Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

I had a good feeling about March 23rd, but no dice. Maybe this week?

Finally got the dreaded phone call from a former professor asking about the news. The answer: ".... still waiting."

Wishing I had never mentioned it to anyone- now they are all getting antsy, too. **No pressure, people!**

i cant help but be skeptical with the recent trolls -_-, but i thought weekends were off limits... w/e im just glad I havent been worrying about the fulbright so much these past few days (like 2 but its a something lol)

I had a good feeling about March 23rd, but no dice. Maybe this week?

Finally got the dreaded phone call from a former professor asking about the news. The answer: ".... still waiting."

Wishing I had never mentioned it to anyone- now they are all getting antsy, too. **No pressure, people!**

I'm back in my hometown for spring break, and went to see a play at my sister's high school last night (I went there too, small community...) and literally EVERYONE I spoke to: former teachers, other peoples' parents, etc. was asking if I've heard yet. Apparently my parents have been oversharing.

I have a neverending list of people insisting that I let them know as soon as I know. Come on, Germany, let's get these emails out just so I can stop saying "No, not yet...I still don't know what I'm doing with my life next year".

finally another Turkey ETA person on here... it took forever for the finalists from the last few years to hear back. I am hoping it doesn't take that long this year but it probably will.

They heard back so late last year because YOK had to resign its contract with Fulbright. So paperwork had to be done at all the universities before the notifications could go out. That won't be an issue this year, so I think we will hear back a lot sooner. Turkey is notoriously slow, but education is a big issue right now, and I have heard that Turkey is trying to expand its Fulbright program. All of which could bode well for us to here sooner... rather than later. Inshallah.

@wmg12--That would be great. Did you apply for a Full or ETA?

Also, I would be really curious to learn where you read that Turkey is expanding its Fulbright program! You seem admirably well-informed. :)

I'm not expecting that Turkey will be able to notify us for a good while yet, but I hope that perhaps some other countries deliver good news this week!

Well, so far I have had three dreams about getting the reply: two that I got it and one that I didn't... this is playing psychological games with me.

I've been having those dreams for the last few months...it's awful! It's so good to know the waiting will be over in a couple of days, although then I'll have to wait to hear from Austria: not deciding till I've heard from both.

Well, so far I have had three dreams about getting the reply: two that I got it and one that I didn't... this is playing psychological games with me.

I also had a dream about fulbright. i was rejected.. the dream was so detailed.

Edited by Bessie Reina

I have yet to have a Fulbright dream. Only 1 dream about graduation where they completely messed up my degree which made it invalid (weird, right?). I better not have jinxed myself about the Fulbright dream though and have one tonight.

I also tend to check my E-mail on my phone when I wake up and can't quite comprehend what's there, so maybe the E-mail will be there in the morning and it'll feel like a dream.

I know it's still too early for Sub-Saharan Africa notifications, but when the time comes, any BOTSWANA grantees are welcome to PM me for advice about moving here, living arrangements, etc. I am a current grantee in Botswana and would be happy to impart what I've learned about finding a place to live (and I have a car to sell too!) :)

I know it's still too early for Sub-Saharan Africa notifications, but when the time comes, any BOTSWANA grantees are welcome to PM me for advice about moving here, living arrangements, etc. I am a current grantee in Botswana and would be happy to impart what I've learned about finding a place to live (and I have a car to sell too!) :)

Yay! I will PM you,I did not apply to Botswana but to sub-saharan Africa, and I have some questions in general.

But wait, when did you hear back last year?