AAUW International Fellowship

dramanda

• 3 weeks later...

i did and cannot wait to hear back! counting days ..

my status says recommended since december and april seems so far!!!

I did too. Don't see it as likely at all because my profile isn't nearly as good as the past winners.

How do they notify the winners? Do finalists get interviewed?

I did too. Don't see it as likely at all because my profile isn't nearly as good as the past winners.

How do they notify the winners? Do finalists get interviewed?

Ahhhh still waiting and checking many times daily ... i really need to get it!!!

Wish my status will change to Reviewed though ..

do not lose hope, you never know ...

Yea, i guess they get interviewed .. and they post one paragraph or two about them with their photo online ..

April 15 is soon .. count down ..

wish you the best of luck .. rolleyes.gif

I've added this info in both posts about AAUW.

I contacted AAUW re status changes, here's their response:

"the status will never change. Once the application form is closed (lodged), the online status does not change."

So, that's that - no use checking madly at 4am for an update. Come on April 15!

Interesting, how come some applicants said their status did change from recommended to reviewed?

Thanks for the info!

I guess, I will stop checking the status, the shock will be easier to contain if I do not get it, which is most likely, last year around 1200 applied for it and only around 40 got it, so ...

cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...

sorry :(

if they have not received your trans..., your status will be incomplete.

check it.

no- the status pertains only to their receipt of recommendations. if you take a look at the status page, you will notice that they say "we are unable to confirm status of supporting documents" .. that's why i am being irrational. we will never know whether we got rejected because a piece of our app was missing or because we didn't make it.

no- the status pertains only to their receipt of recommendations. if you take a look at the status page, you will notice that they say "we are unable to confirm status of supporting documents" .. that's why i am being irrational. we will never know whether we got rejected because a piece of our app was missing or because we didn't make it.

well, then you should have used Fedex--tracking your documents. This is what I did and I know they got all my documents!

well, then you should have used Fedex--tracking your documents. This is what I did and I know they got all my documents!

That's what I did too..

Come on! I am joking here! Don't you have irrational fears like that? Such as that your transcript got dropped under someone's desk and never made it's way to your file??

8 more days!

That's what I did too..

Come on! I am joking here! Don't you have irrational fears like that? Such as that your transcript got dropped under someone's desk and never made it's way to your file??

8 more days!

haha! not this kind of fears!

mine are more like: i am sure someone read my application and thought "she is fine she does not need a fellowship to survive"!!!

blink.gif

yeah .. almost 7 days left!

gash, it is next weeeeeeeek!!!!!

Unfortunately, the status will never change to reviewed. Once the application form is closed, the online status does not change. <br style=line-height: 1.2em; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; "><br style="line-height: 1.2em; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; ">Notification of awards will be mailed to all applicants on, April 15, 2011 via regular mail. We will also post notifications on our website that day. <br style=line-height: 1.2em; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; "><br style="line-height: 1.2em; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; ">www.aauw.org

5 days to go!

Good luck everybody!!!!

biggrin.gif

two days to go people !! ANyone waiting for the results like me???

Scared of the disappointment :( But should be able to accept it .. but do not want to!!

At least, I know for sure some people are gonna get it and be very happy .. so, no problem!

rolleyes.gif

• 6 months later...