Public/Intl Affairs/Relations/Policy Fall 2009

Dreams

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my letter and I was denied. I am still in shock. I mean, with a CMU acceptance and scholarship, there was no way I was going but still!

Ah well. I am trying not to be upset since it doesn't mess up my plans at all. I am just surprised. I have never been denied from a school before and I really want my first denial to be WWS, since it is a respectable place to be turned away from.

I hope whoever asked me to post my stats reads this but I'm not clogging up the results page with that stuff:

3.66 overall

3.91 upper division

Manga cum laude honors w/ senior thesis in English

730Q/690V

2 years professional work experience ]

Argh...Plate or platter, this was NOT what I want to hear! I have a feeling tonight will be nightmares for sure.

I read someone saying that NYU is expected this week...was that based on last year's results page?

I read someone saying that NYU is expected this week...was that based on last year's results page?

Oh, I think that was me. That's based on the fact that they have rolling admission, and some mid-February decisions listed on the results page last year. It also looks like a number of people last year didn't hear until March, so who knows...

I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site, although I wish I'd known about you all before I applied. Anyone else regretting not applying to more "big name" schools? I didn't expect to get in anywhere, and so far I've gotten accepted to 2 programs and instead of being happy I'm mad at myself for not reaching higher!

Can I ask a silly question (well, two, really)?

1. How do you quote someone--ie get the little box within your text so that you're responding directly to the poster?

2. How did people set up little signatures boxes at the bottom that indicate to which schools they applied?

Clearly, technology is not my forte...

Can I ask a silly question (well, two, really)?

1. How do you quote someone--ie get the little box within your text so that you're responding directly to the poster?

2. How did people set up little signatures boxes at the bottom that indicate to which schools they applied?

Clearly, technology is not my forte...

Clearly indeed :)

1. See the Quote button in the upper right hand corner of the message? Click that and you are game.

2. This is done from the Control Panel Near the top of the screen. Click that, then goto profile and select signature. Create your siggy and you are all set!

I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site, although I wish I'd known about you all before I applied. Anyone else regretting not applying to more "big name" schools? I didn't expect to get in anywhere, and so far I've gotten accepted to 2 programs and instead of being happy I'm mad at myself for not reaching higher!

I

I've fallen silent on this thread because I have nothing to contribute. Unfortunately, I haven't heard anything and it seems the earliest I could expect to hear is in a couple weeks from Fletcher--but even that is an unknown. Last year they released some acceptances around the start of the fourth week of February, but that might have been a one-year deal.

Most of my schools said they would release decisions by March 15. Looking at the calendar, the 14th and 15th are Saturday and Sunday, so I have about one calendar month to wait. The closer we get, the more feckless I become. 31 days isn't that long, is it? I hope all my schools release financial aid decisions at the same time!

Hey everyone,

I know the wait is def a pain. lol

ANyone heard of NYU- Masters in Global Affairs- I dont know what to think of it. Ive been getting materials from them but I dont know much about the program. ANY thing you know would be GREATLY appreciated.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks in advance.

I have applied to U Denver's Korbel, Syracuse U's Maxwell, GW, and Georgetown for MA programs in International Security.

Reading all of your posts makes me nervous. I hate being stuck in this limbo phase of waiting, but I am sure I have a lot longer to wait than all of you. So far I have received an e-mail from Denver stating that my application is now under review...

I graduated in May of 2008 from U Minnesota, has everyone else been out for a while? Anyone going for International Security?

I applied to the University of Denver's International Security program and received an acceptance email on 29 January. I haven't received any financial aid information yet though. I also applied to Syracuse's IR program but haven't heard back from them yet. Hang in there! You might receive an email later depending on when you submitted you application. I think I submitted mine in mid-December.

I applied to the University of Denver's International Security program and received an acceptance email on 29 January. I haven't received any financial aid information yet though. I also applied to Syracuse's IR program but haven't heard back from them yet. Hang in there! You might receive an email later depending on when you submitted you application. I think I submitted mine in mid-December.

I didn't get anything in early. I made these grad school decisions in November and scrambled from there. 3/4 of my apps were late because I was waiting on one of my letters of rec due to my last and most important professor having medical issues. I got Denver's "we are reviewing your file" e-mail on the 28th, so if it took you about a month and half I should know by early March-ish. I just sent an e-mail to Syracuse making sure they have everything. Hopefully they respond tomorrow.

It's nice to "meet" another International Security person. I thought I was the only one!

I guess that is true. I just want know where I am going so I can start planning my move. I have never lived outside my home state (and I didn't apply to any schools in my home state), so this is an exciting time for me.

I'm really excited about the move, too! I grew up in one place, moved for college and stayed after. So, this is only my second move ever!

Hey everyone,

I know the wait is def a pain. lol

ANyone heard of NYU- Masters in Global Affairs- I dont know what to think of it. Ive been getting materials from them but I dont know much about the program. ANY thing you know would be GREATLY appreciated.

Good luck everyone!

Thanks in advance.

Hey Salman,

I applied to that program. Pretty new but I love the location (since I am intl and I have friends in NYC). PM me if you want to discuss further.

Ciao!

Stupid question here for those of you who have heard back from GWU and Georgetown. Have any of these schools set a deadline yet for responses from admitted students? Or do we have until April 15 to respond? After all this work and agony, I don't want to screw this up. :)

Stupid question here for those of you who have heard back from GWU and Georgetown. Have any of these schools set a deadline yet for responses from admitted students? Or do we have until April 15 to respond? After all this work and agony, I don't want to screw this up. :)

There was no date listed in the GW e-mail but I believe it was more of an unofficial notice of an admission. I imagine that there will be date when the hard copy is sent through the mail. I have not received the hard copy yet. Has anyone else?

Funding info -

yep, of which i received none.

I got an email from the Trachtenberg school on - January 28 - saying that i was being recommended to the Columbian school of arts and science for admission. The email was worrisome because it spoke in definite terms yet used the word "recommend." So i called the office and asked them and they said I could celebrate and that I would be "officially" accepted.

There's also a very active discussion for admitted MPP/A GW students on google groups.

I'll get back to you guys later today on the deadline.... i cant remember :oops: