USC

Devyn

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I applied to USC....I haven't heard back.

Although I did receive a notification that my app was in a week ago (applied back in December) and I also was asked to fill out a supplementary financial aid form online (this was after I completed my FASFA)...

I wonder when we will hear back??

I haven't filled out my fasfa yet....should I? :blink: I am soo not savy when it comes to this stuff, luckily my parents took care of undergrad! Now its up too me! I called and they had received everything like in Jan?...I wonder if will really take till April to find out!

Yep, I applied to USC....I haven't heard back.

Although I did receive a notification that my app was in a week ago (applied back in December) and I also was asked to fill out a supplementary financial aid form online (this was after I completed my FASFA)...

I wonder when we will hear back??

Pumpkinpie I got the same thing you did. I haven't yet figure out how to submit my U.S. citizen proof(which is a copy of my passport). I heard some other USC programs have made some announcements already. I am getting more and more anxious each day <_<:rolleyes:

Re: CSU's.

I applied to CSUEB and CSULB a couple weeks ago. I got a letter from East Bay today instructing me to set up a net ID and was subsequently assigned a school email address but my application is still pending. And the waiting game continues... :)

HI,

I'm sorry to bud in here, but I'm assuming that all of you are talking about the on-site program?

I was thinking about applying for the USC's online MSW program, do any of you know if it's hard to get into? I'm assuming it's easier since it starts four times a year.

if anyone has any experience with this program, I'd appreciate the feedback.

thanks,

I applied pretty early, like late nov/dec. I guess we won't find out 100% what our reward is until July...

This makes it especially hard to make a decision if you don't know how much your education will be funded. Hmmmm.....

Thanks for sharing the info and again, CONGRATSSSS !!!!! :)

Hey Guys! I filled out the fasfa and the supplemental form online (calling their Financial Aid office) ....still haven't heard anything....getting nervous..... I applied early Jan....hopefully something will come soon.... I AM DYING!!!!! Also, Cal States... no word?

Hey Everyone...

This is a question for those who have heard from USC. I got an email today, confirming my application complete? However, its been complete since Jan 12th???? Also I was just assuming this might be the same email that you guys got when it asked you to fill out the supplemental form for Fin Aid.... Considering I already completed it... it was maybe all of four sentences... Just curious if this is what you recieved?

-Dev

I submitted my application on almost the same date as yours. But I was informed incomplete because of lacking official transcript and have to resend it. I do not know when they can begin reviewing my application and reach a decision. Just wait, they seem to have the slowest processing.

Hey Everyone...

This is a question for those who have heard from USC. I got an email today, confirming my application complete? However, its been complete since Jan 12th???? Also I was just assuming this might be the same email that you guys got when it asked you to fill out the supplemental form for Fin Aid.... Considering I already completed it... it was maybe all of four sentences... Just curious if this is what you recieved?

-Dev

Hey Everyone...

-Dev

The one for the Supplemental Fin Aid was pretty specific, so there was no confusion there. I have never received an email stating my application was complete. I actually had to resend my transcripts because they never reached the Graduate Office, even though I sent them in late November. I haven't really received any correspondence, other than the financial aid, but I did stop getting emails that my application was incomplete, that's a good sign, right? I would call and ask Amber Payne, she is super helpful and friendly.

Yeah, It is Amber who emails me too. She is quite kind. But aftering sending her my transcript, she did not response me any more. My status still remains We are reviewing ……for almost two months. Hoping she will confirm me my application complete soon.

The one for the Supplemental Fin Aid was pretty specific, so there was no confusion there. I have never received an email stating my application was complete. I actually had to resend my transcripts because they never reached the Graduate Office, even though I sent them in late November. I haven't really received any correspondence, other than the financial aid, but I did stop getting emails that my application was incomplete, that's a good sign, right? I would call and ask Amber Payne, she is super helpful and friendly.

