March 1st!!!

pinot noir

I just keep checking the results page and try to find solace that no one has heard back from the programs I applied to.

I'm so worried though. I have yet to find ANYONE else in this entire forum that has only applied to one school. I guess I just don't want to settle for a plan B. What's wrong with me!?!?!? AHHHH!!!!

I just keep checking the results page and try to find solace that no one has heard back from the programs I applied to.

I'm so worried though. I have yet to find ANYONE else in this entire forum that has only applied to one school. I guess I just don't want to settle for a plan B. What's wrong with me!?!?!? AHHHH!!!!

If it makes you feel any better, I've only applied to one school and I've got no Plan B. Will probably be regretting this strategy in a couple weeks...

I also applied to only one program. It's stressful to have so much riding on a single decision!

I also applied to only one program. It's stressful to have so much riding on a single decision!

For me it is two programs of the same school to work with the same POI. One rejected me, the other one is torturing me...

Yesterday I was crazy ans really stressed. Today, I am depressed. Please, let me be happy tomorrow!

For me it is two programs of the same school to work with the same POI. One rejected me, the other one is torturing me...

Yesterday I was crazy ans really stressed. Today, I am depressed. Please, let me be happy tomorrow!

Wow, it's true, misery does love company. Somehow I feel better knowing I'm not alone.

I applied to three programs at the same school, for the same reason. I've got one rejection and haven't heard from the other two. I realized today though that I should expect a rejection for another program soon since their website said they do interviews in February and I was not contacted for one.

*sigh*

If it makes you feel any better, I've only applied to one school and I've got no Plan B. Will probably be regretting this strategy in a couple weeks...

*Hug*

I felt very bad cuz I got the rejection email from my dream school today...

Before this, I got rejected by my safety school in January.

So Im pretty much screwed here...I did not apply many schools either and I do not have a plan-B either...

Im so dead now..

=(

I've also only applied to one school as I'm stuck in my city for a while. I know to expect my decision in about a week and a half, and I really can't stomach the waiting anymore. I just want to know so I can start making plans in either direction.

Every time I check my inbox and don't find news from my schools there I die a little inside. The results page has become just another location for me to obsessively check every two hours.

Although it has given me a little bit of solace because nobody else has heard from the department I applied to yet, and in past years decisions haven't gone out until March 12 at the earliest. The other school however... well people are already starting to post rejections. I pray that I'm not next :(

But is sounds like you may have "God" on your side. :)

I know what you mean about March. I am having pre-mailbox panic/anxiety attacks. When i discover only junkmail inside, I vehemently tear it into shreds while simultaneously feeling a deep sense of relief that at least it wasn't a rejection letter!!

I really only applied to one school. I have a rather lame back-up plan which involves school somewhere (vaguely realized at this point), but I am sort of in the all for nothing boat as well. Part of it was finances, the other part of it was the fact that at the time I thought I had a good chance. After reading all the posts and some of the fellow applicants stats to similar programs, I am panicking a bit.

My solution is to keep checking the application web page over and over and over again. And I occasionally think they are tracking how many times I log on and will reject me if I seem neurotic!

I only applied to one school but my plan b is indirectly tied to grad school so its a matter of going this year or in a couple. Still freaking the hell out though lol. Past results show within 2 weeks I should know.

I think it depends what you are applying for, right? If you are a perfect fit for the department, and you have great stats, and you think you are a shoe-in for it, I guess it makes sense to apply to only one (although that would scare me, too!!). I went big, because my GREs were about to expire, and I don't have the money to apply again next year. So it was all or nothing. With creative writing, it's sooooooo competitive, so I decided to apply to as many schools as I could. As everybody on here keeps saying, it's a "craps shoot", and you never know if you're going to be the thing they're looking for, or if you will get beat out by somebody who's just an inch better. I wish you all best of luck!

I was told that I would hear from Columbia by March 1st - which has not happened. Can't stop my heart from jumping out of my chest every time I have a new email. Has anyone else applied to GSAPP and received a response?? Trying to be patient and not freak out - it's difficult.

I had a bit of a melt-down last night after being paralyzed and unable to work on my masters thesis for several weeks. The waiting has been killing me.

But we need to all take a moment, take some deep breaths and remind ourselves of a few things (I'm saying this for my own good as much as anyone else's).

1. Worrying about it is not going to change the outcome. It will either happen or it won't.

2. We are all obviously bright people and are already ahead of much of the world's population in terms of education. We wouldn't be applying for grad school if we weren't worthwhile. So if we get rejected, we will find something else. We don't NEED this, we just want it really badly.

Good luck everyone!

:)

You're right, of course.

And of course, it doesn't matter... Knowing these things doesn't make the wait any easier. But thanks for lifting everybody's spirit! It's important. It's nice to be reminded by someone who's in the same situation that it's not the end of the world (and I'm just talking about the anticipation. Haven't even been rejected YET!)

wacko.gif

This might just be my field, but a lot of the schools I applied to are delayed in their decision making this year due to the excessive amount of applications (one schools received 630 applications--they only take 30 students into their program each year). I had been expecting to hear back from some schools by now, and have confirmed that--at the EARLIEST--I will start hearing from schools by the END of March now.

It's a painful waiting game. But we made it through February and we'll make it through March as well. Chin up!

Hi FutureSLP

I'm curious, how did your department confirm that info (delayed notification)?

Thank you!

This might just be my field, but a lot of the schools I applied to are delayed in their decision making this year due to the excessive amount of applications (one schools received 630 applications--they only take 30 students into their program each year). I had been expecting to hear back from some schools by now, and have confirmed that--at the EARLIEST--I will start hearing from schools by the END of March now.

It's a painful waiting game. But we made it through February and we'll make it through March as well. Chin up!

I had a bit of a melt-down last night after being paralyzed and unable to work on my masters thesis for several weeks. The waiting has been killing me.

But we need to all take a moment, take some deep breaths and remind ourselves of a few things (I'm saying this for my own good as much as anyone else's).

1. Worrying about it is not going to change the outcome. It will either happen or it won't.

2. We are all obviously bright people and are already ahead of much of the world's population in terms of education. We wouldn't be applying for grad school if we weren't worthwhile. So if we get rejected, we will find something else. We don't NEED this, we just want it really badly.

Good luck everyone!

:)

thank you soo much!.. :) I love this particular part :lol:

2. We are all obviously bright people and are already ahead of much of the world's population in terms of education