Application Status

Daniela

I am so obsessed with checking my application status' on the University's websites, but honestly, how often do you really think these things are updated? i.e. If the committee were to look at my application today and accept/reject me, wouldn't you think they would have to process it and have it take at least overnight for it to go through the website for it show up as "Accepted/Rejected"?

Even though this probably makes sense, I still check 1,000 times a day, just to make sure... :D *Paranoia*

Edited by Daniela

I am so obsessed with checking my application status' on the University's websites, but honestly, how often do you really think these things are updated? i.e. If the committee were to look at my application today and accept/reject me, wouldn't you think they would have to process it and have it take at least overnight for it to go through the website for it show up as "Accepted/Rejected"?

Even though this probably makes sense, I still check 1,000 times a day, just to make sure... :D *Paranoia*

I do to. Frankly some people said they were accepted weeks ago and there's still an "under review" beside their name. Same with rejection. I'm not sure when we'll hear.

What really bothers me is that my application for one of the schools was due February 15th- I handed it in October 5th! I called them last week to ask for an update of my status, the admissions people (in the general office) were shocked to see a decision wasn't made because my application was there for so long. So they forwarded my call to the actual department. The department said they haven't even LOOKED at it yet!

I do to. Frankly some people said they were accepted weeks ago and there's still an "under review" beside their name. Same with rejection. I'm not sure when we'll hear.

Yeah, it's most likely that you will receive an email or snail mail before you see the decision online, but some people do see their decision (even acceptances) by checking the status website before they get an email or snail mail. So it does happen.

Keep in mind that when you go in a rejection pile, you are alongside many other people. It's not just updating one profile (which may take 4 seconds or 4 minutes to get into), but that entire pile. Sometimes they just put off the biggest pile till last when they have more time. Sucks but understandable.

UMD is driving me crazy.... application due 12/1, the first people on gradcafe heard back on 2/11, but I haven't heard anything yet. I broke down and e-mailed them yesterday because I couldn't take it anymore. Now someone posted that they got rejected today and I still haven't heard anything. I can't even figure out if it's good or bad. Arrrgh...

Edited by A_Murphy

What really bothers me is that my application for one of the schools was due February 15th- I handed it in October 5th! I called them last week to ask for an update of my status, the admissions people (in the general office) were shocked to see a decision wasn't made because my application was there for so long. So they forwarded my call to the actual department. The department said they haven't even LOOKED at it yet!

I have almost the exact same situation. I actually needed to check that I wasn't the person who wrote this post... I submitted October 15th (thought maybe I just missed the one...) I think that this is part of what is driving me so crazy, is that I submitted it so long ago.

My spouse checked his application status online a few days ago and it says "accepted", but he hasn't received any email or mail yet. It certainly does happen, and it's a bit frustrating because we don't know anything about finances or acceptance deadlines to that particular program.

I've decided if people have already gotten rejected from your school and you haven't... then no news is good news

UMD is driving me crazy.... application due 12/1, the first people on gradcafe heard back on 2/11, but I haven't heard anything yet. I broke down and e-mailed them yesterday because I couldn't take it anymore. Now someone posted that they got rejected today and I still haven't heard anything. I can't even figure out if it's good or bad. Arrrgh...

I have almost the exact same situation. I actually needed to check that I wasn't the person who wrote this post... I submitted October 15th (thought maybe I just missed the one...) I think that this is part of what is driving me so crazy, is that I submitted it so long ago.

It makes me mad, because when I was applying, the admissions counselor told me that applying "very early" will mean I will hear earlier. She obviously didn't know what she was talking about because when I spoke to the actual department the other day, they told me that they do not look at ANY applications until the deadline has been reached. Which means my application has been collecting dust for at least 4 months and counting... :(

My spouse checked his application status online a few days ago and it says "accepted", but he hasn't received any email or mail yet. It certainly does happen, and it's a bit frustrating because we don't know anything about finances or acceptance deadlines to that particular program.

This is what keeps me checking even though I basically KNOW (from past threads) that all of my schools email or snail mail first... I tell myself: Maybe this hour (or this minute... haha) they decided to change my website status!

That can happen?? You have got to be kidding me.