Boston University LEAP Program

Bobbi

Hey everyone - I've been reading this thread for a while but I've never posted.  I've been accepted to LEAP for Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2013), and I was wondering if any of you guys had visited the program or were planning to.  Looking on their site I'm not quite sure who to contact, and I'd like to visit relatively soon, as I only have until April 15th to decide between schools.  I sent an email to the enggrad@bu.edu address, but I'd rather contact an actual person.  I will probably call the office tomorrow, but any information you guys have about specific people you contacted would be great.  

Congrats to everyone who got in! LEAP looks like a really awesome program.  

You should definitely call them up, they tend to respond to your questions quicker.  I tried emailing them once regarding admissions, and I didn't get a reply.  I called them a week later and got a reply that same day.

I still haven't received my formal email of acceptance (I've so far only received an informal letter of acceptance). 

Is anyone on the same boat as I am? (or should I be worried?)

Edited by Number43

I asked the chair when I could expect to receive my acceptance letter, as I have not yet received one either, and this was her response: "I'm waiting on the department to forward me your curriculum planning sheet and to inform me of your advisor's name. Once I have this information, I can send you your official admission letter, along with this information. I expect to have this within the next week."

I still haven't received my formal email of acceptance (I've so far only received an informal letter of acceptance). 

Is anyone on the same boat as I am? (or should I be worried?)

I'm in the same boat as well.

Just heard back too and Im in for Mech E. Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Thanks for starting the housing thread CMC_Kid.

my congrats!

how much time have you waited their decision?

my congrats!

I submitted my application in January (I think the deadline is January or February), so I've waited quite some time.

Has anyone heard on finaid yet?

my congrats!

I submitted mine on the last day for financial aid consideration, January 15th, but my final letter of recommendation came in on January 30th. 

I have still yet to receive a formal acceptance letter with my class planning sheeting nor have I received anything on financial aid. 

I still have yet to receive a formal acceptance letter as well, but I just got an email stating I was one of the students offered the LEAP scholarship. They stated they are behind on their official notifications and hope to have acceptance letters and financial aid packets out within the next week.

I haven't received the official letter either, but I also received an email letting me know I have been offered the LEAP scholarship.

Hopefully they send out the formal acceptance soon.  I'd like to find out who my advisor is so I can sign up for summer courses.  

I submitted mine on the last day for financial aid consideration, January 15th, but my final letter of recommendation came in on January 30th. 

I have still yet to receive a formal acceptance letter with my class planning sheeting nor have I received anything on financial aid. 

I submitted my application on March 14th, and my last recimmendation was submitted a week ago. when should i expect their decision?

I submitted my application on March 14th, and my last recimmendation was submitted a week ago. when should i expect their decision?

Not sure but in my case it took me a little over 7 weeks but I assume they will get yours out quicker since that would be pushing it pretty late. 

Does anyone know if there is a class you can take at either a community college or college summer school that transfers for EK 127?

I also applied March 15th, but my GRE scores were not recieved until about a week later. I am a graduating senior from a prestigious university who had a low GPA, but was dealing with medical issues during college and had to leave for some time. I'm really hoping the LEAP program can help me get back on track. Anyone who apllied at the second deadline hear back yet?

I received the LEAP scholarship as well. Does anyone know how the scholarship works for summer classes? Also, I think we should start a facebook group.

Hi LeeSu, I just sent you a PM in regards to starting a facebook group.

Does anyone know if there is a class you can take at either a community college or college summer school that transfers for EK 127?

EK 127 was waived for me, and I took two lower-division programming courses. They covered most of the programming concepts mentioned in the course description.

Is anyone else here biomedical? 

Anyhow, congrats to everyone else that got in!

EK 127 was waived for me, and I took two lower-division programming courses. They covered most of the programming concepts mentioned in the course description.

I am!  I was admitted earlier this week  :]

Has anyone received an official letter or set up meetings with professors?  I've called a couple times about meeting with faculty, but they keep telling me to wait until I get my official acceptance letter.  I'd be happy to, except decision deadlines for other schools are April 15th, so I have to finish visiting everywhere by the end of next week.  Has anyone successfully set up meetings or visited the program? If so, how?

Thanks ninjapenguin0!

I haven't been active on this forum, but I was accepted into biomedical engineering for Fall '13. Congrats to everyone else and I'm excited to meet everyone. I just received my finaid and official letter today.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

LeeSu2 and I have created a Facebook group for incoming LEAP students. Hopefully it can be a place we can share info, meet each other, and plan some events. 

You can join here! - https://www.facebook.com/groups/237105469765491/

I don't know if you just specifically want a group for your specific incoming class, but I think you should all join the official LEAP fb group as it is pretty active and gets lots of quick responses from both current and past members (such as myself). I believe it is a closed group, but you should be able to request access if you are accepted and going to be starting LEAP this year. 

I don't know if you just specifically want a group for your specific incoming class, but I think you should all join the official LEAP fb group as it is pretty active and gets lots of quick responses from both current and past members (such as myself). I believe it is a closed group, but you should be able to request access if you are accepted and going to be starting LEAP this year. 

Does anyone have a link to the official LEAP facebook group?  I've had a hard time finding it...