Yeah, It is Amber who emails me too. She is quite kind. But aftering sending her my transcript, she did not response me any more. My status still remains We are reviewing ……for almost two months. Hoping she will confirm me my application complete soon.

They are not good at updating. I think my status on their website will remain "We are reviewing..." even after I receive a decision.

dubi, were you accepted? also! Where are you checking your status??? I would love to check that EVERYDAY in anticipation...hahahha Ya, I don't think I should call Amber because it just stated that my application was complete... so there weren't any problems... Therefore I would just be annoying her. Also, we are supposed to hear by April! sooooo 2-6 weeks..... right-is this the time frame everyone has?

-d

I only applied to UCLA and CSULB...

Actually heard back from CSULB in early Feb. stating that the School of Social Work has nominated me for admissions to the University and that I should be expecting a formal offer from the University soon. I just received a formal admissions offer from CSULB on 3/11 via postal mail...the letter was sent out 3/04.

Now I'm just waiting for UCLA....which is slowly driving me crazy and I'm just waiting for March to be over with.

dubi, were you accepted? also! Where are you checking your status??? I would love to check that EVERYDAY in anticipation...hahahha Ya, I don't think I should call Amber because it just stated that my application was complete... so there weren't any problems... Therefore I would just be annoying her. Also, we are supposed to hear by April! sooooo 2-6 weeks..... right-is this the time frame everyone has?

-d

Devyn, I wish I was accepted. I haven't heard anything yet. I check my status on the same link where we submitted our applications (below), but I'm not even sure if they're planning to update decisions on that site (just anxious habit). I wish I already knew! I'm originally from so. cal and would love to move back home.

https://app.applyyourself.com/?id=USC-GRAD

Ok Guys, I had a MAJOR issue with my application which was corrected, BUT!

I called USC admissions office today, apparently my app is making the rounds for reviewing... (i.e. she couldn't change something on it, because it was already under review!)

Hopefully this means I will be hearing soon!! I AM SO NERVOUS! any guesses at the time frame? :huh:

I also applied early January, hope my app is being reviewed as well....This waiting game is getting me NERVOUS!!!!

Hi, guys!

I've been lurking these boards for the past few weeks and promised myself I'd sign up to be a member if I had something to add to the conversations! I finally do - I applied to USC last October and just received my acceptance "packet" (there's no other way to describe it, it's pretty large) in the mail yesterday. Included was my acceptance letter and load of pages welcoming me to the program. Funding info is apparently to follow...which I would badly need if I were to accept their offer! :/ (Is anyone out there pretty informed on their funding and how generous they tend to be?) I only applied to one other institution, so I'm waiting to hear back on that...in the meantime, USC is apparently giving me until March 29th to accept their offer. Doesn't that seem pretty early? I feel as if I'm getting very little time to decide! It's crunch-time, that's for sure!

Good luck to all other potential Trojans! :)

Hi, guys!

I've been lurking these boards for the past few weeks and promised myself I'd sign up to be a member if I had something to add to the conversations! I finally do - I applied to USC last October and just received my acceptance "packet" (there's no other way to describe it, it's pretty large) in the mail yesterday. Included was my acceptance letter and load of pages welcoming me to the program. Funding info is apparently to follow...which I would badly need if I were to accept their offer! :/ (Is anyone out there pretty informed on their funding and how generous they tend to be?) I only applied to one other institution, so I'm waiting to hear back on that...in the meantime, USC is apparently giving meacc until March 29th to accept their offer. Doesn't that seem pretty early? I feel as if I'm getting very little time to decide! It's crunch-time, that's for sure!

Good luck to all other potential Trojans! :)

Erinl congrats on your acceptance!!! I guess I have some time to wait considering I just applied in January :(

Erinl congrats on your acceptance!!! I guess I have some time to wait considering I just applied in January :(

Well i applied by the Jan. 15th date and so did another girl at my university and she received her acceptance letter yesterday....so now I am very impatient and nervous!