning to go to the March 31/April 1 visiting session?

The other school so far is Ohio State.

I hadn't heard about the visiting session yet; I was just told that I would be receiving more concrete info via an email from Gina Bloom sometime in the next week or two. That said, I definitely plan on making the visiting weekend if at all possible (if the wife and I can find someone willing to watch two toddlers for a couple of days, that is ;) ).

The other school so far is Ohio State.

I hadn't heard about the visiting session yet; I was just told that I would be receiving more concrete info via an email from Gina Bloom sometime in the next week or two. That said, I definitely plan on making the visiting weekend if at all possible (if the wife and I can find someone willing to watch two toddlers for a couple of days, that is ;) ).

Good luck with that! And if you do end up going, let me know so we can say hi in person. :-)

I just received word that I'm waitlisted at Davis. Any other waitlisters out there? I'm just relieved to have heard something from one of my top choices...even if that something means more waiting.

I'm also wondering if it would be appropriate to visit campus, since I'm only an hour away. I don't want to push my luck!

Congratulations to all those accepted!

I just received word that I'm waitlisted at Davis. Any other waitlisters out there? I'm just relieved to have heard something from one of my top choices...even if that something means more waiting.

I'm also wondering if it would be appropriate to visit campus, since I'm only an hour away. I don't want to push my luck!

Congratulations to all those accepted!

Congratulations, rubyrunner and everyone who was accepted.

I saw on the results board that someone got a rejection email from the department. Did anyone else? (You can just post on the results board if you don't want to say here.) I still haven't heard anything.

Edited by osodulce

Congrats to all those accepted (and waitlisted!)! I haven't heard anything from them, but was also wondering about the rejection. It would be nice if I could at least get the nice rejection email the poster mentioned.

I broke down and called this morning. The admin I spoke with said that she had no information.

I have not heard anything either. I checked the website and nothing was posted, so I would like to think they just haven't looked at my application yet. Too hopeful?

Edited by sareene