Harvard SEAS

achapiro

Judging from last year's results, there were a few acceptances by email in February followed by lots of rejects by post in March.

that's true, so better to get ready for a reject. May be they are allowing some extra days to prepare our mind.

Judging from last year's results, there were a few acceptances by email in February followed by lots of rejects by post in March.

I am assuming a rejection from Harvard, and will pursue my other options accordingly.

I think the open house might be specifically for PhD.. Anyone applied for master's? Can someone call and ask when all the decisions will be mailed? From their Engineering website:

March

Open house for admitted students

April

Decision letters mailed

Isn't April too late?

Edited by adelashk

purplesmoke - that does seem to be the PhD pattern, for which there is much more posts/data

adelashk - much fewer results posts for Masters here and with the lack of information on the SEAS site, it is hard to tell. But from the past years' history, in 2010 rejections were posted on March 15, 14, in 2009 rejections on March 17 but an acceptance on March 18, in 2008 an acceptance on March 26, in 2007 an acceptance on April 5, and in 2006 an acceptance on April 1. So in total 7 "Masters" posts, all of which were after March 15. It does look like there may be a pattern that may hint to decisions going out earlier in the more recent years. But hard to tell with the limited information.

Is hope lost yet? I tried contacting them and haven't received a response...

If you are applying to the PhD program then your chances are very low but not nil. I found another thread in some other grad forum that has a pretty accurate description of the timeline in previous years. Historically decisions have been sent around the second week of March for Master's. As for PhD, acceptance decisions were sent around February (which makes sense given their early date for an open house). Not sure if I am allowed to post a link to that thread on here.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Large envelope with offer of acceptance inside and details on costs, housing, and admitted student orientation on April 1.

Post mark was March 4 but live in eastern Massachusetts.

Sorry I wasn't clear. Large envelope with offer of acceptance inside and details on costs, housing, and admitted student orientation on April 1.

Post mark was March 4 but live in eastern Massachusetts.

Congrats sldm!!!!

Congratulations sidm. Great to hear

I live in India.. so many weeks of anxiety about this decision await. The worst bit is that the postal service here is far from efficient, so it could take anywhere between 2 and 6 weeks.

I wish Harvard would also send an email with a scanned copy of the decision.

I asked, and Harvard SEAS masters letters will be coming out this week. Good luck guys =)

Thanks!! Good luck to you as well.

I guess it should take a maximum of a week from now to get the decision (at least for folks in the U.S. )

Do we know if they are done with the admittances (PhD)? Darn it, they don't reply on my messages :(

Same question for the MS: Do we know if they are done with the admittances? There have been no new admission results since 10 Mar 2011. mellow.gif

Edited by adebar

Not sure how many M.S acceptance this year.

Looking forward ad as a matter of fact.

Same question for the MS: Do we know if they are done with the admittances? There have been no new admission results since 10 Mar 2011. mellow.gif