Crickets. . .

I think it's spring break for a lot of people, so maybe that's way. It's only Wednesday, maybe there's some acceptances on the way for you!

Thanks, woolfie! Same to you! :)

I have to admit I'm pretty anxious. I didn't expect to be, but, maybe because it's my last school I'm starting to freak out. I was so calm up until now...

My plan is: if I don't hear back by the end of this week, to try and stop thinking about it. I wonder if it'll work.

I have to admit I'm pretty anxious. I didn't expect to be, but, maybe because it's my last school I'm starting to freak out. I was so calm up until now...

My plan is: if I don't hear back by the end of this week, to try and stop thinking about it. I wonder if it'll work.

If it does work, tell me your secret! :D

If it does work, tell me your secret! :D

Hahahaha deal.

I think that the last school I'm waiting on [uW], is reviewing PhD apps. first anyway [and I'm for MA], so, it's either get it together and get my reading done or keep sitting in front of my computer [wait this sounds like every other day].

Anyway I'll let you know. B)

Hahahaha deal.

I think that the last school I'm waiting on [uW], is reviewing PhD apps. first anyway [and I'm for MA], so, it's either get it together and get my reading done or keep sitting in front of my computer [wait this sounds like every other day].

Anyway I'll let you know. B)

I hope this doesn't worry you, but I was an MA applicant to UW who has already received a decision (rejection). It is very likely that my app didn't make it through a first elimination round or something like that. If this does make you more anxious, maybe this will help: since I (and a few other MA candidates, I think) have been rejected, you are still in the running!

Good luck!

I hope this doesn't worry you, but I was an MA applicant to UW who has already received a decision (rejection). It is very likely that my app didn't make it through a first elimination round or something like that. If this does make you more anxious, maybe this will help: since I (and a few other MA candidates, I think) have been rejected, you are still in the running!

Good luck!

Ah, yes Quentin, that does help! Though it probably won't help in tearing me away from my computer, haha. This is my last school, thus the anxiety. But it looks like you've got quite a few left on your roster so, good luck to you as well!

Ah, yes Quentin, that does help! Though it probably won't help in tearing me away from my computer, haha. This is my last school, thus the anxiety. But it looks like you've got quite a few left on your roster so, good luck to you as well!

I do, but, alas, nothing in the mail today. Here's to hoping for an afternoon e-mail...

Oh also, when I went to check the mailbox today the first thing I saw was a big envelope that said "university" along the side...... for the previous tenant of my apartment. Boo.

That is rough :-/ I had a similar experience today. I received a pretty big box from a university address (maybe a school was trying to bribe me with a large box of cash?!) but then I realized it was from a school that I did not apply to. My sister's fiance sent me stuff for their wedding from his father's office at UT Austin.

That is rough :-/ I had a similar experience today. I received a pretty big box from a university address (maybe a school was trying to bribe me with a large box of cash?!) but then I realized it was from a school that I did not apply to. My sister's fiance sent me stuff for their wedding from his father's office at UT Austin.

The cash comment made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the chuckle. :)

I'm okay with the silence this week. The 4 rejections last week was enough noise for me to enjoy this!!!! Still anxious.

Agreed! B)

(Hint: that emoticon is what I look like when I pretend to not be anxious about my two pending applications...)

God, and I thought it was bad to be waiting on one school! Granted, it's possibly made harder by the fact that NYU has already notified accepted and waitlisted applicants, because they had their visiting day already -- but when I called the DGS she said decisions hadn't gone out yet? And would be coming out this week? This week is now almost over, dammit! Just tell me I'm rejected already so that my brain will stop coming up with scenarios in which I'm not!

God, and I thought it was bad to be waiting on one school! Granted, it's possibly made harder by the fact that NYU has already notified accepted and waitlisted applicants, because they had their visiting day already -- but when I called the DGS she said decisions hadn't gone out yet? And would be coming out this week? This week is now almost over, dammit! Just tell me I'm rejected already so that my brain will stop coming up with scenarios in which I'm not!

YES! THIS! Not for the same school, but this for another school!! dry.gif

Thanks for posting this. I am waiting on NYU as well (and UVA and Penn State)....all three basically seem to be firming up their acceptances before sending out their rejections and if we haven't heard anything yet than it's probably rejection. I was going to email or call all the schools this coming week but it looks like NYU won't have a straight answer for me.

Thanks for posting this. I am waiting on NYU as well (and UVA and Penn State)....all three basically seem to be firming up their acceptances before sending out their rejections and if we haven't heard anything yet than it's probably rejection. I was going to email or call all the schools this coming week but it looks like NYU won't have a straight answer for me.

I'm also waiting on Penn State. (Plus SIX other schools, GAH.) I feel like I haven't seen too much action from them on the results board thus far.

I'm also waiting on Penn State. (Plus SIX other schools, GAH.) I feel like I haven't seen too much action from them on the results board thus far.

I am anxiously awaiting a decision from Boulder - I heard on here that they are not being sent out until this upcoming friday!! And that they're being sent snail mail!! The waiting game sucks.

They are taking soooo long this year. I have an offer, but I still haven't heard from EIGHT schools! I want to know if I got in anywhere else before I accept the offer, but the waiting is hard because I keep having nightmares (illogical though they may be) that they'll rescind my offer because I'm taking so long to accept. They gave me till April 15, but I want to just have everything set and start planning my move. It's annoying to be in graduate limbo. But hey, that's the whole adventure of it, i guess. later i'll look back on this experience and laugh. I hope.

They are taking soooo long this year. I have an offer, but I still haven't heard from EIGHT schools! I want to know if I got in anywhere else before I accept the offer, but the waiting is hard because I keep having nightmares (illogical though they may be) that they'll rescind my offer because I'm taking so long to accept. They gave me till April 15, but I want to just have everything set and start planning my move. It's annoying to be in graduate limbo. But hey, that's the whole adventure of it, i guess. later i'll look back on this experience and laugh. I hope.

I know how you feel. I have one acceptance now too, so I feel a lot better. But still, I really want to just know where I'll be moving to in June! good luck on your eight!