Application Incomplete (?!)

fsmn36

I just got an email from one of my schools informing me they haven't received by GRE scores. The application was sent in 2 weeks ago and the GRE scores ordered more than a week before that.

I was terrified at first it would be a rejection email but this is almost worst. I have to decide whether to email the school, or not worry about it since I know the money for ordering the score has been taken out (again, well over 2 weeks ago), or what. And of course, I can't do anything until tomorrow, now. Bad timing on that email!

Anyone else ever had this problem before? I'm freaking out now because it feels so unprofessional. I mean, I wouldn't accept me if I couldn't get a simple application together on time. But I honestly don't know why they haven't recieved it and I certainly have no control over ETS.

Frak.

ETA: Someone posted an acceptance on the results board for that school so now I'm truly terrified. I don't want them to accept people before they even review my app!

Edited by fsmn36

I just got an email from one of my schools informing me they haven't received by GRE scores. The application was sent in 2 weeks ago and the GRE scores ordered more than a week before that.

I was terrified at first it would be a rejection email but this is almost worst. I have to decide whether to email the school, or not worry about it since I know the money for ordering the score has been taken out (again, well over 2 weeks ago), or what. And of course, I can't do anything until tomorrow, now. Bad timing on that email!

Anyone else ever had this problem before? I'm freaking out now because it feels so unprofessional. I mean, I wouldn't accept me if I couldn't get a simple application together on time. But I honestly don't know why they haven't recieved it and I certainly have no control over ETS.

Frak.

ETA: Someone posted an acceptance on the results board for that school so now I'm truly terrified. I don't want them to accept people before they even review my app!

ETS may not have sent the scores yet--there can be a delay.

If you go onto the GRE website onto My GRE/My Account>View Scores Online it will say the date that ETS sent the scores to the school. If it's been more than ten days or so since then, ring the school up and tell them when ETS says they sent it--and ask them what they'd like you to do in the interim between ETS resending your scores (which they'll do for free) and the school receiving them. Perhaps a scanned copy of your results letter?

Edited by harpyemma

Call ETS as soon as possible! They will re-send the scores for free. I had a similar problem with one of my schools, for some reason my GRE scores were received by the school, but failed to be linked up to the rest of my application. I was able to fix the problem by calling ETS and the grad secretary at the school.

When I took the test, it took 18 days to receive the results certificate from ETS (took test on Dec. 31, results mailed out Jan. 12, received Jan. 17). I am assuming my schools received them at the same time. It took another week for the schools to process them into my file.