What Does it Means???

DavidUBB

Hi guys,

I just checked the website of Arizona and my status says:

You have been recommended for admission to the University of Arizona Graduate College for the program in Systems and Industrial Engineering PhD for the Fall 2011 semester. Please be advised that this is not a final admission. A Graduate College evaluation and review is required to finalize admissibility. Once this process is complete and all requirements are met, your official Certificate of Graduate Admission will be mailed to you and your status will be changed to 'admitted'. Please allow 4-6 weeks for this final admission process.

Is it almost an acceptance???

What kind of of evaluation does the graduate college??

Thank you very Much!!!

It probably means that the department wants to admit you, but all admissions have to be finalized by the faculty of graduate studies. Typically they do things like ensure grades and GRE scores meet minimum criteria for the university, and make sure a fair process has been followed. It means you're not technically in yet, but quite likely to be admitted.

Yes, it is almost an acceptance. They only check if you meet the minimal requirements (GPA, TOEFL if you're international.....and they don't even check the GRE, because the Grad College does not have such a requirement).

If all these requirements are met (which they should be, if the department did its selection properly), you will get an official acceptance along with you student ID. Sometimes this acceptance is subject to the receipt of certain documents, e.g. your final, official transcript if you're still working on a degree right now.

Basically, you're in. Congratulations!

BTW it took only 3 weeks, not 4-6, in my case.

Yes, it is almost an acceptance. They only check if you meet the minimal requirements (GPA, TOEFL if you're international.....and they don't even check the GRE, because the Grad College does not have such a requirement).

If all these requirements are met (which they should be, if the department did its selection properly), you will get an official acceptance along with you student ID. Sometimes this acceptance is subject to the receipt of certain documents, e.g. your final, official transcript if you're still working on a degree right now.

Basically, you're in. Congratulations!

BTW it took only 3 weeks, not 4-6, in my case.

At University of Arizona, what is the minimum GPA required by the Graduate Division? Is it 3.00? unsure.gif

Yes it is.

In the graduate division course web page, it says the last 60 graded semester units. If you are applying during your 4th year where none of your 4th year grades are available, does this mean they look at your 2nd and 3rd year grades to calculate the 3.00 minimum GPA requirement or they calculate your 3rd and 4th and your admission offer is pending approval based on your final submitted transcript in Spring 2012 (I plan to apply in Fall 2011 and enter Fall 2012 for the PhD))? unsure.gif

In the graduate division course web page, it says the last 60 graded semester units. If you are applying during your 4th year where none of your 4th year grades are available, does this mean they look at your 2nd and 3rd year grades to calculate the 3.00 minimum GPA requirement or they calculate your 3rd and 4th and your admission offer is pending approval based on your final submitted transcript in Spring 2012 (I plan to apply in Fall 2011 and enter Fall 2012 for the PhD))? unsure.gif

They write the admission is subject to the receipt of the final official degree certificate and transcript, but no GPA requirements are given. Therefore I guess they calculated the GPA based on the transcript I sent with my application.