Southeast CSD Acceptance

katie1989

Hey,

Did you see the result from the girl that was able tologin to banner system? Have you tried and gotten to see your student schedule like her? I can get to all of it and I try to access the fall term and i cant...can you? I am starting to really get nervous now..

Hey have you had any changes?

no still nothing! i had a dream last night that someone updated on grad cafe and said they were accepted-- ugh! i'm feeling like a loser. I'm really hoping I get into this school, as it's my top choice... gah! what about you still waiting on others?

Does anyone know anything about the program at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center? Is the program good for a medical-focus? (I know they have a medical tract for students interested in pursuing that route instead of the school setting). Does anyone know about the clinical placements?

Does anyone know anything about the program at the University of Tennessee Health Science Center? Is the program good for a medical-focus? (I know they have a medical tract for students interested in pursuing that route instead of the school setting). Does anyone know about the clinical placements?

I don't know anything about them personally, except for what I read on the website... I still have not heard anything from them! There is a newsletter on I think the first page that states what has been happening in the program for the last 2 years and it was very informative. Along with the medical track, they are going to offer I think adult neurogenics, a Dementia specialty, and something else. My main concern is cost because I do not think anyone said they got funding and even if I did get accepted, I am out of state tuition. Oh and in the newsletter, it made it seem like all the on campus clinics were not in the same place and that they were trying to build a new speech and hearing clinic. They are in the process of raising money. Did you go to their interview? I wonder what specific internship sites they have.

I don't know anything about them personally, except for what I read on the website... I still have not heard anything from them! There is a newsletter on I think the first page that states what has been happening in the program for the last 2 years and it was very informative. Along with the medical track, they are going to offer I think adult neurogenics, a Dementia specialty, and something else. My main concern is cost because I do not think anyone said they got funding and even if I did get accepted, I am out of state tuition. Oh and in the newsletter, it made it seem like all the on campus clinics were not in the same place and that they were trying to build a new speech and hearing clinic. They are in the process of raising money. Did you go to their interview? I wonder what specific internship sites they have.

I'm going there in the fall and from what I know they said they were unsure how many/if any assistantships they would have to offer. I'm in state tuition though, so it's not too disheartening although I'd love to have one eventually for my resume. The most helpful thing for looking at their off campus clinics is definitely that newsletter.

I'm going there in the fall and from what I know they said they were unsure how many/if any assistantships they would have to offer. I'm in state tuition though, so it's not too disheartening although I'd love to have one eventually for my resume. The most helpful thing for looking at their off campus clinics is definitely that newsletter.

Congrats on your decision! Have you started buying all orange yet?

Hi,

I had my interview via phone on March 10 and received a response from then via e-mail on March 16 notifying me of my acceptance (less than 1 week later, which is really fast, in my opinion). I'm an out-of-state applicant and have not visited. I had originally applied to this school b/c of the medical specialty option so I am definitely interested in the TBI/neurogenics population. I, too, would like a more detailed list (other than the details I received during my phone interview) of clinical placements, etc.

Buying orange is gonna be difficult for me because I'm a Gator! It's gonna be such a weird transition.

My first orange comes in tomorrow...I can't wait to start wearing it!

That is exciting! I just found out the other day I am still being considered for the program.. They were missing something before.

Oh yeah? Well I hope you decide to attend! All the faculty are very knowledgeable and helpful