Harris Decisions

madman

I think they will just shut down their offices, will not send any email and they will notify us as of next week. Imagine how ridiculous will be to send another excuse/delay email.....fourth in a row!

still no news yet...it is 3:40 pm Chicago time.

i could not sleep well last night (it is 7:10 am my time now) and have to go for a 7 hours' TA+office hour soon. Hope i will be able to concentrate in class and knowing what i am talking about to the students, rather than thinking of if there is any emails come in.

Another irony... I applied only to Harris and one other MPP program. Harris decisions were supposed to be released by March 15 (I was even told on the phone that they always aim to release it much earlier!!!) while the other was scheduled for the end of March. Funny enough, school B sent out the decisions around March15th, notifying me that I was wait listed and would only really know by May 15... while Harris, we all know the rest :P And then I am offered to renew my contract for another year.... which I appreciate, but, sure enough, I asked them to wait on Harris' decision prior to accepting the renewal. Today the HR officer came by to find out about my decision... and, guess what, I showed him this forum to save myself :) and prove him that, like you all, I still CAN'T decide what's up with my own life in the year to come... Luckily enough, the HR officer has a good sense of humor, too!

And, GUESS WHAT, I just checked my email inbox and... NOTHING!!!!! hahahaha

I just got back from finishing some rounds of beer. If is a little after 11pm here in Africa. I must say that I am really disappointed with this attitude from Harris. I really think we should mention this level of incompetence to the Board of Directors at Harris :) oh well goodnight my people.

7:02pm!! I am gonna go have a beer to relief some of the anxiety!

Good luck everyone!!! Cheers!!!

I just got back from finishing some rounds of beer. If is a little after 11pm here in Africa. I must say that I am really disappointed with this attitude from Harris. I really think we should mention this level of incompetence to the Board of Directors at Harris :) oh well goodnight my people.

This is honestly embarrassing for Harris. Their Admissions Office is not on top of things and it makes me wonder about their Career Services and other departments. During the admissions process, they were my top choice but now....not a chance.

heard nothing back yet either sad.gif i'm surprised no one has emailed maggie decarlo?

and their dean quit

I wonder of someone on the admissions committee is sick or something because this behavior is certainly unusual.

This cannot help their yield rate at all.

Finally....I am in with no funding :( Maybe they saw my post on this forum. Lol. I already turned down the offer. Good luck to those still waiting and I hope those who have Chicago as their top choice got funding! Pheeeww.. and this concludes my MPP/MPA application process! That took a while :)

heard nothing back yet either sad.gif i'm surprised no one has emailed maggie decarlo?

and their dean quit

Finally....I am in with no funding :( Maybe they saw my post on this forum. Lol. I already turned down the offer. Good luck to those still waiting and I hope those who have Chicago as their top choice got funding! Pheeeww.. and this concludes my MPP/MPA application process! That took a while :)

Me too. In with no money.