U of Washington

mmm

95% sure I'll be headed there to do a Communication MA/PhD in Fall 2011. The only thing standing between me and Seattle is a long shot at another school... I expect to get rejected there, so I'll probably end up at UW.

Any other future Huskies out there?

Edited by mmm

Well, my long shot fell through (no surprise there!), so it looks like Seattle is my city... Which is a bit of a relief, really. I didn't really realize how much I wanted to stay in the Northwest until that East Coast rejection came. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all! UW seems like the place I may end up, if I can secure at least a glimmer of a hope of future funding. There was another thread somewhere talking about rooming with other future grad students from this forum, would anyone be interested in that? Mmm (I feel silly saying that), you say you already dwell in the Northwest, do you know the Seattle area at all?

• 2 weeks later...

Attending U of Washington as well for pure math. I never visited the campus, but I've heard it's beautiful. I did have the opportunity to visit Seattle last December for a conference and it seemed pretty spectacular.

Hello all! UW seems like the place I may end up, if I can secure at least a glimmer of a hope of future funding. There was another thread somewhere talking about rooming with other future grad students from this forum, would anyone be interested in that? Mmm (I feel silly saying that), you say you already dwell in the Northwest, do you know the Seattle area at all?

I've lived in Portland for the last few years, and haven't been up to Seattle for any substantial period as an adult... So I'm pretty much on the same page as anyone else when it comes to figuring out neighborhoods to live in, etc. I'm hoping to make a trip up there in a few weeks (to introduce myself to faculty, to scout neighborhoods, and so on).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got accepted into UW yesterday for MSME. I visited the campus last Friday while in Seattle for work and the campus was absolutely gorgeous. Ate at Blue C Sushi in U Village, good stuff, haha. I'm still waiting to hear from the other schools I applied to, but UW is definitely in my mind. Congrats to all that will be attending!

• 5 months later...