Maryland Acceptance

I hope it does, but I'm starting to lose hope on Maryland. I e-mailed Dr. Ray for an update on Tuesday, and have not yet heard back. She's been really good about returning previous e-mails (ie- within 6 or 7 hours). Plus, if you were offered the last spot, I think that means they've met their quota for early modernists (you're in post-modern lit, right?).

Fingers still crossed and gut still clenched, but hope sadly dwindling.

Yeah, you're right. I'm more just pretty much anything after 1950 plus a bunch of weird psychological/ disability studies things. But perhaps that doesn't mean anything. I'll pray for you! She--I feel bad I kept referring to her as a "he" (I'm an idiot)--was working from home today, so perhaps she didn't have time to reconvene with the adcomm to determine who would come next. I really don't know, but wish everyone the best. I hope we all just get in somewhere and never have to develop hypertension through this agonizing process again.

J

Hey Tybalt! Don't give up hope! I think an early modern spot may yet open up at Maryland. I think one of the early modernists is leaning another direction. Best of luck!!!

Hope is not totally gone, but it is dwindling. I still haven't heard anything (and I e-mailed Dr. Ray a week ago). That, plus the fact that she offered "the last spot" to a modernist has me a little more than worried.

The fact that we're down to the last week and I have yet to hear from any of my three waitlists has me a bit freaked out (and on top of THAT stress, I defend my MA thesis on Thursday). This week is going to kill me!

Anyone else still waiting on Maryland can stop waiting. I got a response from Dr. Ray--their roster is full. She's sending out the e-mail to the rest of the wait list tomorrow.

Any modernists who might still be waiting on UMD- I got offered a surprise MA/PhD funded spot today (considering they told me I only got the unfunded MA, it was quite the shock), but I'm already committed to Tufts, so I'll be turning it down tomorrow. I hope it goes to a GCer!