Waiting on HDS!

Trin

I didn't want to add to the MTS results thread because it would look like there had been results. I know a lot of us are waiting on HDS results, which could happen Real Soon Now. I've been reduced to refreshing my email and checking the app site. I'm also in class where we're talking about Hobbes' Leviathan. Oh,a nd I have that performance in 3.5 hours! What are yall doing to pass the time?

I didn't want to add to the MTS results thread because it would look like there had been results. I know a lot of us are waiting on HDS results, which could happen Real Soon Now. I've been reduced to refreshing my email and checking the app site. I'm also in class where we're talking about Hobbes' Leviathan. Oh,a nd I have that performance in 3.5 hours! What are yall doing to pass the time?

I'm with you on the refreshing and logging in to applyyourself. I was told ND would send out decisions by the end of the week so every day has been progressively more anxious. I'm going to go study Hebrew so I will stop thinking about it.

Also waiting on HDS MTS...

Someone on the results board claims to have been waitlisted...but I haven't received any results/notification via email or the application site. Anyone else know what's going on?

No, I am not heard anything either. Does anybody know how they release results? In batches? One at a time? I assumed that they would release them all at once, but apparently this is not the case.

Someone on the results board claims to have been waitlisted...but I haven't received any results/notification via email or the application site. Anyone else know what's going on?

I saw that too, and just shrugged it off because it said via website March 11th, and where I am, it is still March 10th.

But it did make me curious as to if certain results were released in concurrence to timezone (certain international applicants would hear before some others if it was based on an automatic system...?)

I doubt that the application engine is synchronized in such a way, but hey, maybe! (obviously the anticipation is beginning to get to me).

I saw that too, and just shrugged it off because it said via website March 11th, and where I am, it is still March 10th.

But it did make me curious as to if certain results were released in concurrence to timezone (certain international applicants would hear before some others if it was based on an automatic system...?)

I doubt that the application engine is synchronized in such a way, but hey, maybe! (obviously the anticipation is beginning to get to me).

To join in on the speculation, I noticed it said March 11th as well, but also, when I do anything on GradCafe, the times are wonky, so I am not sure that you can conclude the day corresponds with the time in the time zone where the person is located (like now might say 4:30 am as I write this on my computer or something like and its 10 pm here on the East coast)..

When I went on the Harvard visit, I was told that they would all be announced around the 15th of March, I did not get any indication that there would be waves of applications decisions sent out. But it is possible that all waitlisted people would know at say 8 am and all rejected people would know at 10 am and accepts would go out at noon, or something like that. That would make sense because it would perhaps eliminate the possibility that too many people would log on at once to find out their results.

Of course, I am just guessing. I could write volumes and volumes on the things I 'think adcom's must do' and is decidedly wrong or simply soothing my nerves.

Good luck all! May tomorrow be a good day whether everyone finds out, loses out, or simply realizes that no matter what, life goes on and for the good!

Of course, I am just guessing. I could write volumes and volumes on the things I 'think adcom's must do' and is decidedly wrong or simply soothing my nerves.

Good luck all! May tomorrow be a good day whether everyone finds out, loses out, or simply realizes that no matter what, life goes on and for the good!

Agreed-- here's to possibility!

My first performance went well, but there's still no HDS word! I'm gonna stay up late, because maybe it will happen in the middle of the night, like Santa coming! :-)

BTW, what time zones are we? I'm Pacific.

My first performance went well, but there's still no HDS word! I'm gonna stay up late, because maybe it will happen in the middle of the night, like Santa coming! :-)

BTW, what time zones are we? I'm Pacific.

Also Pacific

Things I'm doing right now:

Catching up on Tivo'd reality shows (Top Chef, Survivor, etc)

Looking at Tumblr about art students

Twitter

Flipping between Gmail and HDS app site

Things I'm not doing right now:

Working on paper on historical Muslim-American responses to evolution/creation debate

Working on paper on Cartesian dualism

Working on paper with undetermined topic for RELS & Anthro

Rehearsing monologue

Things I'm doing right now:

Catching up on Tivo'd reality shows (Top Chef, Survivor, etc)

Looking at Tumblr about art students

Twitter

Flipping between Gmail and HDS app site

Things I'm not doing right now:

Working on paper on historical Muslim-American responses to evolution/creation debate

Working on paper on Cartesian dualism

Working on paper with undetermined topic for RELS & Anthro

Rehearsing monologue

Wow, that sounds very similar to my evening. I really ought to write that draft of my senior thesis...

Best of luck!

After my initial acceptance to ANTS, I completely calmed down and forgot about graduate school for a little while and focused on the REST of my life (work, family, etc). I only dropped in here at GradCafe to check up on things, and to peruse forums. It was freeing. Normal. Healthy.

Cue this week. I've had a crazy busy week at work, so that has distracted me a little, but I keep logging in to the Harvard app website (waiting on HDS, MDiv program), refreshing my email.... Getting antsy. Last year they posted on the second Friday in March, and I've heard murmurs on here that they probably would do the same this year. So I'm getting a little more jittery.

Today? Totally bonkers. I've logged in to the app website three times, refreshed my email every ten seconds, and jump at the drop of a hat.

....any news yet?

After my initial acceptance to ANTS, I completely calmed down and forgot about graduate school for a little while and focused on the REST of my life (work, family, etc). I only dropped in here at GradCafe to check up on things, and to peruse forums. It was freeing. Normal. Healthy.

Cue this week. I've had a crazy busy week at work, so that has distracted me a little, but I keep logging in to the Harvard app website (waiting on HDS, MDiv program), refreshing my email.... Getting antsy. Last year they posted on the second Friday in March, and I've heard murmurs on here that they probably would do the same this year. So I'm getting a little more jittery.

Today? Totally bonkers. I've logged in to the app website three times, refreshed my email every ten seconds, and jump at the drop of a hat.

....any news yet?

No word on my end. I have decided that I have been about as crazy as I am willing to be over the decision and I am going to the library to finish my thesis. Besides, if I don't graduate, getting accepted will not matter.

Good luck all, sending good vibes!

No word on my end. I have decided that I have been about as crazy as I am willing to be over the decision and I am going to the library to finish my thesis. Besides, if I don't graduate, getting accepted will not matter.

Good luck all, sending good vibes!

Shoo, to the library!! You definitely need to graduate, hah. And at least you have a worthy distraction. I'm in the office, trying to focus on work and failing spectacularly.

Good luck on your thesis, and good luck to everyone!!

I was convinced my quantum physics and relativity test would take my mind off of things, however, time dilation and entanglement theory have only bolstered my imagination to find ways to transcend time and space... haha, damn it!

I'll just have to resort back to impulsive snacking for the next 6 hours.

Good luck to others, hope you find productive ways of distraction.

The stress is eating at me so much I am going to go see Battle:LA to pass the time.

I think I am more stressed that I may have to wait until Monday or worse Tuesday! In any event, it is now 4:13 and I have decided that if no decision is made by 5 pm, then I need to go back to work on my current school work. In the meantime, I popped back in to stress with everyone else!

• 4 weeks later...