Is it time? Should I call up grad schools now?

buddycool666

I dont know whether I am growing extra impatient ! But Its happening to one and all I guess. I have heard few rejections till date but they were all a month ago and I was expecting them. But what about the other universities? When I inquired into the admission status and possible date of conveyance of decision, I was told it would be February end.. at the most mid March. I have been seeing quite a few posts where people are continuously getting decision be it rejections or acceptances but not in a 'stand still' state. I was tempted to call up all the universities instead of emailing them but due to heavy international call charges(I am from INDIA ) this plan has been held in abeyance. If it is this late then how will universities conduct phone interviews(if at all I am selected for one)? Or is this delay an indication of "Whole Lotta Rejects" (no zeppelin)!!!!! Please gradcafe members help me out here !!

Honestly, with accept dates being April 15th, I wouldn't start calling schools until the first week of April. Maybe the last few days of March... But you still have quite some time until you have to make decisions, so I'd let it ride.

I'm also from India, I tried calling a few, but they are really irritated when you do so. They are handling applications from all departments and they are not call centers. Its better to be patient. In my case, I'm waiting for an offer details email or letter, after my acceptance. I've mailed them, that it takes weeks for the postal mail to reach this place. I'll call them up, late next week, if there's no email.

Regarding phone interviews, Its generally happens through skype, and at managable times like 9:30 pm IST. So, don't worry, if they want to contact you, they will call you or drop you a mail.

Edited by rejectMeNot

It can be time. Notifications have been going out for a while, or just starting to. Depending on your program, I'd email this week or the next.

An email would be best though, so they can respond at their leisure. Good luck.