Canadian Applications/Admissions

Beth F

I hope you don't mind this newbie starting a new topic, but I figure that because things are done a bit differently in America's Hat, we should have our own space for it.

I just received my first application result - #3 on the waitlist for Drawing and Painting at Concordia. I have no idea how likely it is that my waitlist spot could turn into a confirmed place at Concordia, but at least it makes me a bit optimistic for other results (being that Concordia is one of the most popular programs in the country).

I'm now waiting on NSCAD, Western (UWO), and UManitoba. I just submitted my application to Manitoba the other day, due to their extremely late deadline. Fingers crossed! I also realized that there was an OAC grant application I submitted back in December that I haven't yet heard from.

Canadian here:

I've heard from:

OCADU - Interviewed Feb 15

Still Waiting on:

U of T

UBC

Other schools:

The Slade: Interviewed Feb 23

Cornell: Still waiting...

Best of Luck!

hey, here's some info on a few canadian schools -

guelph has made their choices, but you might be on a waitlist if you haven't heard back

concordia fibres and i think either new media or mixed media has made offers already

UWO has made their choices too. (i know all this through my own and friends' acceptances)

don't be shy about contacting the schools by phone to find out about waitlists, that's what they hire admin people for!

good luck!

I applied 8 Canadian Universities.

But now I recevied 3 rejected letters from UBC, UWO, Uwindsor(website).

It's reallyyyyyyyyy bad. I asked the advisor of Uguelph, they said the letters had been sent out on March 1st. I did't get it now ,but i dont think they will accept me..

I wanna know who apply Emily carr here????

Edited by maikacao

Does anyone know if there is a firm deadline on acceptances in Canada? It seems the states has an April 15th standard, but I've been asked to reply for April 1st to Concordia, I'd like to go, but I'm still waiting on interviews from the US...

Hi Guys! good luck to everyone applying!

I thought share my results,and it might shed some light of these universities time lines-

MFA Sculpture Fall 2011

York: accepted via phone Feb. 15th

Concordia: accepted via email on March 9th

Guelph: interviewed on Feb 5th, rejected by snail mail (arrived March 2nd)

Does anyone know if there is a firm deadline on acceptances in Canada? It seems the states has an April 15th standard, but I've been asked to reply for April 1st to Concordia, I'd like to go, but I'm still waiting on interviews from the US...

You could try letting your US choices know that you have received a firm deadline from another institution, and politely request if it's possible to let you know your unofficial status before that deadline via email. I tried this with RISD Sculpture and SAIC; it depends, of course, on how late they interview you; they may or may not be able to accommodate.

RISD was actually understanding, and said I could check back with them by the deadline. I have a FEELING I haven't been accepted there anyway, since I haven't heard a peep out of them...but then again I haven't been made aware of any acceptances gone out yet for my program.