Met Internships

zoltan

1 hour ago, CaeciliusEstInHorto said:

I'm in the same position! Anyone else applied for one of the long-term internships? I applied for one of those but haven't heard a peep from them. Can't quite believe that they wouldn't interview for those so I am not hopeful...

I applied for two 12 month internships. I was hoping to at least get an interview but I never heard from them. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't interview for an internship that lasts that long either :(

Edited by sak95

1 hour ago, chlmar05 said:

I also applied for a 12-month internship at The Met (The emily K rafferty) and haven't heard back yet either. 

They said that everyone should be informed by mid April though?

Obviously I don't know either way, but to me it just seems a little too optimistic to think that they would accept anyway onto the 12 month one without any interview... but I guess we'll find out soon! 

19 hours ago, sancia said:

Has anyone who interviewed for the MuSe internship heard back at all? I’m not feeling optimistic at this point.

Nope. If I don’t hear back today I’m going to have to move onto other options unfortunately.

• 10 months later...

Hello! Sorry to bring back this, i am just wondering if anyone has applied to the long term interships at the Met for 2020.

I applied to two but still hasn't heard back, I am aware that they probably won't contact until March but I am impayient and dying to know!

So ley me know if anyone has heard anything! 

Thanks and goodluck :) 

On 2/21/2020 at 1:55 AM, bronze_ratio said:

It appears in the past people have gotten responses ranging from mid-March to mid-April. I applied for the 10 week internship and a 12 month internship and haven't heard anything back.

Same!! God I am so inpatient!! Best of luck for both of us! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All! 

Really hoping someone, anyone, has an update on Met summer internships! Have you guys gotten emails at all regarding interviews or even updating anyone on the potential for a delay in hearing back or a cancellation of the program? It seems weird that they would wait so long to conduct interviews if decisions are being made by April 20th. Appreciate all of your help! Good lock to you all! 

I interviewed roughly a couple of weeks ago. I was told I'd hear back early April. Emailed the MuSe program a couple of days ago asking if the internships were going on at all. Will update if I hear back anything. Hope this clears some questions/worries and I'll update if I hear anything back! 

5 hours ago, quinoanj said:

I interviewed roughly a couple of weeks ago. I was told I'd hear back early April. Emailed the MuSe program a couple of days ago asking if the internships were going on at all. Will update if I hear back anything. Hope this clears some questions/worries and I'll update if I hear anything back! 

What department was it if you don’t mind sharing? From reading this thread, some departments don’t do interviews but no one ever said which departments.

22 hours ago, quinoanj said:

Modern and Contemporary! 

Oh nice, was it for a summer internships or a long term one? Thank you for updating all of us!! I haven't heard anything at all, I think I am loosing faith, but maybe with this corona stuff they are delaying everything...

8 hours ago, Cazza96 said:

Oh nice, was it for a summer internships or a long term one? Thank you for updating all of us!! I haven't heard anything at all, I think I am loosing faith, but maybe with this corona stuff they are delaying everything...

It was for MuSe, which is the summer one. All we can do is wait at this point! So many uncertainties. 

On 3/27/2020 at 11:46 PM, quinoanj said:

It was for MuSe, which is the summer one. All we can do is wait at this point! So many uncertainties. 

oohhh nicee!! i wasn't sure if you meant the summer one or long term one, congratulations on having had an interview! :) hope they reply to you soon! and good luck to all of us!

Hi all!

Sending a quick update on Met internships... I applied to Emily K. Rafferty twelve-month internship program as well as MuSe, and I received an interview for the EKR one on March 10. I interviewed on March 16 and was told that I'd be notified by early April.

Not sure what the state of the internship program is at the moment. I know that Guggenheim cancelled their summer internship program, and the Whitney (which I interviewed for and was supposed to have a second-round interview) notified me that they're deferring final decisions until they have more updates on the state of the Museum's reopening. Hope this helps some people. Sending my best wishes to you all during this scary time!

Hi everyone, 

Just a quick update! I heard back from the MET that the MuSe internships are still going on, but not during summer. Instead of the regular dates, they moved the whole program to a September start date/ November end date. Of course this isn't ideal for non-NYC people but I am quite surprised and pleased that they chose to continue the internship program rather than completely cancelling it like most places. Hope the answer is helpful and best of luck to everyone.