Boston University LEAP Program

Bobbi

Finally!! Congrats!

Have you gotten the official email yet? I haven't, but I'm wondering if they are just waiting till they make the FA decisions and will send it all out together. I'm starting to get paranoid :wacko: .

Edited by v834

Finally!! Congrats!

Thanks!!

Have you gotten the official email yet? I haven't, but I'm wondering if they are just waiting till they make the FA decisions and will send it all out together. I'm starting to get paranoid :wacko: .

This email says "you will be receiving an email with a formal letter of admission as well as information regarding your LEAP advisor and the minimum number of courses you will be expected to take in Phase I. We are currently in the process of determining applicant eligibility for scholarship awards and federal financial aid....."

Hi everyone, I was searching around and stumbled upon this forum, so I thought I'd say hi. I applied to LEAP for the Fall 2012 semester and I found out that I was accepted yesterday. Good luck to those still waiting to hear.

Hi everyone, I was searching around and stumbled upon this forum, so I thought I'd say hi. I applied to LEAP for the Fall 2012 semester and I found out that I was accepted yesterday. Good luck to those still waiting to hear.

Congrats!!

Thanks!!

This email says "you will be receiving an email with a formal letter of admission as well as information regarding your LEAP advisor and the minimum number of courses you will be expected to take in Phase I. We are currently in the process of determining applicant eligibility for scholarship awards and federal financial aid....."

Ah okay good to know. I figured they might wait until they made all the financial aid decisions.

Yeah, I got the official e-mail/letters on either the 6th or 7th of March. Just waiting on that aid package now...

Yeah, I got the official e-mail/letters on either the 6th or 7th of March. Just waiting on that aid package now...

Strange, I emailed Helaine to see since she did say they should go out that week.... :unsure:

Strange, I emailed Helaine to see since she did say they should go out that week.... :unsure:

The official letters or the FinAid packages? The other day Helaine said FinAid packages should be out by the end of the month...right after she said mid-March, haha.

The official letters or the FinAid packages? The other day Helaine said FinAid packages should be out by the end of the month...right after she said mid-March, haha.

The offical letter, she said it would be later that week and that was the 5th. I dropped her an email and hopefully she'll get back to me today (Monday). Yeah I kinda though the financial aid would take longer than mentioned. :lol:

Helaine mentioned to me that that financial aid info should be coming out first week of April...

All I've received so far is an email from Helaine saying I'm in, and that an "official email" will come later, tho I have yet to receive that..anyone else?

Helaine mentioned to me that that financial aid info should be coming out first week of April...

All I've received so far is an email from Helaine saying I'm in, and that an "official email" will come later, tho I have yet to receive that..anyone else?

Haha, they're all over the place...

Yeah they are a bit. I emailed and she said they are behind, but that everything is coming and then she sent me my letter and curriculum sheet and told me the offical letter and financial aid will be coming soon, because I was afraid I wasn't recieving the emails (I had an incident a few weeks ago where email wasn't gettin through). Anyways, long story short is that we aren't missing anything, it's just taking them a bit longer than they expected. I'm hoping everything will start to go out the first week of April, but who knows for sure, perhaps they got more applicants than anticipated.

• 3 weeks later...

Helaine was out this week (got an autoreply) but the director of admissions says financial aid stuff should be out "within the next week." I was told that on Wed. So, *crosses fingers* hopefully this coming week. BTW, is anyone taking summer school and looking for an apt? I feel like I'm way behind, haven't found anywhere yet....

Helaine was out this week (got an autoreply) but the director of admissions says financial aid stuff should be out "within the next week." I was told that on Wed. So, *crosses fingers* hopefully this coming week. BTW, is anyone taking summer school and looking for an apt? I feel like I'm way behind, haven't found anywhere yet....

Let's hope so. I'm doing summer and signed a lease two days ago. Leases tend to begin at the beginning of the month, so if you're taking classes starting May 22nd, you'll want to jump on it.

Edited by StaNg72

Let's hope so. I'm doing summer and signed a lease two days ago. Leases tend to begin at the beginning of the month, so if you're taking classes starting May 22nd, you'll want to jump on it.

I plan on starting in July, but I hear graduation leaves a lot of apartments open, so I've started looking.

there are TONS of summer sublets available in Boston since everyone has to sign leases until August 31st and many people are either done with school or gone for the summer. Often times you get a better deal on these places as they are furnished and already setup with cable and internet. It would also give you some time to look for fall apartments.

there are TONS of summer sublets available in Boston since everyone has to sign leases until August 31st and many people are either done with school or gone for the summer. Often times you get a better deal on these places as they are furnished and already setup with cable and internet. It would also give you some time to look for fall apartments.

Aha....very good to know. Thank you!

I feel a little bad, haha...it seems we've all been bombarding her with e-mails. I sure have. We should get her flowers!

Haha, yeah, I think we have. I would have been calling too, but I know she's probably inundated. I'd be in to get her some flowers.. :)

I've held off emailing because I figured news would pop up here sooner or later :D. Still, I'm getting rather impatient...I'll probably email next week if there is still no news.