Harris Decisions

madman

If it helps I received a rejection email a few days ago. Hopefully better news for the rest of you.

Sorry to hear that Traveler. Hopefully you're on to good things at another program!

(Were you the one then who posted in the results section about hearing on on the 22nd?)

Hahahaha ok. Just guessing... why are you so concerned with all this mess in your school´s admission`s office?... Following your argumentation, you should not. If a person is stupid and decides to base his decision on the admission´s office performance, then UChicago will recruit only super-smart-people (or non-stupid-admission´s office performance-decision-takers). I perceive some guiltiness in you, though.

I am nobody's "soldier", and I haven't spoken with Maggie DeCarlo in over a year. I am, however, trying to reduce the stress some of you are undergoing by dispelling ill-informed speculation - which doesn't help anyone.

In your own self-interest, the only things you should be considering when you choose a program are the quality of the education and finances. The admissions process can be frustrating, but it has nothing to do with what ultimately matters. You are hurting yourself if you base your decisions upon your satisfaction (or in this case, lack thereof) with the process.

Good luck.

Hahahaha ok. Just guessing... why are you so concerned with all this mess in your school´s admission`s office?... Following your argumentation, you should not. If a person is stupid and decides to base his decision on the admission´s office performance, then UChicago will recruit only super-smart-people (or non-stupid-admission´s office performance-decision-takers). I perceive some guiltiness in you, though.

Think what you want. It makes no difference to me.

What I was trying to do was provide some sound advice to prospective students, and to quell some of the sillier speculations on this board. A few years ago (when I was making my choice), I found this board helpful. I am merely trying to return the favour, based on my experience. People who have read my previous posts, or who have corresponded with me directly, know that I do not reflexively recommend Harris: this admissions season alone, I have steered two people away from Harris. In other cases, last year, I recommended Harris to some students and other programs to other students.

Come on... I was joking...

Actually, I am strongly convinced that Harris is just in time to deliver its decisions. Last week I got into Harvard´s MPP (my first choice), but the Kennedy School hasn´t made its decisions about financial aid.

So, right now, UChicago´s (my second choice) decisions are extremely relevant to me (because they come with financial aid decisions).

Cheers!

Think what you want. It makes no difference to me.

What I was trying to do was provide some sound advice to prospective students, and to quell some of the sillier speculations on this board. A few years ago (when I was making my choice), I found this board helpful. I am merely trying to return the favour, based on my experience. People who have read my previous posts, or who have corresponded with me directly, know that I do not reflexively recommend Harris: this admissions season alone, I have steered two people away from Harris. In other cases, last year, I recommended Harris to some students and other programs to other students.

hahahaha

I was stressing out with so much anxiety resulting from this eternal wait on Harris decisions, but since I discovered this Forum and everyone else who is stressing out even more than me I began to just enjoy the whole waiting process!! I have no doubt that the amount of anxiety around here is similar to the amount of pressure at Harris' admissions office at the moment!

At this point, I am just hoping that Maggie won't send another UPDATE tomorrow saying that the results will come anytime next week "in no particular order".... hahahhah

SkyDiver, unfortunately I have to agree with you on this one...something tells me she will come back with some e-mail saying we are still sending out the letters in no particular order...lol....then we have to wait until the end of the month to get results...it sucks!

hahahaha

I was stressing out with so much anxiety resulting from this eternal wait on Harris decisions, but since I discovered this Forum and everyone else who is stressing out even more than me I began to just enjoy the whole waiting process!! I have no doubt that the amount of anxiety around here is similar to the amount of pressure at Harris' admissions office at the moment!

At this point, I am just hoping that Maggie won't send another UPDATE tomorrow saying that the results will come anytime next week "in no particular order".... hahahhah

lol now instead of refreshing my inbox every 2 seconds, i'm refreshing this message board. i don' t know what i'll do if i'm waitlisted... i can't stand any more waiting!

anyways, apparently the place was "lit up like a christmas tree" into the late hours of the night, so hopefully that means we'll all get some news by the weekend.

