2011 M Arch I Responses?!

Hey all,

I'm eagerly awaiting admissions decisions for M Arch 1 programs and thought I would start a new thread for those in the same position. Let me know if you've heard from any schools. Accepted? Rejected? Here are the schools I applied to and am yet to hear from:

UCLA

Berkley

Tulane

Pratt

Columbia

School of the Art Institute in Chicago

UT Austin

I'm in the same boat. I've applied to four schools in the New York arena... Pratt, Parsons, CCNY, and Columbia. I completed my undergrad in the South and after four years of working at a firm in the Midwest I decided I was ready to move on. I've been dreading this month since submitting my applications last November. Parsons has begun contacting some of their admitted applicants, but I've yet to hear back (grrrr). I visited CCNY last May and was pleasantly surprised with their new facility, but since the masters program is so new I've heard almost nothing about it.

I'm ready to be a student, again!

Considering everyone around me is sick of hearing about my grad school anxiety, I decided to register here. I'm also applying for the MArch 1 and I also applied to Tulane and UT Austin including, Washington University in St. Louis (WashU) and University of Washington. I'm hoping for some news this week but it seems that may be far-fetched. I think I check this site about 20 times a day.

re: 2011 M. Arch apps

Boston Architectural College Accepted! One down 5 to go it's going to be a long March but off to a good start!

Good luck all!

Edited by cr1506

looks like Austin's starting to reply, but not to me . . .

Are you referring to the grad cafe results or real-life people? I've noticed the only ones on here that are hearing back for UT are phd and 3 year people.

re: 2011 M. Arch apps

Boston Architectural College Accepted! One down 5 to go it's going to be a long March but off to a good start!

Good luck all!

Congrats!! I'm hoping to start it all off with an acceptance, I think it would make everything else a little easier. I could also be making all that up because I'm being ridiculous right now.

Congrats!! I'm hoping to start it all off with an acceptance, I think it would make everything else a little easier. I could also be making all that up because I'm being ridiculous right now.

I think we all are feeling a bit ridiculous. I have never checked my email so often, known exactly when mail comes or been so glued to my cellphone ever before!

Cheers everyone i think we should all start a two drink a day habit to calm the nerves!

Just got the red X from Columbia.. That stung more than I had expected it to... sighhhh

Yeah, me too. Though I didn't think they would consider me because my portfolio was late (by a day). I'm kinda wishing now that I wasn't considered.

Hey all,

I'm eagerly awaiting admissions decisions for M Arch 1 programs and thought I would start a new thread for those in the same position. Let me know if you've heard from any schools. Accepted? Rejected? Here are the schools I applied to and am yet to hear from:

UCLA

Berkley

Tulane

Pratt

Columbia

School of the Art Institute in Chicago

UT Austin

I applied to RPI, Clemson, UNC-Charlotte, and SUNY Buffalo for M.Arch 1 (3 year path). I spent two years in an undergraduate architecture program in Buffalo (I did well), but switched to planning. I am hoping to return for my M.arch this coming summer/fall.

Stats: gpa - 3.55; GRE v/q/w 510/580/5.0

Accepted: RPI (no funding info yet...and at around 43 grand a year it is certainly necessary!) Masters program is extremely small, 8-12 students enroll each year. Program is not well known, but the University is highly ranked, well respected, and has a nice endowment.

Clemson is my first choice due to family proximity and the desire to remain in SC afterwords...Clemson said they are hoping to have notifications out by Friday!

Charlotte said we should be notified this week....

Buffalo mailed out decisions sometime last week, apparently.

I wish I had the time and money to apply to GATech, but it just didn't happen.

Good luck to all this week and i'll update my stats on gradcafe when I know!

I applied to RPI, Clemson, UNC-Charlotte, and SUNY Buffalo for M.Arch 1 (3 year path). I spent two years in an undergraduate architecture program in Buffalo (I did well), but switched to planning. I am hoping to return for my M.arch this coming summer/fall.

Stats: gpa - 3.55; GRE v/q/w 510/580/5.0

Accepted: RPI (no funding info yet...and at around 43 grand a year it is certainly necessary!) Masters program is extremely small, 8-12 students enroll each year. Program is not well known, but the University is highly ranked, well respected, and has a nice endowment.

Clemson is my first choice due to family proximity and the desire to remain in SC afterwords...Clemson said they are hoping to have notifications out by Friday!

Charlotte said we should be notified this week....

Buffalo mailed out decisions sometime last week, apparently.

I wish I had the time and money to apply to GATech, but it just didn't happen.

Good luck to all this week and i'll update my stats on gradcafe when I know!

Go Clemson! That's where I completed my undergrad! Best of luck!

Decided to join the bandwagon after all! Sharing the same nail biting moments...checking mails more than 10 times a day (like that would accelerate the process of my applications/admission decisions anyway)...March is going to be a torture...each day...every minute!!!

This wait is getting to be too intense!! Clemson has started notifying its 3 year M.arch applicants, but I do not have an email as of yet. Two people on gradcafe received their acceptance decisions already, but on different days....so I'm hoping this means they weren't sent out all at once... If I don't receive one tomorrow i'll assume a rejection letter is in the mail.....

At this point I may just email each respective graduate director and request my status, because it is beginning to take too much focus out of my day.

Does anyone know anything definitive about Clemson or Charlotte?

This wait is getting to be too intense!! Clemson has started notifying its 3 year M.arch applicants, but I do not have an email as of yet. Two people on gradcafe received their acceptance decisions already, but on different days....so I'm hoping this means they weren't sent out all at once... If I don't receive one tomorrow i'll assume a rejection letter is in the mail.....

At this point I may just email each respective graduate director and request my status, because it is beginning to take too much focus out of my day.

Does anyone know anything definitive about Clemson or Charlotte?

I emailed Clemson's graduate director and was told to check my SCHOOL email account. My school switched to a new server and was no longer fowarding emails to my gmail account as it is supposed to (of, I did not know this!). So, there it was, my acceptance from Clemson was sent out yesterday. I might actually get home to South Carolina!!