MoMA and/or Whitney internships

ayan0624

I have a classmate who heard back today that she got it. Not sure why they haven't sent out any rejections. I need some closure!

• 3 months later...

Hi cocochanel

Have not heard anything yet about MoMA 2015/16 12 month internship yet... biding my time til August 10... 

Have you interviewed? 

I haven't heard either - I know they ask for transcripts and recommendations before they interview.  Has anyone been requested to submit those docs yet?

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
22 hours ago, amymiz said:

Hey algodecir 

I applied for the summer internship. Still not heard anything back though. How about you? 

I applied to both Whitney and MoMA.  Haven't heard from either! I suppose I'm being impatient, though.  What areas did you apply to? 

20 hours ago, algodecir said:

I applied to both Whitney and MoMA.  Haven't heard from either! I suppose I'm being impatient, though.  What areas did you apply to? 

I applied for drawing and prints, painting and sculpture and then film as my last option. What about you? 

Yeah I think we are being impatient, its not been long at all!

On 2/27/2017 at 9:51 AM, amymiz said:

I applied for drawing and prints, painting and sculpture and then film as my last option. What about you? 

Yeah I think we are being impatient, its not been long at all!

I applied to Painting and Sculpture, Media and Performance Art, and Publications.  I have a funny feeling there were probably a ton of Painting and Sculpture applicants!

• 2 weeks later...

Summer 2017 applicant here - I applied in late January to Education, Arch & Design, and International Programs. Haven't heard anything yet. Notification for Summer 2017 is supposed to be April 7.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Lola362 said:

Any news on summer 2017? 

I have no news from MOMA or Whitney! I just received an offer for another museum yesterday, and they need to know my answer by Monday, so I'm a bit panicky at the moment! I think I am going to send an e-mail asking for the status of my submission.

15 hours ago, Lola362 said:

Congratulations! Yeah I would just like to know where I stand. If anyone's heard from the MoMA let me know! 

I'm also still waiting to find out, it has to be any day now if they're giving decisions on the 7th April! 

On 3/10/2017 at 0:49 PM, sarahrachel said:

i interned at the whitney last summer - i heard back for an interview around march 20th, and was offered a position the first week of april! it's so stressful waiting so long, so i thought i could share my timeline from last year x

How did you like the internship? And what department were you in, if you don't mind sharing :)

I applied for an internship at MoMA last fall, and I was requested for an interview 3 days before the notification deadline and interviewed on the notification date. There's still hope if you haven't heard anything! 

52 minutes ago, pg17 said:

I applied for an internship at MoMA last fall, and I was requested for an interview 3 days before the notification deadline and interviewed on the notification date. There's still hope if you haven't heard anything! 

Thank you SO much for sharing this. I haven't heard anything yet and I'm super anxious! How would you describe the interview process?

I'd encourage everyone to keep in mind it's really busy at the museum since some exhibits are close to finishing up and others are in the last stages of being put together. Also, they're pretty quick about letting you know if they like you -- I was notified that I got the internship just three days after my interview.