AAUW fellowship

SubjectNotebook

Hi I applied, pretty sure it's a generic April 15th date for hearing back. I got my own postcard from them to acknowledge they received my application.

Is there anybody out there who has applied for the AAUW (American Association for University Women) fellowship? Have you heard back from them? Any idea on when one can expect to hear back?

Recommended - which just means they have all my docs. There a legend link to the left of the word status that's not obvious and easy to miss. They haven't even reviewed it yet! Otherwise it would say "recommended and reviewed". Anyway I emailed them with a question and basically results will be emailed on the 15th as well as posted on their website, don't think you'll find out any earlier than that.

Recommended - which just means they have all my docs. There a legend link to the left of the word status that's not obvious and easy to miss. They haven't even reviewed it yet! Otherwise it would say "recommended and reviewed". Anyway I emailed them with a question and basically results will be emailed on the 15th as well as posted on their website, don't think you'll find out any earlier than that.

Thank you! I hadn't seen the link :)

If you search this forum, last year some people indicated that they stayed "recommended" on April 15th. Neither of them received the scholarship, so I was curious as to if/when everyone's status starting changing to "recommended and reviewed"

Uh thanks, I hope that my application gets through and not what you just described.

Thank you! I hadn't seen the link :)

If you search this forum, last year some people indicated that they stayed "recommended" on April 15th. Neither of them received the scholarship, so I was curious as to if/when everyone's status starting changing to "recommended and reviewed"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I applied for the AAUW fellowship as well and just tried to check my status. The main page just has my name and address, the name of the fellowship, and something that says "test completed" under the next/options header. Where should I be looking? Thanks!

Uh thanks, I hope that my application gets through and not what you just described.

Edited by here's hoping

Hi everyone! I applied for the AAUW fellowship as well and just tried to check my status. The main page just has my name and address, the name of the fellowship, and something that says "test completed" under the next/options header. Where should I be looking? Thanks!

About a week ago they changed the page that lets you check your status. Maybe applications are under review?

About a week ago they changed the page that lets you check your status. Maybe applications are under review?

Also noticed that the page had changed with less choices about checking status. There is another way in, check emails from AAUW which give you a link to check your status. Within the email it says "Click the link below to check the status of your recommendations, using the same user ID and password you use to log into the application: Review My Status (Link) " The link should start with https://actapps.act....event=go&realm= etc

My status still says Recommended. I hope, as others have suggested, that applications are being reviewed - although 15 April is getting awfully close, so to still have Recommended as status probably doesn't look like good news.

If you've applied, please post to let forum know if your status has changed.

Thanks so much but could you double check the link, pleeeaaaase? It isn't working. I'm pretty worried because I never received an email with a "status check" link. I submitted the application before the Nov. 15th deadline and the 40 dollar fee was charged to my credit card. I know my transcripts would have arrived in time, because I ordered them early enough, but I'm concerned about the completion verification form from my department (I gave them plenty of advance notice and sent several "gentle" reminders, but can't be sure the form got in the mail on time). I've been overseas for research and asked AAUW if they could confirm that they received my documents early early in the process. They said no. Now I'm pretty anxious that they charged me and just scrapped my application because one form *might* have been late. sigh.

Also noticed that the page had changed with less choices about checking status. There is another way in, check emails from AAUW which give you a link to check your status. Within the email it says "Click the link below to check the status of your recommendations, using the same user ID and password you use to log into the application: Review My Status (Link) " The link should start with https://actapps.act....event=go&realm= etc

My status still says Recommended. I hope, as others have suggested, that applications are being reviewed - although 15 April is getting awfully close, so to still have Recommended as status probably doesn't look like good news.

If you've applied, please post to let forum know if your status has changed.

Edited by here's hoping

Oh, just realized that you said the link should "start with" with what you posted. No wonder it didn't work :-) Could someone please post the full link? Thanks!!!!!!

Thanks so much but could you double check the link, pleeeaaaase? It isn't working. I'm pretty worried because I never received an email with a "status check" link. I submitted the application before the Nov. 15th deadline and the 40 dollar fee was charged to my credit card. I know my transcripts would have arrived in time, because I ordered them early enough, but I'm concerned about the completion verification form from my department (I gave them plenty of advance notice and sent several "gentle" reminders, but can't be sure the form got in the mail on time). I've been overseas for research and asked AAUW if they could confirm that they received my documents early early in the process. They said no. Now I'm pretty anxious that they charged me and just scrapped my application because one form *might* have been late. sigh.

Edited by here's hoping

Oh, just realized that you said the link should "start with" with what you posted. No wonder it didn't work :-) Could someone please post the full link? Thanks!!!!!!

The link given in my email from AAUW is individualized to my own application. Also, you indicated a closing date of 15 November - this is a different closing date to the Fellowship I applied for so the link may not even be relevant (my closing date was 1 December).

You might need to ask AAUW for the link that relates to your application.

Thanks. I applied for the 2011 American Dissertation Fellowship. Maybe the process is different and I've been worrying needlessly.

The link given in my email from AAUW is individualized to my own application. Also, you indicated a closing date of 15 November - this is a different closing date to the Fellowship I applied for so the link may not even be relevant (my closing date was 1 December).

You might need to ask AAUW for the link that relates to your application.

I contacted AAUW re status changes, here's their response:

"the status will never change. Once the application form is closed (lodged), the online status does not change."

So, that's that - no use checking madly at 4am for an update. Come on April 15!

• 3 weeks later...