Harris Decisions

madman

In, no funding. Email was time-stamped around 11:00, last name is toward the middle.

Very annoyed that the dates for their preview weekend are the same as Michigan's. Yet another reason to cross Harris off my list of contenders!

Good luck to everybody still waiting!

Very annoyed that the dates for their preview weekend are the same as Michigan's. Yet another reason to cross Harris off my list of contenders!

Agreed! I just go in about 2 hours ago and I was shocked that admit weekend is the same as Michigan's! that's pretty soon considering when I'm getting my decision :(

Agreed! I just go in about 2 hours ago and I was shocked that admit weekend is the same as Michigan's! that's pretty soon considering when I'm getting my decision :(

Like many others, I'm still waiting. Out of curiosity, when is the Harris admit weekend?

Has anyone heard yet this morning? I see several acceptances in the results from 3/27, but suspect some are from last night.

Also, for those who e-mailed Maggie, did anyone get a response?

No response from her...

Will the adcom work on Sunday?

No response from her...

Will the adcom work on Sunday?

I emailed Maggie Friday and received an unfunded offer via email Saturday. I would love to go to Chicago but the cost is almost prohibitive. Is anyone else wrestling with the same decision?

Edited by alec

I emailed Maggie Friday and received an unfunded offer via email Saturday. I would love to go to Chicago but the cost is almost prohibitive. Is anyone else wrestling with the same decision?

Yes! I got an unfunded admit. I'm considering still going but I already have significant undergrad debt so I'm not sure. It seems to me that there is a bright employment future after an MPP from Harris School but I'm not entirely sure. What are you thinking?

I am in the same situation. I'm debating between Heinz and Harris. I'm looking for a quantitative and domestic policy focused program, and both schools seem to match that criteria. I estimate that Harris would cost me an exta $5,000 per semester, or $20,000 over the two years and am trying to gauge if it's worth the extra money.

@ Slow and @Letsjustgo:

I'm deciding between Humphrey and Harris. I would have to take out loans to attend both schools. Frankly, I wouldn't mind taking out an additional $15,000 (in relative terms) to go to Harris. But I'm trying to ascertain if the rate of returns on a MPP would be enough to justify the accumulation of so much debt. Plus I'm sure a lot of people fund their education/ room and board via loans at the Harris School; it would be great to hear their experience in the school and on the job market. Let me know if you guys hear something about it.

@ "People who're anxiously waiting to hear from Chicago":

One of my acquaintances emailed Maggie and got a response today. She mentioned that the applicants would be receiving postal notifications Monday. I'm assuming the decisions are still steadily coming out. Good Luck.

Edited by alec

@ "People who're anxiously waiting to hear from Chicago":

One of my acquaintances emailed Maggie and got a response today. She mentioned that the applicants would be receiving postal notifications Monday. I'm assuming the decisions are still steadily coming out. Good Luck.

Got in Harris too. no funding. SIPA and Harris, which one is more expensive? I mean by living expenses...btw, I'm also waitlisted by HKS which is my top choice at first hand. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Paying deposit to one school means declining other two right? I'm an international student, so this is even more complicated right regarding visa predures. There is no way to choose one of the ads and wait for hks right?...thanks for anyone who can kindly provide any info on this deposit thing. thanks.

Got acceptance notification this evening (March 27). No funding though.... I really want to go to UC, but no funding makes it really hard to pass up HKS. We shall see...

My guess is NYC is more expensive but I could be wrong. However, if HKS is your top choice, it is up to you to decide if you are okay forfeiting whatever deposit money you pay to any school. Putting down a deposit does not mean you have to attend the school. It is just a way of securing your spot in the academic program. If you then decide not to attend, it is not an issue - the only problem is, you will not get your deposit money back from the school. So, you can pay your deposit money at any school, but you don't compulsorily have to attend that school. You only lose your deposit money :) Hope this makes sense.

My questions is: when is HKS going to let you know once you are off the waitlist? If it is past the April 15th deadline to respond to Harris or the May 2nd deadline to respond to SIPA (you can tell, I got into both schools since I know the deadlines...although I declined both for a better offer):P , then I will be on the safe side and make a deposit to one of these schools just to guarantee you a spot in one program instead of not paying anything and losing out totally on all the schools if HKS eventually gives you a DING...so weigh your options very well and plan :D

Got in Harris too. no funding. SIPA and Harris, which one is more expensive? I mean by living expenses...btw, I'm also waitlisted by HKS which is my top choice at first hand. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Paying deposit to one school means declining other two right? I'm an international student, so this is even more complicated right regarding visa predures. There is no way to choose one of the ads and wait for hks right?...thanks for anyone who can kindly provide any info on this deposit thing. thanks.

Hi all,

I got accepted over the weekend... received email w/ decision letter attached at 11pm Saturday night (central time). Also received Dean's Award! Good luck to those still waiting!