USC

Devyn

I am in the same position with you ! I sent my transcript last December but they missed it so that I had to resend it again. My application was not completed until mid March when I emailed Amber asking my status. I was told I will receive a decision letter no later than the end of April. So I guess you will probably get one around that time. If you are quite nervous about your status, don't hesitate to email or call them. Good luck to us :rolleyes:

I'm kind of in the same postion. I had submitted my application on 1/13, but apparently there was an issue with my transcripts. I had proof that they had been sent well before the deadline, so they're still considering my application complete by 1/15. Even though I technically made the deadline, my transcripts weren't in the office until March 2, so I don't think they started looking at my app until then! I'm not sure when I'll be hearing back :huh: However, I haven't recieved a rejection letter, so I'll stay optimistic until then!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the same position with you ! I sent my transcript last December but they missed it so that I had to resend it again. My application was not completed until mid March when I emailed Amber asking my status. I was told I will receive a decision letter no later than the end of April. So I guess you will probably get one around that time. If you are quite nervous about your status, don't hesitate to email or call them. Good luck to us :rolleyes:

That makes me feel better! I was figuring I was the only one whos transcript was misplaced/lost in the mail :unsure: Thank you for letting me know about what you found out though! I'm going to give it a few more days, then I'll email Amber too. Good luck!!

I got the email from Amber saying my application was complete by the Jan 15th deadline on March 25th. Called the admissions office a week later, and they told me my app was in review and to expect something in the next couple weeks. Still no word, but I guess two weeks would be up on the 15th. Trying to decide whether to be hopeful blink.gif

Edit: Just called again and got the same answer, my application is in final review and I should hear something via postal mail in "two weeks." Asked if that was two weeks from the date I called a week ago or from today's date. She said since it is still in final review, probably two weeks from today's date. Extend waiting. angry.gif

Edited by sassypjs24

I received my big packet today from USC. Letter was dated for 4/8/11. I have until 4/18/11 to let them know. FINALLY!!!! The wait was driving me crazy!!!! Good Luck to the rest of you!

Edited by Victory2011

I only applied to UCLA and CSULB...

Actually heard back from CSULB in early Feb. stating that the School of Social Work has nominated me for admissions to the University and that I should be expecting a formal offer from the University soon. I just received a formal admissions offer from CSULB on 3/11 via postal mail...the letter was sent out 3/04.

Now I'm just waiting for UCLA....which is slowly driving me crazy and I'm just waiting for March to be over with.

Hi,

When did you submit your application to CSULB? I submitted mine in January and still no word.

Congrats FroggyMSW ! Thanks for you information.

I still hear nothing from them though~ However, you hopefully bring a good news here and I look forward to receive my letter soon.

Congrats Victory!

I received my admission letter today as well, dated April 8th also! Will you be attending UPC?

Congratulation! Unfortunately, I am still in the waiting process... ><' ah, this wait is driving me crazy!

I received my big packet today from USC. Letter was dated for 4/8/11. I have until 4/18/11 to let them know. FINALLY!!!! The wait was driving me crazy!!!! Good Luck to the rest of you!

I wrote Amber an e-mail today and she told me that the department just started reviewing applications for the March 15th deadline but have not sent out any letters. I applied March 10th and she said I will hear anytime between now and June.

I hope that helps anyone!

Yes- that does help. :) I applied right before the deadline so I'm not expecting word anytime soon.

I wrote Amber an e-mail today and she told me that the department just started reviewing applications for the March 15th deadline but have not sent out any letters. I applied March 10th and she said I will hear anytime between now and June.

I hope that helps anyone!

Which deadline was your application in for?

Which deadline was your application in for?

Sassy, I received my admittance the same day as Victory, and my application was for the January 15th deadline.

Good luck and keep us updated!!

When I wrote to Amber in mid March ,she told me she was able to consider me for the 1.15 deadline. But I have not received any reponse till now. The waiting is driving me crazy. Meanwhile I have to make a final decision on WUSTL's acceptance at the end of this month. By the way, does USC really beats WUSTL?

An update... I just received an e-mail from John Lee informing me that my application is under review.

I received an e-mail from Amber on the 15th of April informing me that my application has been processed and will be sent for faculty review.

Update: I got in!!!! I got my acceptance packet telling me to respond by FRIDAY (April 22nd) as to whether I am going for sure. I think I am, but I am still riding the high of being accepted and financial aid is unsure for me.

My application was under review by the January 15th deadline and was under review at the end of March.

I have info from a valid source saying that all the notifications for the Jan 15th deadline apps were sent out on Friday, April 15th.

Also in case anyone wants to know, here are my stats: GPA 3.33, no GRE, about two years of experience, but I'm only 21 years old, straight out of Pepperdine University, and I am caucasian/American Indian.

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a while since someone last posted on here. Is anyone still waiting to hear back from USC? Have you received any e-mail/letter yet? If anyone has any update on USC admission, please let us know. Thank you! :]

Edited by cdinh007

It has been a while since someone last posted on here. Is anyone still waiting to hear back from USC? Have you received any e-mail/letter yet? If anyone has any update on USC admission, please let us know. Thank you! :]

I'm still waiting to hear back, too. I submitted my application in early February and my status online changed just last week to "Your file has been forwarded to the academic department..." That's been it, though. I haven't received anything else. I'm hoping I hear something soon.

I have just recieved the acceptance letter via express mail. But I won't take it due to the high price tag, which is one of the most expensice MSW program in the nation. I think no one could have such a bad luck like me. I submitted my application by the Jan.15 deadline but had to resend my official transcript in mid March for the reason that the officiers missed it!!! :angry: I don't know whether you guys recieved an interview invitation, but I did. It is really the most simple interview that I have seen, just two rough qustions. Before I get the paper acceptance letter from the Graduate Office, I was notified by the Social Work School via email. Honestly to say, the administrative staffs are very kind, but I don't think their administrative system works so well. Good luck to all of you!

hey cdinh007 - if you gain entrance into USC or any other schools, will you resend your CSUDH accpetance?

hey cdinh007 - if you gain entrance into USC or any other schools, will you resend your CSUDH accpetance?

Yes, I will. I am waiting to hear back from CSULB. I heard back from USC a couple of a days ago and found out I am on the waiting list.

I'm still waiting to hear back, too. I submitted my application in early February and my status online changed just last week to "Your file has been forwarded to the academic department..." That's been it, though. I haven't received anything else. I'm hoping I hear something soon.

I finally heard back from USC a couple of days ago. I am currently put on the waiting (alternate) list. I submitted my application mid February so you should be hearing back from them soon, hopefully. Are you considering to attend USC once you get admitted?

Edited by cdinh007

I finally heard back from USC a couple of days ago. I am currently put on the waiting (alternate) list. I submitted my application mid February so you should be hearing back from them soon, hopefully. Are you considering to attend USC once you get admitted?

I'm not sure. I'm in LA so it would be nice to stay in town and not deal with moving away for two years but USC is so expensive. Boston College and UT-Austin gave me pretty good funding offers so they're still my top choices right now. Of course I have yet to hear back from 'SC so they might not even come into play in my final decision :)