Southeast CSD Acceptance

katie1989

Hey Ya'll

I am graduating from UF this semester, and not seeing too many southeast graduate school information. Anyone apply to schools in Florida, Georgia, and Alabama? Thanks!

I applied in GA, Fl, Al, and TN. The only school I have heard back from is Georgia State University. I applied to UF as well. How is the program there? Do you know when they should be making decisions?

Hey! I didnt apply to ga state, I prob should have. I am not sure when UF is responding. I applied to valdosta too and havent heard anything. I also applied to west ga, alabama, UF, FSU, UCF, USF.

Hey! I didnt apply to ga state, I prob should have. I am not sure when UF is responding. I applied to valdosta too and havent heard anything. I also applied to west ga, alabama, UF, FSU, UCF, USF.

Yea. I should have applied to USF... They seem to have a great program and Tampa would have been a cool city! Oh well. I am hoping I have a few choices and some funding opportunities... These out of state schools will get expensive without it!

Hey is UA, University of Alabama? May be a dumb question, but I havent heard anything from them. I havent heard anything from anyone..I am freaking out

I

Yes it is Alabama. I applied for summer admission though, so mine may have come quicker than if you applied for Fall. Stay positive! Hopefully more schools will send info soon!

ok, thats what I thought.

How did they let you know?

Postal service. The letter was dated Feb. 21st... Also it could depend on how early you sent in your applications. Other than Tennessee, I sent mine in at the beginning of January and mid-December. Who knows how the process works.. Oh and a friend who emailed Valdosta said decisions would not be made til April. Hope this helps... Did you apply for the scholarship at FSU? I think it was the literacy grant.... I have not applied and was wondering if I should wait until I get accepted/rejected. (hopefully we both get accepted)

ok, thats what I thought.

How did they let you know?

Postal service. The letter was dated Feb. 21st... Also it could depend on how early you sent in your applications. Other than Tennessee, I sent mine in at the beginning of January and mid-December. Who knows how the process works.. Oh and a friend who emailed Valdosta said decisions would not be made til April. Hope this helps... Did you apply for the scholarship at FSU? I think it was the literacy grant.... I have not applied and was wondering if I should wait until I get accepted/rejected. (hopefully we both get accepted)

Hey,

I am not sure..but I didnt get into FSU..stupid GRE score.

But I still havent heard from anyone else, I am getting pretty let down. I am starting to wonder if I should make a plan B for next year.

At this point I am hoping for Valdosta or West Georgia to come through. I really dont want to wait a year before I go to school

Hi SLP24,

I noticed that you have been accepted to Georgia State. Did you receive an email or did your status change on the GSU website? When did you find out? I haven't heard anything yet and I feel so anxious! Congratulations!

Hi SLP24,

I noticed that you have been accepted to Georgia State. Did you receive an email or did your status change on the GSU website? When did you find out? I haven't heard anything yet and I feel so anxious! Congratulations!

Thank you. I found out yesterday close to 5 in my email. I checked my status about 3 times during the day and nothing had changed. Then when I finally checked it last night, there was congratulations. I am also going to be sent snail mail as well. This was a long wait, so I really hope you hear something soon too and good luck!

For alabama, did your status change on the website?

I don't know. I am not sure how to check it.... Honestly, I probably would not be able to remember my password. But, I was supposed to let them know my decision by March 15... so maybe they will have another round coming up soon.. If you have not received a rejection letter, then I would think thats still a good sign.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Any new decisions? I am still waiting on Georgia State and have a bad feeling since I still have not heard anything. My husband has a great job in Atlanta and we have a house, so it's the only school I applied to.

still watiing on valdosta!!

Valdosta said in the beginning of april we should hear. If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Gahh I want to know now. I'm only waiting on them and 2 more schools at this time. 1010 on the GRE & 3.5 in the major, 3.3 overall.