Boston University LEAP Program

Bobbi

I heard back this Friday without having to call them up! They didn't say anything about financial aid yet but I was admitted.

Thanks for giving us the heads up CMC_Kid, and congrats as well!

Out of curiosity, how did you find out about your acceptance? Did they call you, or was it by e-mail or snail mail?

Thanks for giving us the heads up CMC_Kid, and congrats as well!

Out of curiosity, how did you find out about your acceptance? Did they call you, or was it by e-mail or snail mail?

Thanks! 

I was told via email. 

Congrats to everyone who got in!  I'm new to the forum, but I have been following this thread for a couple months now. 

I applied to LEAP for the Fall 2013 semester, but I haven't heard back yet. 

I'm curious what you all scored on the GRE. 

My scores-> Quant - 159, Verbal - 160, Essay - 4.5

I'm disappointed with my quant score and thinking about taking it again.

Congrats to everyone who got in!  I'm new to the forum, but I have been following this thread for a couple months now. 

I applied to LEAP for the Fall 2013 semester, but I haven't heard back yet. 

I'm curious what you all scored on the GRE. 

My scores-> Quant - 159, Verbal - 160, Essay - 4.5

I'm disappointed with my quant score and thinking about taking it again.

welcome musiccity!

here you go: quant - 160, verbal 165, writing - 4.0

from what i am told mine are about average for the LEAP program.

Number43, have you heard anything about financial aid?

I've checked this thread out over the last several months.  It's been a good read, even after reading the same posts over and over...  

Just found out I was accepted for Fall for EE.  Here are a few details.  I know it was helpful to see a few of the other poster's profiles:

GRE V: 162, Q: 159, AW: 4.5

Undergrad (Music): 3.5

Grad (Music Ed.): 3.95

It seems I received the congratulations email because the grad office was trying to track down my FAFSA (I thought I had sent it).  They mentioned 3/29 as a drop-dead date to be considered for financial aid.

Hey guys, I am looking forward to meeting all of you next semester. BU is a great place and I am sure that engineering classes are going to be awesome. I will probably start in the summer... a weird question.. how old are you? .. I get the feeling that I am going to be the youngest in the program lol .. I am going to graduate in May 2013. I am 23 by the way 

Edited by claudio89

I'm in guys!! Mech E this fall, but I'm going to look into taking a few classes this summer. I received the email this afternoon after my post. Tesla'd- I'm also having issues with the FAFSA. I completed it two months ago and they told me they haven't received it. I'm going to contact the financial aid office tomorrow morning. Claudio89- I just turned 31.

I still haven't heard back about financial aid or scholarships; they notified that it will come later through email.  I'm guessing they received my FAFSA, as they haven't said anything about it.  

And as for age, I will be 24 in fall.

Anyone have any leads on housing? There is some good info on this forum about housing. I was thinking maybe we could take that and create another gradcafe forum if possible, one called "Boston University LEAP - Housing," We could just paste in all the relevant info and go from there. It might be a good place for incoming LEAPers to look for housing as well as current LEAPers to connect with the incomings.

What do y'all think?

CMC_Kid - I'm from the area originally so I plan on staying with either my mother or other family while in the program.  You can't beat free rent. 

I agree that a BU LEAP - Housing thread would be beneficial.

hey all, I haven't been checking in much lately, but if you guys need any specific advice or have questions about BU, LEAP, or Boston in general feel free to ask here or message me. For reference, I graduated from the program last August but I was there for 3 years so have lots of recommendations. 

I have been admitted as well. I found out a couple of weeks ago about my admission, and then got another acceptance email today for some reason. My GRE scores were Q-162 V-157 W-4.0. I'm looking forward to starting classes and would appreciate any input from current LEAP students about housing/classes.

Just heard back too and Im in for Mech E. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Thanks for starting the housing thread CMC_Kid.

No problemo. Congrats on admission!

I have been admitted as well. I found out a couple of weeks ago about my admission, and then got another acceptance email today for some reason. My GRE scores were Q-162 V-157 W-4.0. I'm looking forward to starting classes and would appreciate any input from current LEAP students about housing/classes.

Congrats LeeSu! Check out the housing thread, i copied a bunch of recommendations there from last year by ghanada.

Also, possibly a bit out of date but still some useful tips: http://busage.wikispaces.com/

Congrats to Noreaster, BestAfterBegun, LeeSu2!

As a Computer Engineering major, I'm glad there are such varieties of majors in this thread!

I posted this on the subthread regarding housing, but I'll post again here:

I'm currently residing in the Los Angeles area (CA), if anyone within the area is interested in meeting up for some coffee and discussing topics such as housing, the program, financial aid, just PM me and I can try to set something up!

If anyone is interested in sharing the rent of an apartment, please let me know. The ideal for me would be to share a two bedroom apartment with one person. Even though I am not a big fan of 3-4 people apartments, I might consider it if it looks good and is in a good location. Also, I will be a Computer Engineering major.

So, if you are interested, let me know!

Claudio  

Hi Everyone,

I found out today that I was accepted into the EE program, and plan to start in the summer. I thought I would post my stats as well to show that GRE scores are not the only/main consideration. Q:154 V:162 A: 4.0. I am currently in a post-baccalaureate program for physics, and have maintained a 4.0 gpa since I started the program, and I am almost certain that this, combined with my letters of recommendation and personal statement, is what got me accepted. So, for those who may be concerned about the GRE, they do take the rest of your application into consideration.

Hey everyone - I've been reading this thread for a while but I've never posted.  I've been accepted to LEAP for Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2013), and I was wondering if any of you guys had visited the program or were planning to.  Looking on their site I'm not quite sure who to contact, and I'd like to visit relatively soon, as I only have until April 15th to decide between schools.  I sent an email to the enggrad@bu.edu address, but I'd rather contact an actual person.  I will probably call the office tomorrow, but any information you guys have about specific people you contacted would be great.  

Congrats to everyone who got in! LEAP looks like a really awesome program.