Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

just talked to rachel H. She said probably not for a week or so for Romania...

Did she seem annoyed that you called, or was she quite pleasant about it all? I don't want to be a bother, but I'm tempted to call because my husband has to give notice to his school by April 15 on whether or not he will be coming back to teach next year (which hinges on whether I get the Fulbright or not), and the lack of timeline is stressful for both of us.

Congrats to all have heard back so far!

even for those who didn't make it... at least you are no longer on pins and needles.

anyone else anxiously waiting to hear back from Spain and hoping this week is it? Last year I think notifications when out early-mid April, but I'm not sure about years previous to that.

Did she seem annoyed that you called, or was she quite pleasant about it all? I don't want to be a bother, but I'm tempted to call because my husband has to give notice to his school by April 15 on whether or not he will be coming back to teach next year (which hinges on whether I get the Fulbright or not), and the lack of timeline is stressful for both of us.

She seemed a bit annoyed, and asked me who told me she might have more information (I said I saw it on a message board...), but then answered my question pleasantly enough. I had an aversion to bothering her as well, but it is her job, and to be frank, this has been bothering me for weeks and interfering with my work.

The EU is finding out TODAY according to Rachel! OMG I can't stand it!!! Literally shaking until the email comes!!!

Truly?!?! You got the impression that we'll be hearing back from the whole lot of countries, not just one? (I ask out of nervous/anxious anticipation.)

Edited by pozor

Truly?!?! You got the impression that we'll be hearing back from the whole lot of countries, not just one? (I ask out of nervous/anxious anticipation.)

There is a grant that is offered for the EU where the research proposals focus on EU affairs or US-EU relations (in the same way that specific countries offer full grants towards research projects related to their country)

Here is the link from Fulbright: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/program_country.html?id=131 ('country' summary)

I think they are talking about the EU grants from Fulbright, not the countries in the EU.

EDIT: nevermind! you probably saw Jeb266's answer.

Edited by bdoll

I was just selected for a full grant to Australia. It is the Fulbright to study and do a project at the ANU College of Business and Economics in Canberra, Australia. I will be researching public private partnerships for infrastructure financing in Australia.