]

SkyDiver, unfortunately I have to agree with you on this one...something tells me she will come back with some e-mail saying we are still sending out the letters in no particular order...lol....then we have to wait until the end of the month to get results...it sucks!

lol now instead of refreshing my inbox every 2 seconds, i'm refreshing this message board. i don' t know what i'll do if i'm waitlisted... i can't stand any more waiting!

anyways, apparently the place was "lit up like a christmas tree" into the late hours of the night, so hopefully that means we'll all get some news by the weekend.

Really? Where did you hear this?

HOw big is the Harris mpp program? I called them and no one answers the phone. Don't they have sth as a waitlist? Or they are just don't have time to send all the rejections??????? This is so weird. Can some close to CHicago give them a call or maybe stop by and see what they are doin right now.

uahauhauah

This forum is much more fun than my email inbox at the moment, that's for sure!!!

Now, what's more ironic than waiting for so long to finally receive a "Waiting List" decision??????

ahauhauahauhaua

"Can some close to CHicago give them a call or maybe stop by and see what they are doin right now."

"Can you stop by and ask them if they are okay with everything?...Are they still working on our stuff?"

YES, and whoever stops by... please take the chance to send each of us a NICE letter of admissions along with relevant financial aid!!! Thank you!!!!! That's all we need right now... That's not asking for much, is it? :)

I got in SIPA as the last 9% ... it was tough waiting, but nothing compare to this. At least they update their blog timely for information on the process. But for CHicago...things are working in an entirely different and ugly way...I thought they should be transparent than any other schools.

"Can some close to CHicago give them a call or maybe stop by and see what they are doin right now."

"Can you stop by and ask them if they are okay with everything?...Are they still working on our stuff?"

YES, and whoever stops by... please take the chance to send each of us a NICE letter of admissions along with relevant financial aid!!! Thank you!!!!! That's all we need right now... That's not asking for much, is it? :)

I think the question should be how many e-mails sent out by Harris do they really act on annually :angry: . Let us get the letters of admit/waitlist/reject and then start the process of worrying about full fellowships...lol....just sayin...not trying to be mean maitreli ;)

Does anyone know from previous years (or any other sources) about how many full fellowships does Harris offer anually?

No worries...I guess my question is not as relevant or timely at this point, since we don't know the main thing yet (whether we're in or not)...but I'm just dealing with this wait my own way and starting to make some calculations for myself. For me personally, an accept without financial aid is not gonna do any good unfortunately. But I know everyone's situation is different, so good luck to each of you according to your own expectations!

I think the question should be how many e-mails sent out by Harris do they really act on annually :angry: . Let us get the letters of admit/waitlist/reject and then start the process of worrying about full fellowships...lol....just sayin...not trying to be mean maitreli ;)

Guys please do not call them or annoy them by dropping by! You will cause them breakdown, they sound already anxious in their emails, and they will never send any decisions!!!

HOw big is the Harris mpp program? I called them and no one answers the phone. Don't they have sth as a waitlist? Or they are just don't have time to send all the rejections??????? This is so weird. Can some close to CHicago give them a call or maybe stop by and see what they are doin right now.

Now, what's more ironic than waiting for so long to finally receive a "Waiting List" decision??????

That sounds painful. It's noon (CST) and nothing yet...

I'm preparing myself for another "UPDATE" email delaying the decision. It's making me queasy just thinking about it. It's nice to be able to come here and vent to people who "understand."

HHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE IS OUR ADMIT/WAITLIST/REJECT LETTERS.....WE ARE WAITING INPATIENTLY. THIS WAITING IS KILLING ME AND MY KIDS CAN'T GET ANYTHING TO EAT BECAUSE I AM TOO FOCUSED UPDATING THIS FORUM...just kidding I don't have any kids but it is already 5pm here in Africa...phewwww. Maybe I should go out and have a drink with my buddies.

That sounds painful. It's noon (CST) and nothing yet...

I'm preparing myself for another "UPDATE" email delaying the decision. It's making me queasy just thinking about it. It's nice to be able to come here and vent to people who "understand."