Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

I just found out today! I won a full grant to Austria! I can't believe it! This is my third time applying...so third time is the charm! Good luck to all of you-

Congrats! That's huge, esp. considering how few full grants Austria has. Wonderful news!

Hello all,

My Name is Souhila. I'm new to the gradcafe forum community. I'm plant pathologist. I applied last year for he 2012/2013 international fulbright science nd technology award. I was a finalist and my application went to wachington DC for revision by the IFSTA board for final selection. The announcement of the decicins was planned for september 15 2011, but nothing yet came. On the IFSTA webpage they announced that the program is suspended for 2013/2014 and that the decisions were already announced for the 2012/2013 cohort. I didnt get any news yet, even that I'm not selected. Anyone knows someone who applied and got an answer (or maybe is in the same situation).

Happy to be among you.

Best,

Souhila.

Hi Germany ETA applicants. I received a response from Theresa. She said we will hear of our status early next week. Here's to hoping we hear something on Monday!

What wonderful news! I bet you just made people so happy/anxious, haha. Good luck guys!

I just received a response from my Fulbright advisor. Unfortunately it doesn't offer up much information at all, but wanted to pass this on anyway for Russia Fulbright folks...

Hi ---,

They are emailing me as the students are being notified -- no news from Russia yet. I

have only received a couple of country notifications so far, so I think the rest are

still reporting. Let's wait a week and see. Thanks, ---

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, -- wrote:

Hi Ms. ----,

I am a finalist for a Fulbright from Russia and, like many others, am anxious and eager

to hear whether or not I am awarded the grant. I was wondering if you have any

information about when we will receive notification? During my interview with the

Russian Fulbright commission I was told that they submit their list by March 1st. I'm

grateful for any information you pass my way!

Thank you,

---

Edited by belafish

Hi Germany ETA applicants. I received a response from Theresa. She said we will hear of our status early next week. Here's to hoping we hear something on Monday!

I found out today that when someone receives a Fulbright at my school they get lawn signs in our school colors that say: Congratulations _(full name)_. Fulbright Scholar to _(country)_. They put them all around campus.

I want signs with my name on them next week!

Edited by KMJE89

Hi so I just stumbled upon this thread and saw that incredible spreadsheet. I am waiting to find out for a full grant to the Netherlands but it looks like a bunch of people have already been notified for the Netherlands! Can anyone let me know when those people found out so I can start hitting refresh on my inbox every 5 seconds/ assume the worst?

Thanks!

Hi so I just stumbled upon this thread and saw that incredible spreadsheet. I am waiting to find out for a full grant to the Netherlands but it looks like a bunch of people have already been notified for the Netherlands! Can anyone let me know when those people found out so I can start hitting refresh on my inbox every 5 seconds/ assume the worst?

Thanks!

?

I don't think anyone has been notified for the netherlands yet.... are you looking at the right spreadsheet?

Thanks!

No one has been notified for the Netherlands. They're just finalists waiting to hear like you.

Edited by Biz

Yeah, let's hope it is Monday! Oh, but it's scarier now that there's kind of a deadline! I mean, we should expect to know by Wednesday at the latest, right?!?! Ahhh!!

Hi! I'm really relieved! so there is still hope ! lets wait !

Hi Saouali,

Biz and I were replying to another person's post about being recommended for a Full Research Grant to the Netherlands.The fulbright administers scholarships for Americans wanting to study and teach abroad and for Non-Americans wanting to study and teach in the United States. The deadline for notifications for Americans is not over yet.

I see you applied to the International Science and Technology Award. This is a grant for non-americans to study in america, as I'm sure you know. According to the timeline on their website, you should have been contacted last September regarding your application:

http://scienceandtec...rogram-timeline

"September 12, 2011

- IIE will begin to initiate direct contact with candidates via email. Commissions and Posts will be copied on the initial email."

By this time, IIE should already be applying for your placement if you are a candidate who received the grant.

"Early April 2012

- IIE will advance admission decisions to ECA for consideration and final placement approval."

I don't really know how that program works, so i'm not sure if you would have definitely been contacted by someone in September, but I suggest you get in contact with someone from IIE as soon as possible.

Edited by bdoll

Hello!

I've been lurking here for quite a while, so I figured I would finally join and actively participate in the agony of waiting for notification. B) I am a finalist for the ETA to Russia. Once again, I find myself at the end of another week with no word from Fulbright. I am dying to know whether I got accepted or not! Maybe next week...

-Kellie

Thank you bdoll for your comprehensive reply. I see that I'm not in the right forum ! got confused at first when reading the osts but posted even that (sorry) ! Yes, I did look at the time line page on their webpage. The results should have been announced by mid september 2011. As finalist I should at least receive a notification saying that I am or I am not selected. Even our embassy didnt receive anything. I believe I dont have the right to contact IIE by myself? because I submitted my application thru the embassy.

Thank you.

Best.

Just notified that I got the ETA in Germany ! Wooooooo !!!!

Congrats!! I'm also in the running for an ETA in Germany. How is it that you were notified today? I thought they said we wouldn't find out until early next week... In any case, congrats again!

Thank you bdoll for your comprehensive reply. I see that I'm not in the right forum ! got confused at first when reading the osts but posted even that (sorry) ! Yes, I did look at the time line page on their webpage. The results should have been announced by mid september 2011. As finalist I should at least receive a notification saying that I am or I am not selected. Even our embassy didnt receive anything. I believe I dont have the right to contact IIE by myself? because I submitted my application thru the embassy.

Thank you.

Best.

That is very strange. It does say on their website that IIE would be contacting the applicants directly, so I don't think it would break any rules if you emailed scienceandtech@fulbrightmail.org and maybe contacted someone at your embassy? Best of luck to you.

EDIT: congrats germany ETA person!

Edited by bdoll

I'm very curious to know how the German ETA found out. I expect email but should I also expect notification by mail when I get home? The dates of notification seem to be consistent through the years. I'm guessing that they are sending individual emails.

Edited by TheodPliske8711